Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,863 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jnestell's Posts

You might have to install as super admin if you are already an admin on that computer.  You can do that by holding down the shift key and at the same time right click on the install file.  Choose... See more...
You might have to install as super admin if you are already an admin on that computer.  You can do that by holding down the shift key and at the same time right click on the install file.  Choose the "run as" admin option from there.
The phone does not lock like it used to prior to the update.  You can put it in "sleep" like mode by holding the A key down.  You will notice a lock on that key.
There is no plan for a 5.0 version from verizon.  Instead they released the Curve II with a 5.x OS installed.
It sounds like a windows7 issue.  I have not seen this before.
I have seen it get hot but there are factors that contribute to it.  It needs to be in a space to get adequate air flow, not covered by things.  Also, if putting it in a window, any direct sunlig... See more...
I have seen it get hot but there are factors that contribute to it.  It needs to be in a space to get adequate air flow, not covered by things.  Also, if putting it in a window, any direct sunlight may also affect the temperature.  I keep mine plugged in 24/7 as well and while it gets hot at times, it has not affected the performance and has not become unbearably hot.
Your new phone may not have activated completely.  You may want to try to register the phone again by dialing *228 and option 1.  Also what connection do you show on your phone?  Is it 1EXV or 1e... See more...
Your new phone may not have activated completely.  You may want to try to register the phone again by dialing *228 and option 1.  Also what connection do you show on your phone?  Is it 1EXV or 1exv or 1x?  If it is not the first one then you do not have a data connection on your phone which would not allow the emails to come through and apps would fail.
Another way to activate your phone to BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is to go to option>advanced options>enterprise activation.  There you will enter your email address for work and the passw... See more...
Another way to activate your phone to BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is to go to option>advanced options>enterprise activation.  There you will enter your email address for work and the password your company gave you.  It will take some time for the full activation to finish.  On average I have seen around 30-60 minutes depending on the number of contacts, etc, on the phone.
What are the specific issues with this?  Any errors, etc?  That might help a little more in figuring out what is going on.
Have you tried to hide the icon?  Verizon is pushing this out now and you may not be able to delete the icon directly.
Are you sure the phone just cannot see the SD card?  To verify, put the card into a computer to see if there are any files on the card.  If so, then you will either have to wait until the new OS ... See more...
Are you sure the phone just cannot see the SD card?  To verify, put the card into a computer to see if there are any files on the card.  If so, then you will either have to wait until the new OS comes out with fixes or downgrade to the older OS.
The missing icon is a feature change with the new OS.  If you want to go back to the older version of the OS, follow these directions.  http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-your-blackberrys-operat... See more...
The missing icon is a feature change with the new OS.  If you want to go back to the older version of the OS, follow these directions.  http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-your-blackberrys-operating-system  
I wasn't aware that he was out of the country.  Now I am curious however since he has a Canada plan if the PRL update will work when he is back in the states.  Is the PRL update appropriate for w... See more...
I wasn't aware that he was out of the country.  Now I am curious however since he has a Canada plan if the PRL update will work when he is back in the states.  Is the PRL update appropriate for where you are or for where you have your phone plan i.e. Canada?
Which Curve do you have the 8330 or the 8530?
Very weird situation.  I wouldn't want anything to happen to your relationship with your girlfriend so you might want to look at downgrading back to the older OS.  Here are some directions on how... See more...
Very weird situation.  I wouldn't want anything to happen to your relationship with your girlfriend so you might want to look at downgrading back to the older OS.  Here are some directions on how to do this.  http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-your-blackberrys-operating-system  thanks to StreetDocRN on this link.
It is seeming like when you do the upgrade, or any upgrade for that matter, users should always backup first.  Then after the install, run through the phone setup to verify all settings have stay... See more...
It is seeming like when you do the upgrade, or any upgrade for that matter, users should always backup first.  Then after the install, run through the phone setup to verify all settings have stayed and then do a *228 option 2 just to make sure the PRL is up to date.  This might solve some problems people are reporting.
You are welcome and glad to hear.  If you liked them you could always give us some kudos or even a best answer
Without seeing your phone, I would recommend looking closer at the sms messages.  The newer OS combines the messages in that instead of having a list of all the sent and received text messages, t... See more...
Without seeing your phone, I would recommend looking closer at the sms messages.  The newer OS combines the messages in that instead of having a list of all the sent and received text messages, they are now in a waterfall style.  You may only see a couple messages but they are grouped all together by recipient/sender.  Click on one of the messages and it will open a new screen and you should see the whole history of the conversation.   Email messages should now be in a new folder.  To determine which one, send an email to yourself and wait for the new email notification to identify the email folder.  They have seperated out the email and sms/mms messages. 
Why are you having to reset the phone twice a day?  What is happening to it?
Can you please give more of an idea on what you mean?  Is it a word doc in an email, saved on the phone, accessed through a shared connection,...?
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Yahoo and Verizon ended their relationship not too long ago.