Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,157 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DJ_Boxer's Posts

I just found out by a review on AppWorld that the problem is on his end, which is where it apparently goes through.  I am going to remove this programme and keep my search up. DJ
Dataviz has upgraded Documents To Go to version 2.    DJ
I am trying to use a program called Save 2 PDF that saves web pages on the blackberry and i am getting a DNS error: "net.rim.device.cldc.io.dns.DNSException: DNS error". I am wondering how do I f... See more...
I am trying to use a program called Save 2 PDF that saves web pages on the blackberry and i am getting a DNS error: "net.rim.device.cldc.io.dns.DNSException: DNS error". I am wondering how do I find out what the APN settings are for Verizon Wireless?   DJ
Also make sure that the battery has enough charge to maintain a connection.   DJ
spark68 wrote: How can I get radio to come back on ..get message that says radio not turned on..can't make or recieve calls without it To get the radio to come back on; go to the icon tha... See more...
spark68 wrote: How can I get radio to come back on ..get message that says radio not turned on..can't make or recieve calls without it To get the radio to come back on; go to the icon that looks like an antenna with a radiating signal.  It's title is Manage Connections.  Click the trackpad to open it.  Scroll down to where it says: "Mobile Network Verizon Wireless"  and click on that so the red x becomes a green check mark.  Make sure you have the latest OS which you should update to through Desktop Manager to make sure you get a better install.   DJ
KellyAllison wrote: I just purchased the Blackberry Curve.... my plan includes Mobile Web and Broadband connection... When I go to open the web browser on my phone it says no Wi-Fi connection... See more...
KellyAllison wrote: I just purchased the Blackberry Curve.... my plan includes Mobile Web and Broadband connection... When I go to open the web browser on my phone it says no Wi-Fi connection.... I went thru the setup of WiFi Connection and it tells me no network... Any help?   You first have to set up a WiFi connection to wireless router network and be in proximity to the range of whatever network you are having Wifi log into.  Also make sure Wifi is showing up on your screen.  in order to use Wifi: 1)Go to Manage Connections which looks like a tower radiating a signal. 2)Select Set-up WiFi network and go through the options there. That should help give you a start.   DJ
To transfer your contacts from the Storm to your new phone: You attach each phone to your computer with separate cables at the same time and use Device Switch Wizard with Desktop Manager and it ... See more...
To transfer your contacts from the Storm to your new phone: You attach each phone to your computer with separate cables at the same time and use Device Switch Wizard with Desktop Manager and it will transfer whatever you need switched over from email to contacts and even programs(if compatible).   DJ
Push To Talk with Verizon is to any phone capable within the Verizon Wireless Network with PTT.  There is a fee now, I don't remember what it is at the moment.  There was only a period of a month... See more...
Push To Talk with Verizon is to any phone capable within the Verizon Wireless Network with PTT.  There is a fee now, I don't remember what it is at the moment.  There was only a period of a month to get it for free but that is no longer available.   DJ
I am wondering why Verizon put back on the website the 9630 which is a phone that was stopped by RIM for the Bold 9650.  I feel that this is a bad call by Verizon Wireless to put a phone back on ... See more...
I am wondering why Verizon put back on the website the 9630 which is a phone that was stopped by RIM for the Bold 9650.  I feel that this is a bad call by Verizon Wireless to put a phone back on sale on the website after it was announced that it was not getting the upgrade.  The people who really care about getting a phone that can get Blackberry 6 is the consumer and not the business customer (company).   DJ
I'm sorry but the official press release from RIM states that the 9630 is not getting it.  The 9650 because of the faster processor and more memory will be getting it.  They released this stateme... See more...
I'm sorry but the official press release from RIM states that the 9630 is not getting it.  The 9650 because of the faster processor and more memory will be getting it.  They released this statement on the day they announced the Torch.  if you visit their website.   DJ
Okay, I have upgraded to the 9650 and the Geotagging does work.   I see a GPS icon (The Target w/arrows) and it is confirmed by asking to map it out and in properties it says it is geotagged.  ... See more...
Okay, I have upgraded to the 9650 and the Geotagging does work.   I see a GPS icon (The Target w/arrows) and it is confirmed by asking to map it out and in properties it says it is geotagged.   Also my charging pod works with my 2600mAh battery.   DJ
I was able to get a Bold 9650 via upgrade and extension of contract.  Everything is fine now, even the Geotagging of pictures which I believe never worked on a majority of Tour 9630's.   DJ
I am wondering if I use the links for the games that were pushed to my Bold, do I have to pay for them or are they free?  If I have to pay for them are they billed to my account?   DJ
I know, I just wanted to ask because the gold contacts are different shapes.  When I got my Bold the box said that it was 5.0.0.732.   DJ
I will reply here and in your other thread with this bit of advice: The problem could actually be in the wall socket or the charger.  I have a wall socket that doesn't work right now and I have h... See more...
I will reply here and in your other thread with this bit of advice: The problem could actually be in the wall socket or the charger.  I have a wall socket that doesn't work right now and I have had a wall charger for my 9630 that FUBARed.  Try something else in the socket that you are using.  If this is a Charger cable attached to your computer, it must be on and not in sleep/standby mode.  It could also be the USB connection on your phone that is not working which means that you should spring for the desktop charging pod for the Curve which uses those metal tabs on the back of the phone at the bottom of the battery door. Hope this helps. Also look at the battery: there is a white tab/sticker somewhere on the battery(I don't have my Curve compatible battery with me), tell me what it looks like: is it clear or is there some red mark on it?     DJ
I will reply here with this bit of advice: The problem could actually be in the wall socket or the charger.  I have a wall socket that doesn't work right now and I have had a wall charger for my ... See more...
I will reply here with this bit of advice: The problem could actually be in the wall socket or the charger.  I have a wall socket that doesn't work right now and I have had a wall charger for my 9630 that FUBARed.  Try something else in the socket that you are using.  If this is a Charger cable attached to your computer, it must be on and not in sleep/standby mode.  It could also be the USB connection on your phone that is not working which means that you should spring for the desktop charging pod for the Curve which uses those metal tabs on the back of the phone at the bottom of the battery door. Hope this helps.     DJ
What's up Doc? I checked before I did the device switch wizard and it said that I have 5.0.0.732.   I solved it by deleting an older copy of VVM which was at versioning 1.#, while the other was... See more...
What's up Doc? I checked before I did the device switch wizard and it said that I have 5.0.0.732.   I solved it by deleting an older copy of VVM which was at versioning 1.#, while the other was at 2.#.  For some reason it transfered over.  Is the SIM card that came with the Bold a different version or can I just use either in my phone?   DJ
I recently as of last night, upgraded my Tour to a New Bold and when I go to turn it on with a Battery Pull/button reset, I get a pop-up that says: "SMS Port already in use".  I have tried with a... See more...
I recently as of last night, upgraded my Tour to a New Bold and when I go to turn it on with a Battery Pull/button reset, I get a pop-up that says: "SMS Port already in use".  I have tried with and without SIM cards and it happens.  Here Is a Picture:
This was actually from their end by the way they made a seperate contact with that title instead of just replacing the PIN in the original contact.   DJ
I recently noticed from my 9630 replacement that whenever someone replies to my PIN, it says: "From: New pin myname".  How do I change this?  I am going to activate my 9650 tonight when I get hom... See more...
I recently noticed from my 9630 replacement that whenever someone replies to my PIN, it says: "From: New pin myname".  How do I change this?  I am going to activate my 9650 tonight when I get home which just arrived and I am wanting to know before I switch the info.   DJ