Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,265 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

MagicMan's Posts

Did you try logging directly into webmail.verizon.com?   That is supposed to take you straight to your email in this new world. Try it with both userid/passwords to see if either gets you to your ... See more...
Did you try logging directly into webmail.verizon.com?   That is supposed to take you straight to your email in this new world. Try it with both userid/passwords to see if either gets you to your email.
Messages>Email Alternatively, try webmail.verizon.com
for grins & giggles - try going to webmail.verizon.com and see if it gets you straight to your inbox.
Have you checked out http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/SetUp/WiFi/124612.htm
If you rely on forums like this to determine your decisions, you'll never be satisfied.   Most of these forums are places for people to vent about the bad service they had or the problems they had.  ... See more...
If you rely on forums like this to determine your decisions, you'll never be satisfied.   Most of these forums are places for people to vent about the bad service they had or the problems they had.  I'd be willing to bet if you looked at the number of people on the forums, it is a small percentage of the total number of verizon customers, so you're getting the opinions of a vocal minority.  If that is what you want to base your opinions on....good luck. Right or wrong, they ask you for your phone number because most of their support systems are built around that.   Remember, they were doing phone business for more than 100 years and TV service for less than 10.  Should they update their systems to handle non-phone customers?   ABSOLUTELY! I'm happy with my verizon services...I can get to my account and pay my bills and have no problems with anything at the moment.  When I do, I go through the same frustrating service with reps but  I learn to realize the reps listen to people complain all day so I try to cut them some slack now. As for pricing....it's competitive and what the market will bear.  You have to remember that cablevision, verizon are resellers...they buy shows from Food network or HBO and resell them to us with some profit. I can't get FiOS TV service where I live so I'm stuck with cablevision.   They raise their rates every 6 months.  When the Food networks or recently ABC wanted to charge more for their services, Cablevision said no and Food network/ABC pulled their shows off the air so I had to go without service and not get any compensation from cablevision for loss of service because they didn't want to negotiate.   Customer Service - Cablevision isn't on my list of best support reps.  Customer service is tough.  THey have to figure out what is going on with your account/service/whatever, from their centralized location and diagnose your situation with a variety of PC's, operating system versions, browsers & browser version, TV types.  It's a thankless job and not one I would want. We all make decisions based on what is right for us:  Verizon/cablevision/cable providers/satellite providers for it's stockholders, we for our pocketbooks.  If you want to go through changing whenever someone raises their prices  or asks you for a phone number, have fun.  Me I choose to look at the bigger picture. Thanks for letting me vent.
Did you try entering your non-verizon telephone or cell phone number?  It might be a left-over question that isn't used for dry loop customers but the programmers weren't told to update the logic.
What's the difference between email & internet accounts?   When I log into verizon.net, I see a snapshot of my inbox and some other newsy things.  Is that what you mean by internet account? Whe... See more...
What's the difference between email & internet accounts?   When I log into verizon.net, I see a snapshot of my inbox and some other newsy things.  Is that what you mean by internet account? When I log into webmail.verizon.net or webmail.verizon.com, I go right to my email.
Same here.   I'm using safari & firefox with no problems.
I use Mac Mail with Verizon.net.   Changing setting to 587 is for outgoing messages. Here's my settings (Mail/Preferences/verizon account) Under outgoing  Mail server, I have VZ Outgoing set up ... See more...
I use Mac Mail with Verizon.net.   Changing setting to 587 is for outgoing messages. Here's my settings (Mail/Preferences/verizon account) Under outgoing  Mail server, I have VZ Outgoing set up & selected Click on the equivalent to VZ outgoing, then Edit server list... Server name should be Outgoing.verizon.net Click on Advanced Select use Custom Port & enter 587 Select Authentication Password Enter your Verizon .net user name (without the @verizon.net) Enter your verizon.ne password Click OK And you should be able to send email.  That's how it works for me at least.  🙂
Why do you say you can't use your business email as outgoing?  If you can use outlook express (not exchange servers) with your business email from your PC, then use the outgoing settings from your pc... See more...
