Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,109 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

brigetterad's Posts

My husband's Galaxy S8 won't show messages as read after recipient reads the message. They are showing when they are sent, delivered, and typing but never saying read.  My Galaxy Note 8 shows it, bu... See more...
 My husband's Galaxy S8 won't show messages as read after recipient reads the message. They are showing when they are sent, delivered, and typing but never saying read.  My Galaxy Note 8 shows it, but his S8 does not.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
I read through to the bottom and the update was "updated" on Jan 29. So I figure that's why i didn't see it until today.  I knew I had checked for updates when all of this was going on and though... See more...
I read through to the bottom and the update was "updated" on Jan 29. So I figure that's why i didn't see it until today.  I knew I had checked for updates when all of this was going on and thought it odd that i didn't see the update for Jan 1.  Hmm.  Maybe the patch wasn't available to me until Jan 29?  What would be nice is if Verizon would notify a phone when there is an update for a patch available. Sure would save time and grief.  However... still won't know if this patch fixes my situation for a while. I went two weeks without a shutdown last time.  Also, while i'm here,  I get a notification, from Samsung I think, telling me that i haven't restarted my phone in 7 days. I get this weekly. Is that normal? @JuanD_VZW
I just checked and apparently Verizon has a system update for my phone.. from 1/1/18. I had no clue it was even there until i checked.  It's a security update and should have patches to fix scree... See more...
I just checked and apparently Verizon has a system update for my phone.. from 1/1/18. I had no clue it was even there until i checked.  It's a security update and should have patches to fix screen freezes and a few others. It didn't say anything about a fix for the phone shutting down by itself.. but maybe it will help.  Can't believe how difficult it is to get an answer on why this is shutting down. 
That lasted about 2 weeks and here I am again...  jacked up phone.   No damage at all to my phone.  I only download apps from the Google play Store...   No clue why it keeps doing this.  I'm even... See more...
That lasted about 2 weeks and here I am again...  jacked up phone.   No damage at all to my phone.  I only download apps from the Google play Store...   No clue why it keeps doing this.  I'm even closing all the windows several times a day.  Is this a known issue with this phone? Maybe Samsung has a patch for it that I need to know about?  It shut down yesterday during the day and then last night while i was asleep. 
It worked for a few weeks and then shut down in the middle of the day yesterday and then again last night while i was sleeping. Luckily I woke up before the alarm was to go off or I would have ov... See more...
It worked for a few weeks and then shut down in the middle of the day yesterday and then again last night while i was sleeping. Luckily I woke up before the alarm was to go off or I would have overslept.
I've been researching and I think i'm going to wipe the cache partition.  See if that does it.  Supposedly it gets rid of the "black screen of death" and other issues.  I read that we should b... See more...
I've been researching and I think i'm going to wipe the cache partition.  See if that does it.  Supposedly it gets rid of the "black screen of death" and other issues.  I read that we should be doing this after any updates and that it would not wipe out the apps or data..  just the unneeded junk.  I'm finding that this is happening to a lot of Note 8 phones.  Shame Samsung can't get it right.
Sorry... i do know how to spell.    On it's own!
My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 keeps shutting down on it's own and has been doing it for a few months, at least. I have to hold down two buttons outside the phone for 10 seconds to get it to power back... See more...
My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 keeps shutting down on it's own and has been doing it for a few months, at least. I have to hold down two buttons outside the phone for 10 seconds to get it to power back up. Anyone else with this issue? Do I have a bad phone or what? I woke up this morning and it had shut down again while I was sleeping.  Also, I was talking on the phone a few days ago and the screen went black. I couldn't get it back on and I couldn't turn it off or on. I had my husband call it and all he got was ringing.. which I didn't hear.   Help!
Lol!!  Y'all are cracking me up! 
Never mind. I compared them side by side and I don't think the Stylo 2 comes close to the Note 3.  So maybe I should bite the bullet and go for the V20.  If the S7 Edge had a 5.7" screen.. the... See more...
