Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,757 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Amdowell87's Posts

I’ve turned my phone off then on, I’ve toggled airplane mode, I’ve reset my phone completely, I’ve removed and reinserted my SIM card. I took my phone to Verizon to return it. They showed me that if ... See more...
I’ve turned my phone off then on, I’ve toggled airplane mode, I’ve reset my phone completely, I’ve removed and reinserted my SIM card. I took my phone to Verizon to return it. They showed me that if you go to the Roaming Menu and select “Data Only” instead of “Voice and Data” the issue is resolved. However, updating to iOS 12.3 was supposed to fix this. It did not. I’ve been experiencing the issue every day when I turn “Voice and Data” back on. Any other troubleshooting steps you recommend?
Update: I updated to iOS 12.3 and still have the call failure issues. In the description of the update, it mentioned call failure issues with WiFi calling, but nothing specifically for the issues we’... See more...
Update: I updated to iOS 12.3 and still have the call failure issues. In the description of the update, it mentioned call failure issues with WiFi calling, but nothing specifically for the issues we’re all experiencing, which is disappointing and honestly pretty upsetting. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ZIP CODES, ETC. IT IS AN ISSUE THAT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IS AFFECTED BY HAVING “VOICE AND DATA” SELECTED IN THE “ROAMING” SETTINGS MENU. WHEN YOU SELECT “DATA ONLY” ON THIS MENU, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BECAUSE YOU NO LONGER ARE ABLE TO ACCESS INTERNET WHILE NOT ON WIFI DURING A CALL.
So, it appears that there is a fix, but it disables your ability to be online in any capacity during a call. If you go to Settings, then to Cellular, then click on Roaming, it will bring up a screen... See more...
So, it appears that there is a fix, but it disables your ability to be online in any capacity during a call. If you go to Settings, then to Cellular, then click on Roaming, it will bring up a screen that prompts for “No LTE, LTE on Voice and Data, or Data Only LTE.” If you switch to Data Only LTE and reset your phone, the call failures should stop. This worked for me, HOWEVER, my biggest reason for switching from Sprint was to be able to access the internet during voice calls. I spent a lot of money to switch and I’m pretty tired of hearing how everyone understands and whatever. It’s just time to roll out an update to fix it.
No new apps, phone was updated when I got it (April 6, 2019). No specific numbers are affected more or less often—it happens with my fiancée or with my bank. Landline or cellular. Unfortunately, if t... See more...
No new apps, phone was updated when I got it (April 6, 2019). No specific numbers are affected more or less often—it happens with my fiancée or with my bank. Landline or cellular. Unfortunately, if there isn’t a solution, I’ll be returning my phone by Friday. I switched from sprint to Verizon because I wanted better coverage and dependability and, at the moment, it’s seeming like a waste of my time and money.
48504, 48457, 48603, 48327...   Home, both of our workplaces, etc. Service maps indicate excellent service. So I don’t see a pattern.
Just switched to Verizon from Sprint at the beginning of this month. We have 2 iPhone XR phones and experience the call dropping issue. I contacted Verizon support and I’ve reset our phones, removed ... See more...
Just switched to Verizon from Sprint at the beginning of this month. We have 2 iPhone XR phones and experience the call dropping issue. I contacted Verizon support and I’ve reset our phones, removed and replaced the SIM cards, etc etc. As others have experienced, it seems sporadic without a clear cause or pattern. We did not experience this with our iPhone 8 phones with Sprint. We would like to remain Verizon customers, but I’m not happy with this inconvenience. Has there been any other update on a fix for this? I’m fed up having to power off and on my phone constantly just to be able to use it.