Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 12.1K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jnestell's Posts

So do think if you had a 3G modem next to the window, then the signal would be stronger?  I ask this because if so, the Mifi might work then.  Since it is also a wifi router you could just leave ... See more...
So do think if you had a 3G modem next to the window, then the signal would be stronger?  I ask this because if so, the Mifi might work then.  Since it is also a wifi router you could just leave the Mifi on the window sill and still be able to pick up the connection while sitting on your couch.  Obviously the **bleep**her you are from a window, etc, the weaker the signal strength will be.    The verizon Mifi will allow up to 5 devices to connect at one time as long as it is not tethered to a device.  Also if you have doubts about the Mifi, just get it and test out how the signal strength is.
Actually the Palm Pre behaves similarly to the Mifi in that it is a mobile hotspot as well and does not have to be tethered to the computer.  So the salesperson was correct in this.   As for th... See more...
Actually the Palm Pre behaves similarly to the Mifi in that it is a mobile hotspot as well and does not have to be tethered to the computer.  So the salesperson was correct in this.   As for the iPad, that is still a AT&T only product and cannot be used with a Verizon data plan/package.
So your PC is not slow, it is the download speed that is slow.  Have you updated your phone for the OS and also have you dialed *228 option 2 to update your PRL?  These two things could help incr... See more...
So your PC is not slow, it is the download speed that is slow.  Have you updated your phone for the OS and also have you dialed *228 option 2 to update your PRL?  These two things could help increase the speed but the real question is the actual signal strength of the phone.  You should get anywhere from .4ish to 1.5 MB/s connection speed.
In your address book, click on the Menu button and select Options.  I would look at all the contacts that are there i.e. Desktop, etc and see if you can delete the gmail list and/or set the desir... See more...
In your address book, click on the Menu button and select Options.  I would look at all the contacts that are there i.e. Desktop, etc and see if you can delete the gmail list and/or set the desired list as default.  Also you might need to go to your service books and delete the gmail address book service book.
Try just downloading the firmware file itself.  Run it and it puts the software in the correct location on your computer and then hook the mifi to your computer directly and launch VZaccess to do... See more...
Try just downloading the firmware file itself.  Run it and it puts the software in the correct location on your computer and then hook the mifi to your computer directly and launch VZaccess to do the update.   http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-MiFi-Devices/Mifi-2200-Firmware-update-not-available/td-p/167026
I agree about the 3gstore reference since I have seen the same product reference in multiple posts.    As for the blocked ports, I totall agree.  A couple ideas here is to try to use the websit... See more...
I agree about the 3gstore reference since I have seen the same product reference in multiple posts.    As for the blocked ports, I totall agree.  A couple ideas here is to try to use the website for your mail instead of an email client like Outlook that is blocked.  As for the FTP, does your website host have a web based site manager where you can do the upload/download for your site so you do not have to use an FTP client?  They will not block https websites, just the smtp and ftp ports.   Another thought on the email side is you could find out the email server the campground uses and setup your client to use that for outgoing.  They usually block the outgoing email capability due to spamming issues, etc.  It could be mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com or something similar.
Well, on a side note, if you have a wifi capable smartphone you could use the wifi from the Mifi.  However, I agree with the other posters in that there was a misunderstanding about the data plan... See more...
Well, on a side note, if you have a wifi capable smartphone you could use the wifi from the Mifi.  However, I agree with the other posters in that there was a misunderstanding about the data plans.
If you hook your phone back up to your computer and open the files on the phone in folder view, you can mass delete all the pictures from there by selecting them and deleting them.  Do not delete... See more...
If you hook your phone back up to your computer and open the files on the phone in folder view, you can mass delete all the pictures from there by selecting them and deleting them.  Do not delete the Pictures folder itself, just the pictures themselves.
I don't have a direct link for you to the gmail app but if you go to m.gmail.com on your phone and then right at the top is a link that says "Get Faster Gmail" and it takes you to the app downloa... See more...
I don't have a direct link for you to the gmail app but if you go to m.gmail.com on your phone and then right at the top is a link that says "Get Faster Gmail" and it takes you to the app download.  That should take care of it for you.
