It appears you did not read my linked post. I do not need to import contacts in Verizon Cloud because they synced perfectly from my Verizon Note 9 to the Cloud (via the Cloud app on the Note 9). I ca... See more...
It appears you did not read my linked post. I do not need to import contacts in Verizon Cloud because they synced perfectly from my Verizon Note 9 to the Cloud (via the Cloud app on the Note 9). I can see all of my contacts in the Verizon Cloud Contacts page on verizonwireless.com. As I stated the problem is with the Windows Verizon Messages application, which does not appear able to sync with the Cloud to receive my Contacts. (and yes, the problem persists even now, several days past the time when I initially synced my contacts to Verizon Cloud and then uninstalled and reinstalled Verizon Messages app on Windows.) Please, in your next response, dear VZW customer service person, acknowledge that you understand what the problem is. (Read the last paragraph again.) I and many others on these forums would like either some resolution to this problem, or acknowledgement that it will not be fixed. At least then we can stop wasting our time unnecessarily.
My wife is a good example. Her contact is stored in Google Contacts and her number is 11 digits, including the prefix 1. I barely see how this is relevant, however. WHen I look at my contacts in Wind... See more...
My wife is a good example. Her contact is stored in Google Contacts and her number is 11 digits, including the prefix 1. I barely see how this is relevant, however. WHen I look at my contacts in Windows Messages app (yes, it does sometimes show some contacts, but not all, about 16 out of the several hundred that are synced to the cloud), I see some contacts with the 11 digit format and some that are 10.
The problem that I reported has always existed since I became a Verizon customer 6 or so months ago. I installed Messages windows app and although it was able to send and receive messages, I've never... See more...
The problem that I reported has always existed since I became a Verizon customer 6 or so months ago. I installed Messages windows app and although it was able to send and receive messages, I've never seen anything but phone numbers in there instead of names. I didn't sign up for Cloud and sync my contacts until a couple hours ago, as I reported earlier. The contacts appear in the Verizon Messages on the web, but Windows Messages app still doesn't see contacts. :-( I have not made any recent changes to what services I use to sync my contacts recently. I have been using google contacts as the primary contact database for years with no problems. Can you please offer some help?
After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please adv... See more...
After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please advise.
After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please adv... See more...
After signing up for Cloud, syncing my contacts to Cloud successfully from my Note 9, and reinstalling Verizon Messages app on Windows 10, I still see numbers only and no names in the app. Please advise.
I just reported another instance of I think the same problem   here. I have not yet tried to reinstall the app. I will do so and report back.
I just reported another instance of I think the same problem here. I have not yet tried to reinstall the app using the instructions linked to here. I will do so and report back.
I: ran the preinstalled Verizon Cloud app on my Note 9 in Cloud setup, selected only Contacts immediately got a "welcome to your free 30 days of vzw cloud with 500GB storage" looked throughout t... See more...
I: ran the preinstalled Verizon Cloud app on my Note 9 in Cloud setup, selected only Contacts immediately got a "welcome to your free 30 days of vzw cloud with 500GB storage" looked throughout the settings on the Verizon Cloud app and could not find a setting to change the subscription to this "Free Contacts-only Option" as outlined in section 2. of the the FAQ. After waiting for the Contacts to sync and the cloud icon to go Green, I then logged back into Verizon Messages, clicked "Manage Contacts" which took me to my new Verizon Cloud page. On the Verizon Cloud "Contacts" tab, I now see all my contacts. OK, big deal. They still don't appear in the Windows 10 Messages app. So, two questions: Please advise how to I ensure I will not be charged for Cloud since all I want is the "Free Contacts-only Option" as outlined in section 2. of the the FAQ? What do I need to do now to get these contacts to be reflected in the Windows 10 Verizon Messages app?  
I will start my own thread on this since none of the others appear to be getting much traction...  I am using Verizon Messages app on Windows 10. My contacts do not appear in the app's "Contacts" ta... See more...
I will start my own thread on this since none of the others appear to be getting much traction...  I am using Verizon Messages app on Windows 10. My contacts do not appear in the app's "Contacts" tab, and the from field in all my messages in the app are numbers, not contact names. How do I get the Verizon Messages app on Windows 10 to import my contacts?  FWIW I use a Verizon Note 9, and therein the Message+ app correctly displays my contact names. The problem is with the Windows Messages app, as well as on the Verizon Messages web portal (it shows numbers, not names). From the web portal, when I click on Manage Contacts it takes me to Verizon Cloud. Please do not ask me to upload them to the Verizon Cloud as a solution, unless you can suggest a free (as in $) way to do so.  EDIT: I see now there is a free contacts-only option for Verizon Cloud. I will try this and report back whether uploading my contacts to the VC solves this problem for me. (Even though it apparently did not for so many others..)