Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,413 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

tb48's Posts

My situation is concerning two (2) issues with Verizon Wireless. 1) Return of a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone that was supposedly damaged and 2) A... See more...
                                                     My situation is concerning two (2) issues with Verizon Wireless. 1) Return of a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone that was supposedly damaged and 2) A bill with outrageous excessive fees. My recent experience with Verizon Wireless services has been frustrating and disheartening.   I’ve been a LOYAL customer with Verizon Wireless since July 31, 2001.  I have been a customer practically since the services came into existence.  There had been basically had no major issues with the services until the first of the year (2013). The problems began early to mid-February of this year, and escalated to the point that I had to leave the network all together.    After being a customer of Verizon Wireless for about 12 years, my services ended because there was not an amicable resolution in sight.  My service ended not by choice and I believe I was forced out of Verizon Wireless due to the issue not being resolved through customer service process.    I upgraded my phone when the new Samsung Galaxy S3 came out on the market.  After a few weeks, I began to experience poor batter life on my phone.  I reported this to customer service on several occasions. I spoke with several customer agents on different days regarding this issue.  The representatives that I dealt with were helpful with getting me a new battery, and eventually a new phone.  I received 2 new batteries by mail, and one new battery in the Verizon Wireless store.  Some of the customer service representatives went into my phone remotely on more than one occasion to help in preserving my battery life.  With all of these remedies, the phone would do well for a couple of days, a week or so, and then the same problem would reoccur.  Finally, I was sent a replacement (refurbished) Samsung Galaxy S3 in the mail, and a labeling slip to return the defected Galaxy S3. I returned the defected phone in the package that the replacement phone came in exactly the way instructed.  I placed the phone tightly under the plastic and taped the box up with Scott Packaging tape.  I went to the post office and shipped the package off.  I used the new phone for approximately one week, and a day when I began to go through the same issues with low battery life.  I was forced to carry my home charger everywhere I went in order to use phone.  I kept in constant communication with Verizon Wireless so that all my concerns would be documented in the system notes.  The final resolution was to get another device, so I was given the option of a Motorola Droid Razzr Maxx or a lower grade phone.  I opted for the option of the Motorola Droid Razzr Maxx.  When the new phone arrived, I followed the instructions, and sent the 2 nd Samsung Galaxy S3 phone back, firmly sliding the Galaxy S3 under the plastic, taping the box up, and taking it to the Post Office to be returned by mail. Several weeks later, I received an email from Verizon Wireless Customer Service saying that I was being charged with a “Damaged Device Fee” of $299.00 for the refurbished phone that was returned for mobile number ending in:  xxx9  Device ID:xxxxxxxxxxxx. <<ID # removed >> I was in total shock and disbelief!  I only had the phone for about a week and a day.  Along with the phone, there was an Outer box case from my previous S3 and screen protector which was purchased from Verizon Wireless.  I knew that this must be a mistake.  I shipped the phone in exactly the condition it was mailed to me. I called customer service, and spoke with several different representatives on different occasions.  I was finally sent pictures of the damaged phone along with the box that it arrived in.  From what I was looking at, that picture WAS NOT my device.  I returned a Titanium Blue phone with a screen protector on it.  The picture forwarded to me, didn’t look that way at all to me. Also, I know WITHOUT A DOUBT that the crack/scratch that was on the top of the phone was NOT done by me; therefore it is not my responsibility for paying for such damages. I shipped the packaged device firmly and as instructed. Also, there were NO scratches or cracks on the device prior to me putting it in the box. I DID NOT DAMAGE the device, and feel as though this concern should have been looked into further. I stand strongly by my answer. I was advised by Verizon Wireless customer service to contact Fed Ex.  After contacting them, I was informed that Verizon Wireless would need to file the claim. I went back & forth with VZW and Fed EX about this issue, and didn’t come to a resolve.  I gave the tracking number to a FedEx rep, and they referred me to the US Postal Service because there was a contract between them and Fed Ex and Verizon where the package could have been shipped from either place.  I called and tried to file a claim with them, and they couldn’t pull up that tracking number.  In the meantime, my services were interrupted due to full payment not being received.  I called the billing department to let them know that the $299 was in dispute therefore I only paid the normal monthly bill.  During this time, I contacted VZW again, and spoke with a rep who told me that if I would return the Droid Razzr Maxx, the “Damaged Device Fee” will be removed from my account.  Unfortunately I felt this would have been my last resort.  I decided that I would just do that and possibly use an old VZW phone that I had.  A few days later I contacted customer service to get an accurate address, and was told that returning the Droid Razzr Maxx was not an option!  At this point, I was highly frustrated!!  I’m really disappointed in the customer service.  I had been getting the “run around” about my phone and service with Verizon Wireless.  After a 7day extension, and no resolve in sight, my services were terminated.  I was unable to use my phone until the entire bill was paid. There is no reason for me to pay for damages and early termination fee.  Note:   This matter needs to be further investigated.  (1)  device was damaged by someone other than myself )2-there was no thorough investigation of what happened to the device and 3) misinformation and confusion amount customer service representatives 4) Unprofessional behavior displayed by a customer service rep.  “I was called a Liar”.  I have no reason to be dishonest. I’m a person of honor and integrity. After speaking with customer service representatives, managers, and dealing with all of the confusion, I was at a point where I feel had been violated, disrespected, and called a liar. Once again, I had been a loyal customer to Verizon Wireless for over 12 years but Verizon Wireless was not loyal to me.  I was devastated that I had been treated in such a horrible manner, and NO ONE could help the situation. My dedication to Verizon Wireless has now diminished. My current bill is $1,112.96 due to early termination fees, and it’s all behind $299 that was pinned to my account.  My plan was NEVER to leave Verizon Wireless, and I am saddened that it has come to this.  If you review the notes and correspondence between me and various VZW contacts, you will see that I was persistent in my concerns, and was willing to find a resolution, but was never given the option. I’m requesting these issues be reviewed and resolved by higher authorities, and consider dismissing my balance, or allow me to continue being an outstanding customer for 12 more years without all of the additional fees that I had nothing to do with. Do you think this is right?  Have you ever fell victim to this before? Disgruntled Loyal VZW Customer of 12 years Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Does anyone have issues with the battery life of the S3? tb48