Never mind. I compared them side by side and I don't think the Stylo 2 comes close to the Note 3.  So maybe I should bite the bullet and go for the V20.  If the S7 Edge had a 5.7" screen.. then I may have gone for that.  (Insert another sigh)
TamaraH ,   What do you mean by entry level?  Is it better than the Note 3 or Note 5, at least?  The Note 7 screen was beautiful! Does this Stylo offer a clear, beautiful, vibrant screen like... See more...
TamaraH ,   What do you mean by entry level?  Is it better than the Note 3 or Note 5, at least?  The Note 7 screen was beautiful! Does this Stylo offer a clear, beautiful, vibrant screen like the Note 7?  How about the pictures?  I am so impressed with the pictures taken with my Note 7, compared to pics taken with my Note 3.
Is it anywhere close to Note 7 (doubtful)? Anywhere close to the Note 3 or Note 5? Just curious on your thoughts.  I was looking at the LG V20 and then saw this Stylo 2.  I went from the Note 3 t... See more...
Is it anywhere close to Note 7 (doubtful)? Anywhere close to the Note 3 or Note 5? Just curious on your thoughts.  I was looking at the LG V20 and then saw this Stylo 2.  I went from the Note 3 to the Note 7. Would I be better off to keep using my Note 3?  If that's the case, then I will probably go with the LG V20. My Note 3 has seen better days. I will sure miss the stylus though.   I SO fell in love with the Note 7. I don't even want to go back to the Note 3 because there is such a difference in clarity (to me).  Sigh. what to do.. what to do....   
Do we need to request these boxes or are you sending them out to everyone who has the Note 7? 
Well,  I wanted something new and to just have until something better came out in about a year.  BUT.. i just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who told me that the annual upgrade for Samsung ... See more...
Well,  I wanted something new and to just have until something better came out in about a year.  BUT.. i just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who told me that the annual upgrade for Samsung is not available. Get the 7 Edge and be stuck with it for 2 years.  No thanks.   They are definitely supposed to get the LG V20, the Rep said, but he did not have a release date yet.  So..  I will hold on to my Note 7 until then.  (I think)   
I just checked and this is what I got from your link: Purchased and activated an eligible Samsung device on a Verizon Wireless device payment agreement. All versions of the Note7 have been r... See more...
I just checked and this is what I got from your link: Purchased and activated an eligible Samsung device on a Verizon Wireless device payment agreement. All versions of the Note7 have been recalled. Please power off your device and read our FAQs for the latest recall and return information. Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge purchased on a device payment agreement on or before 9/10/2016 Do you not get an annual upgrade with it is now past 9/10/2016?    I would consider the 7Edge if i knew i could get out of it in 12 months.  I'm not about to pay $800 plus taxes for an older phone over the next two years.   If they can't come up with anything better than the currents offers...i'm just going back to my Note 3 until the LGv20 appears. 
Interesting.  I was actually wondering about that.
I chatted with Verizon and was told that when i go in tomorrow to exchange the phone, let the Rep know that I want the credit and NOT an accessory. Should not be a problem.  (fingers crossed)
I never got the text about the credit. 😕  I definitely want the bill credit.  
I searched for any comments concerning what all needs to be turned in to Verizon, but didn't see anything.  Are we returning everything including the box (charging cable, the two usb connectors... See more...
I searched for any comments concerning what all needs to be turned in to Verizon, but didn't see anything.  Are we returning everything including the box (charging cable, the two usb connectors, earbuds) or are we returning the phone only?  I would hate to give up everything to later find out that I should have kept everything but the phone (I will be taking the loaner and waiting for the new N7).  Also,  I assume I should factory reset my phone before handing it over?  I've already Smartswitched my info to my PC.    Thanks.
Thanks!   I was using another message app but switched to Messages+ and found it.  Thanks so much for your help!