Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,126 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Monkfishy's Posts

I have found a solution, at least for my problem. I don't know if this is available on the LG enV2, but the Samsung Omnia has an application called Shozu that will let you post a picture to the w... See more...
I have found a solution, at least for my problem. I don't know if this is available on the LG enV2, but the Samsung Omnia has an application called Shozu that will let you post a picture to the web without the Verizon ad, or send it to an eMail address. You can also set up cc: addresses in Shozu so that you can send an image to multiple locations while only being charged for one text message. You can't set up phone numbers, but you could use a person's text eMail address (e.g., 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com). I think most carriers have this kind of address where you can send text messages via eMail. I hope this helps.   BTW, I've also noticed that the phone sends all MMS messages through broadband or Wi-Fi, instead of the regular text messaging.
This is the same problem I started a thread about yesterday. I called Verizon customer service and talked to several tech support people. They say that they cannot remove the ad. Their only sugge... See more...
This is the same problem I started a thread about yesterday. I called Verizon customer service and talked to several tech support people. They say that they cannot remove the ad. Their only suggestion was for me to send the MMS message to my own eMail, then open up the eMail on the phone, remove the ad, and forward the eMail on to wherever I want to post it. I haven't tried that, so I don't know if it will work.   I did ask them to enter a complaint, suggestion, whatever, that the ad is a huge annoyance, and that it makes MMS messaging virtually useless. I got this phone to take on vacation with me so that I don't have to carry a laptop all over Alaska, and so that I can post pictures to my friends & social networking sites. This really screws up that plan.   A friend just told me that there might be a Facebook app for Windows Mobile. I'll look into that, too.    
I am a previous Alltel customer, and just bought my first smartphone (Samsung Omnia) through Verizon. With my old phone on Alltel, I was able to send a message with a picture (MMS) to yFrog or Tw... See more...
I am a previous Alltel customer, and just bought my first smartphone (Samsung Omnia) through Verizon. With my old phone on Alltel, I was able to send a message with a picture (MMS) to yFrog or TwitPic, and it would post to Twitter. Now, however, all of my MMS messages contain a huge ad from Verizon, that wipes out the message that I sent. That ad is what gets posted to Twitter - not my message, or my photo. The Verizon ad alone exceeds the 140 character limit.   Does anyone know how I can turn this MMS ad message off?  It basically renders the MMS messaging useless.