Try registering the phone again by dialing *228 option 2.  Also you might have to go into your BIS account and send the service books again.  Is this a new phone?  It sounds like it might not hav... See more...
Try registering the phone again by dialing *228 option 2.  Also you might have to go into your BIS account and send the service books again.  Is this a new phone?  It sounds like it might not have fully set itself up.
Try the Gmail App for the BB.  I like this a lot better than just setting up the email through BIS for the phone.  You gain functionality of Gmail in this app.
Do you have the latest Desktop Manager Software?  I would check that first.
The limit is 160 characters and there is no way to modify the limit and it will not wrap a long text into multiple text messages.  If you really need to get around this you can send an email to t... See more...
The limit is 160 characters and there is no way to modify the limit and it will not wrap a long text into multiple text messages.  If you really need to get around this you can send an email to the phone that will come in as a text.  For example to a verizon customer you can send the email to 5551234567@vtext.com.
Doing a backup with Desktop manager will save the text messages when you restore it to a new phone.  You can do this under the device switch option.
Out of curiosity, what data connection do you/did you have?  Is it 1EVX or 1evx or 1x?  If it is not 1EVX then you do not have the data connection to get emails, etc to your phone.  Doing the bat... See more...
Out of curiosity, what data connection do you/did you have?  Is it 1EVX or 1evx or 1x?  If it is not 1EVX then you do not have the data connection to get emails, etc to your phone.  Doing the battery pull that Doc mentioned works but sometimes if you turn off your radio connection and then turn it back on will work as well and you do not have to wait for the boot up.
One thing that is somewhat concerning about the virus/spyware issue currently is that in the last quarter, 89% of these issues were delivered either by adobe or java exploits.  In the Blackberry ... See more...
One thing that is somewhat concerning about the virus/spyware issue currently is that in the last quarter, 89% of these issues were delivered either by adobe or java exploits.  In the Blackberry world, the java part of the last sentence is what is scary.  Since Blackberries are java based, there is more potential for the infections in the future.    Now blackberries are not the only possible device to be infected.  It was somewhat wide known that the first generation iPhone could be taken complete control over if it was in the same wireless range as a computer that could attack it!  Pretty scary.  There are lots of main stream anti-virus products out there that are now also focusing on smart phone protection but I personally do not know of anyone that uses it yet.   So really the question is, when do people seriously look at getting AV for their phone?  Soon or too late.
I had the 8330 "old Curve" for awhile and really liked the keyboard, not the trackball.  When I switched to the Curve II 8530, I liked the new track pad but the keys seemed stiff and hard to type... See more...
I had the 8330 "old Curve" for awhile and really liked the keyboard, not the trackball.  When I switched to the Curve II 8530, I liked the new track pad but the keys seemed stiff and hard to type.  Being a guy, even I had issues with my nails hitting the keypad buttons and slipping off!  After about 2 weeks or so in the beginning, I apparently adjusted just fine to the new keypad and now I do not have any issues typing and do not even think about the differences.  I guess it was just a learning "Curve".  I know, pretty lame joke. 
I just read about Loopt and have heard good things about it.  I have not tried it yet however.
The security key for the Mifi is not WEP but it is WPA.  WEP I believe uses either 6 or 13 digit length password and the WPA will use the 11 digit password.  See if you can change the type of con... See more...
The security key for the Mifi is not WEP but it is WPA.  WEP I believe uses either 6 or 13 digit length password and the WPA will use the 11 digit password.  See if you can change the type of connection and then enter the code.  If you cannot, you might have an old enough computer that does not support WEP.  If so, then you would want to look for driver updates for your wireless hardware/software.
Are you looking to see where the other person is at?  If so, you have a couple options.  You can use your blackberry maps with the gps turned on and send the other person your location through BB... See more...
Are you looking to see where the other person is at?  If so, you have a couple options.  You can use your blackberry maps with the gps turned on and send the other person your location through BBM.  Also, there is a new feature from Google through their apps called latitude that you could sign up and install google maps on your BB and you can share location their.  As a warning, Google maps uses cell tower triangulation by default instead of GPS and is sometimes off on location.