Thank you for the reply! I've found a work around for now that I have listed as the correct answers for others. I'll await the update 😊 @vzw_customer_support wrote: JordanL, making sure that yo... See more...
Thank you for the reply! I've found a work around for now that I have listed as the correct answers for others. I'll await the update 😊 @vzw_customer_support wrote: JordanL, making sure that you can control your device to your liking is a must, so I am eager to help. As you mentioned, after the Message+ update, version 6.8, users are unable to remove the IMS Service app. We are currently aware of the IMS Service app being displayed on your device. Our Message+ team is working towards a resolution. Agradecemos tu paciencia.  AkaneM_VZW  
The spam call blocksr is simply called "call filter" this IMS app is an app meant just for message network connection.   ***Update as of this morning, there was another update to the message+ app t... See more...
The spam call blocksr is simply called "call filter" this IMS app is an app meant just for message network connection.   ***Update as of this morning, there was another update to the message+ app that removed the IMS app from the phone. If you still have the app, check the playstore to be sure your message app is up to date
I spoke with them several times today. Answers and solution is in the thread :) @SHELTM999 wrote: Summit IMS app appeared today. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. What is it? When I go to app info, it t... See more...
I spoke with them several times today. Answers and solution is in the thread :) @SHELTM999 wrote: Summit IMS app appeared today. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. What is it? When I go to app info, it takes me to Verizon's Messenger+ app. Any response yet from Verizon?      
***update part 2! After an hour the message+ app updated again and the ISM app popped back up. As it's essential for the messages to work, I recommend to all to simply hide the app so it continues to... See more...
***update part 2! After an hour the message+ app updated again and the ISM app popped back up. As it's essential for the messages to work, I recommend to all to simply hide the app so it continues to run but isn't tampered with. This can be done from you main app tray, then options (where you select how to sort the apps) and hide apps, this let's you hide ones you don't need like ISM
It is supposed to be a background running source that connects the message+ service to the Verizon network exclusively. As it varies by location, if it's changed it could result in mishandling of mes... See more...
It is supposed to be a background running source that connects the message+ service to the Verizon network exclusively. As it varies by location, if it's changed it could result in mishandling of messages and failed delivery. It's supposed to fix the issue they have had on the east coast but was a national roll out. With some bugs
UPDATE*** This wasn't a known issue until I did a screen share with a Verizon tech. The following steps removed the app: Open App info for Message+ - clear data  - force stop  - disable message+  - p... See more...
UPDATE*** This wasn't a known issue until I did a screen share with a Verizon tech. The following steps removed the app: Open App info for Message+ - clear data  - force stop  - disable message+  - power cycle phone  - open app info through settings  - reenable message+   This did remove the IMS app, which is a back door for the message service to access the network... DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS IN THE IMS APP! Higher tech levels are working on a roll out fix for those unable to fix it themselves with the steps listed above. 
My phone just installed Summit IMS on my phone, when I try to draw up the app info it pulls up message+. Are these apps related or is this supposed to be a hidden process? Lg-v30 Software vs99620j
  • ims