Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,039 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

StreetDocRN's Posts

mln1523 wrote: where do i go to get the upgrade for the storm? Go here for upgrading Verizon Blackberry devices.  The upgrade for the Storm is allegedly to be released tonight about 10P... See more...
mln1523 wrote: where do i go to get the upgrade for the storm? Go here for upgrading Verizon Blackberry devices.  The upgrade for the Storm is allegedly to be released tonight about 10PM eastern, but we will see. Doc Note that upgrading wirelessly by the option in the device will not work, according to the aritcle on Crackberry.  It will only appear via the web.
UsedToBeAlltel wrote: I read at the Crackberry website that there will be a 5.0 OS upgrade available some time today for the blackberry curve 8330. Will former Alltel customers be eligible fo... See more...
UsedToBeAlltel wrote: I read at the Crackberry website that there will be a 5.0 OS upgrade available some time today for the blackberry curve 8330. Will former Alltel customers be eligible for that upgrade? Hi, To answer your question, no.  The upgrade for today to 5.0 is for the Storm.  No plans have been made for a 5.0 release for the 8330 curve by Verizon. Doc
Hi, all, Just a quick reminder to all Blackberry users to backup your device with Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Any of you Storm users who are planning to upgrade whenever the upgrade comes out... See more...
Hi, all, Just a quick reminder to all Blackberry users to backup your device with Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Any of you Storm users who are planning to upgrade whenever the upgrade comes out, it will be a good idea to have a backup of your data just in case of problems so you can have something to fall back on.  What was the old saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  Doc
Hi, all, By the way, if the upgrade goes through tonight, I plan on being around in the forums tonight if anyone has questions or problems.  Just message me or post.  Doc
gocardinals wrote: I continue to get the core 4.7 thing, too. I thought I was up to date? Hi, It is just showing you what update you have installed on your computer and phone.  After... See more...
gocardinals wrote: I continue to get the core 4.7 thing, too. I thought I was up to date? Hi, It is just showing you what update you have installed on your computer and phone.  After you download the 5.0 upgrade tonight, it will show the 5.0 update.  Doc
Hi, I believe it is $175 to cancel a contract early. Doc
skalber wrote: Doc, I went into BlackBerry Maps and enabled GPS, it was not enabled. I re-checked everything you guys mentioned, still all set correct and still no geotag working on my pics. ... See more...
skalber wrote: Doc, I went into BlackBerry Maps and enabled GPS, it was not enabled. I re-checked everything you guys mentioned, still all set correct and still no geotag working on my pics. Skalber, First check GPS.  When you open Blackberry Maps, does GPS find your location?  If GPS is working in that, and not working in geotagging, then it must be a software glitch.  It sounds like you have all the settings correct.  You might have to reload your OS.  Maybe one of the other users in the forums might have an idea. Doc
Hi, You do not have a browser icon yet because your Storm is not set up yet.  Follow the instructions for setting up your new device found in your owner's manual.  I have attached a pdf file t... See more...
Hi, You do not have a browser icon yet because your Storm is not set up yet.  Follow the instructions for setting up your new device found in your owner's manual.  I have attached a pdf file that will be a quick guide for setting up email.  Doc
bluetonic wrote: my sis and i both got the storm and she has the browser on her phone but i dont have it can anyone tell me why or how i can get it on there Hi, Try resending your se... See more...
bluetonic wrote: my sis and i both got the storm and she has the browser on her phone but i dont have it can anyone tell me why or how i can get it on there Hi, Try resending your service book.  Go to Email Settings.  Press the Menu key and press Service Books.  Select resend Service Book.  Then after that it should work.  You may have to restart your device by pulling the battery. Doc
nmchileman wrote: It's not false advertising, you just didn't do your research before hand. It's a commonly known fact that all cell phone providers require an additional charge for using you... See more...
nmchileman wrote: It's not false advertising, you just didn't do your research before hand. It's a commonly known fact that all cell phone providers require an additional charge for using your phone as a modem. This isn't just VZW specific. The $29.99 data plan only covers for unlimited data directly on your device. You even said it in your sentence...."unlimited data WITH THE PHONE". Not with the phone AND YOUR PC.   If the iPhone had tethering there would be an additional data plan beyond the normal iPhone data plan, so you're not going to escape that. Don't blame VZW, or any other phone company for that matter, for your lack of research when it's commonly known, public information. Well put, Kudos to you. Doc
castcore wrote: Hi so is there a website to goto for this upgrade?  Hi, It has not released yet, but when it is, you can find it listed here. Doc
Hey, I was referring to Blackberry's list of files that can be played found here.  Look and see, but I did not see it listed. Doc
AD1216 wrote: I FIND IT UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT HAVE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY UPDATES. TOUR USERS ON THE SPRINT NETWORK GOT VERSION 4.7.1.53 AND US AT VERIZON HAVE ... See more...
AD1216 wrote: I FIND IT UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT HAVE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY UPDATES. TOUR USERS ON THE SPRINT NETWORK GOT VERSION 4.7.1.53 AND US AT VERIZON HAVE 4.7.1.40....  NOW ON SUNDAY THE FIRST GENERATION STORM USERS WILL BE UPPED TO 5.0..... WHAT ABOUT US TOUR USERS????  ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS? I DONT WANNA DOWNLOAD ANY UNOFFICAL UPGRADES..... Hi, AD, I also have a Tour and hope the 5.0 official OS will be release soon.  I believe it will be released soon if the OS for the Storm comes out. Doc
SBacklin wrote: Hey everyone, first time here.  I have a question about BBs.  How does the BBs handle receiving animated .GIF w/Audio file MMS? Hi, Welcome to the forums.  I do not b... See more...
