Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,855 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tsom's Posts

After several calls with Tier 2 Apple tech support, many tests, sending logs and two visits to the Verizon store (the second time, per Apple's suggestion, they swapped my SIM card to see if that was ... See more...
After several calls with Tier 2 Apple tech support, many tests, sending logs and two visits to the Verizon store (the second time, per Apple's suggestion, they swapped my SIM card to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately, the Verizon store did not have 5G cards - "they only get them with phones, so don't have any extras" - it did not help). I eventually was set up with another appointment with the Apple store. They ended up swapping my phone, on the theory it was something with the phone. However, when we set up the phone as a new phone at the store, it would still not turn on WiFi calling. The Apple rep even did a wipe and reload of the new phone and still it did not work. He did give me a real 5G SIM which I need to take to the Verizon store to activate (I'm still using the swapped in 4G SIM). When I got home and erased the phone, and re-set it up as mine, restoring from iCloud backup, miraculously WiFi calling started working. No idea why it would suddenly start working. I do still have to go have the 5G card swapped in, but I am leery of messing with it, as I feel it could stop working at any time.
Um in not sure which part of that says “it’s working” because it is still NOT working. The Verizon store said it “should” be working.   wifi calling is still NOT working.
Yes I have HD calling enabled as well as Wifi calling - it was working just fine on my previous phone (iPhone X). Just went to the local Verizon store, they did everything I've done and according to ... See more...
Yes I have HD calling enabled as well as Wifi calling - it was working just fine on my previous phone (iPhone X). Just went to the local Verizon store, they did everything I've done and according to them "it should be working, it must be the phone." Great. Let's point back to Apple.
While out and while I had a better cell signal, I tried enabling Wifi calling again. But when I got home to my Wifi it's still not working. I'm not sure who to blame - both Verizon and Apple are poin... See more...
While out and while I had a better cell signal, I tried enabling Wifi calling again. But when I got home to my Wifi it's still not working. I'm not sure who to blame - both Verizon and Apple are pointing fingers at each other.
Unfortunately, network resets haven't worked for me. I've done it about a half dozen times. 😞
I've done the network reset about a half dozen times. I've turned off and back on WiFi Calling, I've rebooted the phone. Here is the initial ticket TR-161133718-E01 and the escalated network ticket N... See more...
I've done the network reset about a half dozen times. I've turned off and back on WiFi Calling, I've rebooted the phone. Here is the initial ticket TR-161133718-E01 and the escalated network ticket NRB000010356289. This phone is less than a week old and has the SIM card that came with it. There are no carrier updates, though with the spotty at best cell reception, I'm not sure it'd even come though if there was one. Verizon support claimed that the Wifi calling was enabled on the phone, but the Apple support rep said that can't be true, as VZW WIFI does not show on the phone. So who's right??
Am have no same issue with new iPhone 12 pro. Weak cell service results in NO SERVICE so depend on WiFi calling. However it will not work. Both Verizon service and apple service claim “there’s no pro... See more...
Am have no same issue with new iPhone 12 pro. Weak cell service results in NO SERVICE so depend on WiFi calling. However it will not work. Both Verizon service and apple service claim “there’s no problem” but obviously there is an issue with 12’s and WiFi calling.  Phone also has BAD cell reception, and requires toggling airplane mode even when moving into better coverage area to reconnect to cell service. Also am on latest update of iOS (14.2.1) and doesn’t help. 
For some reason, when I'm connected via wireless (NOT WIFI), Gmail cannot connect. It keeps saying "bad user name or password". When I turn WIFI on and connect via that, Gmail / Mail has no probl... See more...
For some reason, when I'm connected via wireless (NOT WIFI), Gmail cannot connect. It keeps saying "bad user name or password". When I turn WIFI on and connect via that, Gmail / Mail has no problem logging in. Is there a problem with Verizon's network (gee, who would guess that would happen...)