Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,551 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

SoccerRef12's Posts

The backup function can be found in Settings - System - Backup. You'll notice that if it's turned on, it will basically backup everything... SMS, phone calls, everything.
My guess is that it's a corrupt app on your devices. Go into your Google account and ensure your all you photos, apps with data, etc are backed up to to Google Drive. Go into settings and sear... See more...
My guess is that it's a corrupt app on your devices. Go into your Google account and ensure your all you photos, apps with data, etc are backed up to to Google Drive. Go into settings and search Backup. The only result I get is Backup settings Choose that and ensure backup is turned on.  Tell it to backup now (may take awhile) and then you can do a factory data reset. After the factory data reset, Google will ask you to restore apps & data, choose yes; take a nap, because it takes a while to restore all you data. You will need to set up your home screen, log into most of your apps, but all your photos & app data should be there. I've had to do this once or twice on a couple of my Android devices over the years. Goog Luck!
I have two thoughts on this as I've been following it since the beginning. 1. Is there a way to test the battery to eliminate a hardware issue? (I realize that this is unlikely due to the extrem... See more...
I have two thoughts on this as I've been following it since the beginning. 1. Is there a way to test the battery to eliminate a hardware issue? (I realize that this is unlikely due to the extreme drain happening only after the Oreo update) 2. Is there a way to reinstall the Oreo update? Not just a factory reset which everyone has already done. I have to believe that something went wrong with the original Oreo install since this happened to only a subset of the owners (I did not have the extreme battery drain myself after the Oreo update). Has anyone tried to install Oreo again using ADB or some other utility? Edit: I found this article. Can some try this to see if it fixes the issue? https://www.thecustomdroid.com/install-moto-z-android-oreo-update-ota/
If this is already addressed somewhere, I apologize and just point me in the right direction. I did a search and did not find it. On my old Moto Z it was easy to clear the cache partition in reco... See more...
If this is already addressed somewhere, I apologize and just point me in the right direction. I did a search and did not find it. On my old Moto Z it was easy to clear the cache partition in recovery, but when I tried to do that on my new Moto Z3, the option was not listed????? How to you clear the cache partition on the Moto Z3.
I have added my corporate Microsoft exchange email without any issues. My Moto Z did not ask for a certificate. Sounds like a server issue?
Where were your pictures stored? On device storage or SD card?
Try a factory reset and see if that fixes it.
Go into Setting ans search for 'Block', there are multiple ways you can block calls, messages, video calls, etc.
You probably need to freeze/disable BackUp Assistant when you get your device back up and running. BUA sucks. Use Google to back up everything. As far as turning on your device, try holding down ... See more...
You probably need to freeze/disable BackUp Assistant when you get your device back up and running. BUA sucks. Use Google to back up everything. As far as turning on your device, try holding down all three buttons, Power Vol + and - for about 15 seconds. That should start up your phone.
You might be able to go into Settings/Accounts press Google and tell it to remove the account. Reboot your device and try adding the Google account back. You shouldn't lose anything since it will... See more...
You might be able to go into Settings/Accounts press Google and tell it to remove the account. Reboot your device and try adding the Google account back. You shouldn't lose anything since it will be downloaded from Google after you re-establish the account.
You need to have data on to receive MMS. I imagine you're not getting the multi-media part of the message because data is off.
If you can get back into the recovery screen you could try installing the Stock ROM again. If it's not on your SD card, you can Google it and download it. This should get you back to square one. ... See more...
If you can get back into the recovery screen you could try installing the Stock ROM again. If it's not on your SD card, you can Google it and download it. This should get you back to square one. Good Luck!
I assume the update you installed was a system OS upgrade. Many times user apps will not work on the update and should be downloaded again from the Play Store to work properly. Where do you store... See more...
I assume the update you installed was a system OS upgrade. Many times user apps will not work on the update and should be downloaded again from the Play Store to work properly. Where do you store your contacts? If you sync them with Google, then they are always available on any device. Sounds like your contacts are only on your device. A system update is like a factory reset in that it usually wipes everything in your system partition. Sounds like you need to sync your contacts in the cloud for the future. Sorry.
You could try booting into recovery and clearing cache and dalvik cache. If that doesn't work, you could try a factory reset (that usually fixes everything, lol). You will have to set up your pho... See more...
You could try booting into recovery and clearing cache and dalvik cache. If that doesn't work, you could try a factory reset (that usually fixes everything, lol). You will have to set up your phone again.
If you have a Google+ account you can automatically back up your photos/videos to your account. I think you get 15GB of storage. Well worth the price...FREE! You can then view your photos on any ... See more...
If you have a Google+ account you can automatically back up your photos/videos to your account. I think you get 15GB of storage. Well worth the price...FREE! You can then view your photos on any device, just log into G+. Delete the photos off you phone to free up storage space and they're still on G+.
Have you tried holding down the power & vol +/- keys simultaneously for about 15 seconds to force it to reboot? Or you could power it off, then turn it on and hold the power & vol - key to boot i... See more...
Have you tried holding down the power & vol +/- keys simultaneously for about 15 seconds to force it to reboot? Or you could power it off, then turn it on and hold the power & vol - key to boot into recovery. Added: Verizon Ellipsis 7 | Verizon Wireless
Have you tried rebooting? Might have to do a factory reset.
Try going into Settings/Apps/Bluetooth Share and clear cache & data. You will need to pair the device again, but it may fix it. Sounds like something is corrupt.
Have you tried to go into Settings/Apps/Maps and clearing cache and data (it will download data again from Google)?
Try holding the power button and both volume up and down buttons at the same time for about 20 seconds and it should reset. Good Luck!