Why do you say you can't use your business email as outgoing?  If you can use outlook express (not exchange servers) with your business email from your PC, then use the outgoing settings from your pc on your HTC as the outgoing.   The Droid is just like a PC and the internet connection from your pc to your company email is no different than the internet connection from the droid to your company pc....except it doesn't use wires.  🙂
Try logging into webmail.verizon.com or verizon.com/new using your subaccount user name & password.  If you can get in that way, then click on messages/email at the top and see if you can get to your... See more...
Try logging into webmail.verizon.com or verizon.com/new using your subaccount user name & password.  If you can get in that way, then click on messages/email at the top and see if you can get to your subaccount email.
Technically, what verizon told you is correct.  Cox & Verizon are Internet service providers.  You buy your internet access from them and they give you email account(s).  If you don't have internet... See more...
Technically, what verizon told you is correct.  Cox & Verizon are Internet service providers.  You buy your internet access from them and they give you email account(s).  If you don't have internet service from them, they might stop providing email service.  So Did you disconnect your internet service from Cox?  If yes, that might be the reason why.  You will need to see if your account is still active.  Try going to webmail.cox.net.  They will prompt you for your state and after you enter that, it will give you a userid/password sign in that would let you access your email from a normal web interface.  If your credentials don't work, then COX locked you out.  Call them. If that works, then you will need to set up outlook however COX tells you do to it.  I doubt Verizon will be able to help setting up a competitors email access.
try going to webmail.verizon.com and see if you can get in that way. if not, delete your cache (temporary internet files) and cookies then try again.
Someone over there told me the migration has begun and is being done in waves.  That might explain why one account sees it but the other doesn't. 
See if this works. Delete your cookies & Cache.  Then go to webmail.verizon.net  That worked for me.
@NateNate wrote: Seems kinda pointless to get something I'll never use and then have to replace a battery on it. Why not take it?  If you ever get residental phone service, they will p... See more...
@NateNate wrote: Seems kinda pointless to get something I'll never use and then have to replace a battery on it. Why not take it?  If you ever get residental phone service, they will probably have to come out to give it to you at that point and it might cost you for the install.  If they want to give it, I'd take it....just in case.   Just me.
or here if it is not a wireless issue. https://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/
John51277, Sounds like you found a great place to vent & complain.  The moderators are VZ employees so at least they are listening.  And, they are proactively trying to fix it by posting their req... See more...
John51277, Sounds like you found a great place to vent & complain.  The moderators are VZ employees so at least they are listening.  And, they are proactively trying to fix it by posting their request for help to narrow down the problem which seems to me to be quite an intelligent approach instead of ignoring it like an osterich that hides its head in the sand. The pages you are talking about usually work fine for me.  When they go bonkers, I clear the cache/cookies and all is fine again. It seems like it might be a system (like individual PC) problem since not all of us are having problems.  Those type of problems are particularly challenging to solve and depending on who you called for help they may not have the tools or knowledge (not to be read as not having ingelligence) to properly diagnose your problem.  Why not try to help solve the problem and provide more information about your configuration like they asked and see if we can get it to go away instead of creating the self-fulfilling prophesy.
It is mostly working fine for me(mac-firefox & safari).  I do notice some occasional squirrely stuff if I sign into the new My Verizon pages and try to get to the residential help pages.  Bu... See more...
It is mostly working fine for me(mac-firefox & safari).  I do notice some occasional squirrely stuff if I sign into the new My Verizon pages and try to get to the residential help pages.  But whenever it happens, I clear the cookies and all is fine again.
If you had it working before on another computer and you successfully logged into www.verizon.com/callassistant to download it again when you get the message to calll your office, I would try calling... See more...
If you had it working before on another computer and you successfully logged into www.verizon.com/callassistant to download it again when you get the message to calll your office, I would try calling the VCA Help Desk at 1-888-483-5156.  They are dedicated to supporting VCA so should be able to help you through the reinstallation process.