Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,737 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

richie72846's Posts

I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else. Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In... See more...
I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else. Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In Blocked I scrolled all the way to the bottom, past many phone numbers she had blocked. When I got to the very end, the last item was not a phone number but  "my name" followed by "5s". I deleted it and all is well now. Richie72846
I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else. Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In... See more...
I found the problem just by luck. This is really strange, maybe it will make sense to you or someone else. Om my wife's phone I went to settings, messages and then scrolled down to Blocked. In Blocked I scrolled all the way to the bottom, past many phone numbers she had blocked. When I got to the very end, the last item was not a phone number but  "my name" followed by "5s". I deleted it and all is well now. Richie72846
Suddenly my wife is unable to receive my text messages. We both have an iPhone 5s. Neither of us made any changes to our phones. She can text me but I'm unable to text her. I have no problem text... See more...
Suddenly my wife is unable to receive my text messages. We both have an iPhone 5s. Neither of us made any changes to our phones. She can text me but I'm unable to text her. I have no problem texting other people. We share the same apple ID and always have. Richie
Suddenly my wife is unable to receive my text messages. We both have an iPhone 5s. Neither of us made any changes to our phones. She can text me but I'm unable to text her. I have no problem text... See more...
Suddenly my wife is unable to receive my text messages. We both have an iPhone 5s. Neither of us made any changes to our phones. She can text me but I'm unable to text her. I have no problem texting other people. We share the same apple ID and always have. Thanks Richie [removed] Last name removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
Dan, Thanks for the info. Never new that backup had to be encrypted in order to save mail accounts. Once you encrypt a backup, do all future backups have to be encrypted ? Richie
The app is "MiniKeePass", it holds all my user names and passwords securely. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer not just the app but the data base and all the passwords along with it. Ri... See more...
The app is "MiniKeePass", it holds all my user names and passwords securely. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer not just the app but the data base and all the passwords along with it. Richie
There was an update to iTunes recently and it did away with the iPhone apps. They no longer stored in iTunes. So how do I get my apps onto a new iPhone, especially the ones I paid for ? Richie
Can I install my iphone 5s backup on itunes onto a new iphone 8 ?  If so, is this the best way to do it ? Will it install all my settings, including email settings and all my apps ? Richie
Thanks, that fixed it. Also, for your info. I had to go into Settings>Phone>Calls on Other Devises and select OFF. Thanks richie
One Apple ID shared between us. I connect to iTunes on my computer using a usb cable.
So, the answer is, I will save $40 if I wait till Feb24,2016 to get a new 6s, correct ?
Data $50.00 Line Access Fees $90.00 Products & Apps $30.00 Estimated Total Monthly Cost $170.00 I'm on the More Everything Unlimited Talk & Text 3 GB I honestly don't kno... See more...
Data $50.00 Line Access Fees $90.00 Products & Apps $30.00 Estimated Total Monthly Cost $170.00 I'm on the More Everything Unlimited Talk & Text 3 GB I honestly don't know if I'm under a contract, just that I'm eligible for new every two on Feb 24, 2016. My plan covers 2 iPhone 5s and one iPad mini. I can't believe the number of different answers I get to what should be a simple question. The young girl at the Verizon store said it doesn't matter when I upgrade I still need to pay the full price for a new 6s phone. I asked her, then why does my account show that I'm eligble for an upgrade new every 2 on Feb. 24, 2016. She paused and said "I don't know".
It's the 16gb model and it says now it would be $27.08 a month for 24 mos. So if I wait till my upgrade eligible date of 24 Feb. 2016 how much less would it be a month ?
I just checked on the Verizon web site and it shows my upgrade date is Feb 24, 2016. If I wait till then to upgrade my iPhone 5s to a 6s how much will I save rather than upgrading now at full pri... See more...
I just checked on the Verizon web site and it shows my upgrade date is Feb 24, 2016. If I wait till then to upgrade my iPhone 5s to a 6s how much will I save rather than upgrading now at full price ?
I just updated my 5s and my wife's 5s. Thought the update went OK until my phone rang and hers rang from the same caller. Also, I am now receiving all of her text messages. Is there a way to fix ... See more...
I just updated my 5s and my wife's 5s. Thought the update went OK until my phone rang and hers rang from the same caller. Also, I am now receiving all of her text messages. Is there a way to fix this ?
I have my 5s backed up on my computer using iTunes. If I upgrade to a 6s phone will I be able to transfer my 5s backup from iTunes on my computer to a new 6s phone? My initial thought is that the... See more...
I have my 5s backed up on my computer using iTunes. If I upgrade to a 6s phone will I be able to transfer my 5s backup from iTunes on my computer to a new 6s phone? My initial thought is that the backup on iTunes will only backup to the exact same phone, i.e. my 5s. Am I correct ? If so how would I transfer all my information from the old 5s to a new 6s, such as contacts, apps, settings, etc. ?
I still have IOS 7.0 on my 2 iphones and ipad and I'll just stay with it until 9.0 has all the bugs worked out.Thanks for the response.
Has anyone upgraded to the supposedly fix to 9.0 and did 9.0.1 fix all the problems ?
Just saw on the news that thousands of iPhone owners that installed ios9 are having all sorts of problems. If you update and do have a problem can you restore your phone to the previous version t... See more...
Just saw on the news that thousands of iPhone owners that installed ios9 are having all sorts of problems. If you update and do have a problem can you restore your phone to the previous version that was working? In my case IOS 7. And yes I do have my phone backed up on iTunes.
At the end of the day it would usually show about 50%, but now it shows about 30%. I was told a factory reset would wipe out all my apps, settings and contacts, so no I have not done a factory re... See more...
At the end of the day it would usually show about 50%, but now it shows about 30%. I was told a factory reset would wipe out all my apps, settings and contacts, so no I have not done a factory reset.