Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,016 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

bthrift's Posts

My family and I switched from AT&T to Verizon Wireless on April 25, 2019 during a promotion that Verizon was offering. We could bring our own device and get a rebate of $250.00 per line. I was bringi... See more...
My family and I switched from AT&T to Verizon Wireless on April 25, 2019 during a promotion that Verizon was offering. We could bring our own device and get a rebate of $250.00 per line. I was bringing over 4 lines, totaling $1000.00 in rebates which were to be paid with Mastercards. The only stipulation to this promotion was that it had to be done online. I started the process myself and due to an issue with Verizon's website, I had to call into customer service. I explained what happened and was transferred to a man named Ken. He told me that he could take over the process for me and after I asked him several times if this would affect the rebates, he assured me that it would not. He even gave me his cell phone number so that I could text if we had any issues. We followed through the rebate process and received confimation emails and tracking numbers. It stated that the rebates would be confimed and processeed by June 15. It was June 12th when I received an email from Verizon stating that the rebates were invalid. I called Verizon again and was transferred to Nikeisha Gamble. She stated that the rebate center at Verizon would not honor the rebate due to me not completing everything online. That's when I explained to her what all happened when I tried to do this myself on the Verizon website and told her that I called in to ask a question and Ken took over and assured me that I would still receive the rebates that were promised. She assured me that I would receive the rebates or a credit to my Verizon account. She asked me to follow up on June 25th, which I did, and she never responded until the next day, June 26th, when she told me that she would get back to me within the hour. I am still waiting on her to get back with me. On June 29th, I called Verizon again, speaking to James Peckham. I was assured that we would receive credit to our account of $1000.00 since we did not receive the Mastercard rebates. I actually received a text message confirming this. James told me that we would receive credit to our account within 24-58 hours. James said that he would follow up wih me the following Monday, July 1st, which he did not. We never received credit, so I emailed James on Monday as well as texted Nikeisha Gamble, no response. I chatted with a Verizon representative named, Kelly, on July 2nd. At that time, I received a reference number for the credit to our account. This is July 5th and we still have not received credit to our account nor have we had an response from Verizon.