SBacklin wrote: Hey everyone, first time here.  I have a question about BBs.  How does the BBs handle receiving animated .GIF w/Audio file MMS? Hi, Welcome to the forums.  I do not believe the Blackberry can handle animated GIF files at this time. Doc
Trahinds wrote: I would like to list my appointments for the day on my front screen sort of like the curve does. Not sure I can do this on the tour. If so... can you please help. Thanks ... See more...
Trahinds wrote: I would like to list my appointments for the day on my front screen sort of like the curve does. Not sure I can do this on the tour. If so... can you please help. Thanks Hi, Welcome to the forums.  I believe you are speaking about the theme, which is called a Today theme.  The Tour did not come with one installed, however, many are available to download.  Go to Crackberry.com and look at the free themes and you will find one to install.  They are out there.  I downloaded the Plazmic software from Blackberry and made my own personal Today theme for my Tour.  That is also an option for you too. Doc
rookietrader wrote:   well i noticed something in my phone a week ago....i'm running 5.0.0.323 OS and when i go to phone options...general....it has an option to show my number(yes/no) and a... See more...
rookietrader wrote:   well i noticed something in my phone a week ago....i'm running 5.0.0.323 OS and when i go to phone options...general....it has an option to show my number(yes/no) and also a restrict my identity (network determined,always,never) now i'm not sure if those options will change your name to show...i just changed mine on restrict my identity...and i clicked never...so i'm going to call a friend and see if my name now shows up...report back later.   Hi, I tried that on my Tour with my land line at home.  I tried with the default settings and then changed the Restrict My Identity to Never from Network Determined and it made no difference.  The calls show up as City,State and Number.  It will not show the name.  I do know that when I was with Alltel, it always showed my name and number on caller ID land lines.  I'm sure it is a switch setting with the towers or some technical thing way above my head. Doc
zaidanator wrote: I am sure you all have dealt with the frustration of having to restrict yourself to only 160 characters per text because otherwise friends/family on other carriers like AT&T... See more...
zaidanator wrote: I am sure you all have dealt with the frustration of having to restrict yourself to only 160 characters per text because otherwise friends/family on other carriers like AT&T will only receive the first 160 characters. Can someone please explain to me why that is? I hate Verizon because of this. All other carriers can text each other just if you text over 160 they will receive it in multiple messages.   Anyone feeling my pain? LOL Hi, The 160 character limit by Verizon Wireless is pretty much the industry standard.  Some other carriers will break the messages up into 2 or more messages if it goes over 160 characters.  I know it can be aggravating to some frequent SMS users.  There are a few apps that will do this for you, breaking up the messages, but you will have to Google search for them.  Personally, if I am sending a large message, I will send an email. Doc
jen2004 wrote: If I bought the phones at the verizon store, do I pay full price for the free phone and then get a mail in rebate, or is it an instant rebate and I pay nothing for that phone? ... See more...
jen2004 wrote: If I bought the phones at the verizon store, do I pay full price for the free phone and then get a mail in rebate, or is it an instant rebate and I pay nothing for that phone? Hi, Jen, Welcome to the forums.  I purchased my Tours online.  I recieved the discount at the time of purchase which was nice, saving me the hassel of mailing in forms and rebates.  I recieved my phones in 2 days from Verizon Wireless and activated them right away.  So, unless you absolutely can not wait for a couple of days, then go to the store and buy one.  Doc
billyp10980 wrote: I just want to get an idea what most people think. I know alot of people that have the blackberry think it is  great but is the plan always worth the cost? For me it would ... See more...
billyp10980 wrote: I just want to get an idea what most people think. I know alot of people that have the blackberry think it is  great but is the plan always worth the cost? For me it would be nice to be able to access the internet wherever I go and get emails right away. I also like to take video and pictures with my phone. I currently have the env2 and my wife has an env3. My son is also on a plan with us. We are on a family select plan and currently do not have internet access. I have a home computer and its seems adding $30.00 to my cellphone plan every month is a bit steep. Thanks for any suggestions. Hi, My suggestion is to stick with the EnV phone.  The Blackberry is not for everyone.  You are correct, the data plan does add up, but the $29.99 a month per Blackberry device is not an option, it is a requirement.  All of the cellular providers have started making this a requirement now on all new Blackberry devices. Doc
Edgar805Rguez wrote: wow that is a lot.   i really wont be using the internet a lot just here and there to check social networking sites and what not and probably not gonna email a lot eith... See more...
Edgar805Rguez wrote: wow that is a lot.   i really wont be using the internet a lot just here and there to check social networking sites and what not and probably not gonna email a lot either should i still consider getting a higher data plan? Edgar, With the Blackberry, you pay the $29.99 for unlimited data, email and web.  This is a required data plan for all Blackberry devices and most other PDA smartphones.  When you select a phone plan, the only 2 choices you have are for Basic or Select, select having unlimited SMS and MMS messaging.  You can not choose a Connect or Premium plan.  The reason is that due to the requirement of the Blackberry Internet Service for $29.99, there is no need for data packages on the Connect or Premium plans.  Those other data plans are for non-smartphones.  So, if you get a Blackberry, it doesn't matter if you only surf the web or check social sites or email just a little or a lot, the price is the same. Doc Ps:  The other data plan for the Blackberry for $44.99 is for Blackberry Enterprise Service, which gives all the service of the lower priced package but with capability to connect wirelessly to your Exchange server at work to get email, contacts, calendar information and so forth.