A lot shorter than it does - this camera is the worst **bleep** I have ever seen.  Mine takes several seconds to snap!
[edit] Reboot is not the same as uninstalling an app   {please keep your posts courteous}
How about the devs coming up with a Reset App - It'll save the hardware buttons! This is the only operating system I've seen that doesn't have such an app.
Number One Reason is the high quality of the Verizon network - the only time I get dropped calls is when I'm talking to one of my friends with an IPhone.  After all, the purpose of the phone is t... See more...
Number One Reason is the high quality of the Verizon network - the only time I get dropped calls is when I'm talking to one of my friends with an IPhone.  After all, the purpose of the phone is to make/receive calls - all the rest is fluff. A close second is the open nature of the OS and the friendliness of the Droid - The out of box user experience is very high and the phone is very sturdy. And don't be fooled by the Apple App Store - there are thousands of free Android apps also.    
Right you are - since I have no desire to chance bricking, I'll have to live with it as is. 
Read the post - I said the screen, that is a widget or app - we all know how to use the on/off button
Is there any way to turn the Droid off (or reboot) from the screen, i.e., a widget or shortcut?
I see the "Spam Control" under Safeguards but it is unclear how to block a text message with a return address that is a 5-digitnumber.  It only shows how to block a phone number and a domain.  I ... See more...
I see the "Spam Control" under Safeguards but it is unclear how to block a text message with a return address that is a 5-digitnumber.  It only shows how to block a phone number and a domain.  I am getting spam from a number like 89022.
How do you block unwanted SMS messages - I'm getting spam text messages from an unknown sender?
How do you enter letters in dial screen
That did it - Thanks.  Curiously, no one in the Verizon store had a clue so they exchanged my phone.
OK - I did a hard reset and now I see the little lghtening bolt and it's animated, but: I still don't see the charging light (I know the light works because it flashes when I get an email) ... See more...
OK - I did a hard reset and now I see the little lghtening bolt and it's animated, but: I still don't see the charging light (I know the light works because it flashes when I get an email) Is it possible tha6t when the battery gets near 100% the lightening bolt vanishes? Is the behavior of the charging light dependent on software version?
Don't see any lightening bolt or color change.  Brand new Droid - using Verizon-supplied charger and/or dock.  Curious thing is I set the phone never to turn off when on external power and sure e... See more...
Don't see any lightening bolt or color change.  Brand new Droid - using Verizon-supplied charger and/or dock.  Curious thing is I set the phone never to turn off when on external power and sure enough, it stays on (turns off after one minute on battery)?
Is there a way to tell if the Droid is charging?
Problem is than when VZW discontinues a phone, they discontinue FAQ posting.  For example, there is no entry for "Data Services" for a Blackberry Curve 83XX on their main FAQ.   A second FAQ is... See more...
Problem is than when VZW discontinues a phone, they discontinue FAQ posting.  For example, there is no entry for "Data Services" for a Blackberry Curve 83XX on their main FAQ.   A second FAQ is needed so that if a new user needs info, there's a place to get it
New member here - great and useful board.  Two questions:   What is the most current update for Verizon  Curve 8330?   Where would I find it?   My current OS is 4.5.0.77       Thanks in... See more...
New member here - great and useful board.  Two questions:   What is the most current update for Verizon  Curve 8330?   Where would I find it?   My current OS is 4.5.0.77       Thanks in advance