Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,980 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Barry_LL's Posts

I know that Message+ is consuming a lot of space on my phone. I can go into Shared Media and see gobs of pictures. I'm not too worried about the messages themselves taking up much space at all. I ca... See more...
I know that Message+ is consuming a lot of space on my phone. I can go into Shared Media and see gobs of pictures. I'm not too worried about the messages themselves taking up much space at all. I can go through these pics one by one and delete them, but it's a big pain, besides I really hate to lose that information from its associated message. When I look at the app it says the storage usage is 458MB, 210MB of which is cache. Clearly this is not including the space due the pictures!! I'd love too be able to see the actual folder containing the pics, but I understand it's hidden and inaccessible without rooting the phone (which I will not do).  But I _need_ to see how much space is actually using on my phone, so I can take appropriate action.  I need to see in one place all the pics with each size and a total size!! It's ridiculous that anybody can send me text messages, and I'm burdened with having to clean & manage each individually, or run the risk of hosing my phone.  Nothing else works this way!   
My phone has many many duplicated messages.  They are literally the exact same text under the exact same timestamp. I think this may be related to two things: Use of RESTORE on my phone (currently ... See more...
My phone has many many duplicated messages.  They are literally the exact same text under the exact same timestamp. I think this may be related to two things: Use of RESTORE on my phone (currently Samsung S10, but happened on S7 too) Use of the PC Windows Verizon Messages (Message+) app I don't really know that either of those contributed.  I mostly suspect it was RESTORE, mostly because they are (the recent duplicates) the last 90 days worth, which is what I happened to have RESTOREd from the cloud (the maximum saved, which is also unacceptable but a post for another time). This is completely unacceptable! Not only is it impossible to read through the two, sometimes 3 duplicate messages, it is taking up valuable space, and the MMS pics are also duplicated.  It is especially incredibly frustrating & difficult to delete duplicate pics, as often pics are similar.  Messages are a little easier.   PLEASE FIX THIS!!!  What I **DESPERATELY NEED** is not only a fix for the underlying problem resulting in this -- but a new MERGE feature on the Message+ phone app to be able to fix what is now so terribly messed up!! I have to believe a MERGE should be pretty easy to implement.  In fact the app ought to just do it, without any prompting.  But if it's a new feature to explicitly run (like the Samsung Contacts merge) that's fine.  These are identical text, identical timestamp.  It's just the kind of thing a computer should be able to do really easily and fast, but a human (with the given interface for deleting) is incredibly time consuming and inaccurate. PLEASE get this request to the Message+ developers ASAP!!! I am convinced that I am not alone in having this problem, and that it would be quite easy to reproduce.
Though it has been a very long time, and worse there was practically no communication, it appears that this problem is now fixed.  First clue was that all the messages (well for most of my contacts,... See more...
Though it has been a very long time, and worse there was practically no communication, it appears that this problem is now fixed.  First clue was that all the messages (well for most of my contacts, for possibly that 90 day maximum backup window) were duplicated on my phone.  What a huge pain, I had to manually delete the duplicates.  [The same stupidity happened when I tried to do a restore on my phone, because of the other problem I reported, where I had messages deleted.. Verizon told me to try and Restore from the Cloud, that it would really restore more than the 90 days worth... Instead it only restored 90 days worth, and I now had duplicates of everything.  Arghh... but I digress.] Anyway it seems that messages are now correctly syncing between my Samsung S7 phone and the Windows 10 PC app Verizon Messages app.  I did install the most current/recently released update to the Verizon Messages (Message+) on my phone (Dec 27, 2019, Version 6.9.11), maybe the fix was there. In any event, Happy New Year to me!  Thanks to whomever was involved in fixing it, and fingers crossed it stays that way forever more!!!
Hi GeorgeS_VZW, I was really hopeful that as there was finally attention being given to this, I would soon see a fix.  However nothing has changed in the month or so since I most recently brought th... See more...
Hi GeorgeS_VZW, I was really hopeful that as there was finally attention being given to this, I would soon see a fix.  However nothing has changed in the month or so since I most recently brought this up again.  Is there any hope? Any estimate? Thanks, Barry
Hello GeorgeS_VZW, I really appreciate that this is actively being worked on!! FYI as far as I can see, the app has not been "suspended", it is still doing what it has been doing.  Also I think tha... See more...
Hello GeorgeS_VZW, I really appreciate that this is actively being worked on!! FYI as far as I can see, the app has not been "suspended", it is still doing what it has been doing.  Also I think that I previously explained, I was using the web feature, until this app came partially back.  The web feature has other issues that make me not want to use it. As to what is currently happening:  Both the web feature and the PC app have the same problem, which is that when I send a message, it never shows up in Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone as having been sent from me.  Therefore my phone ends up having only 1/2 of conversations.  I text from the web feature or app, a person replies to me, and I only see their reply.  This previously worked perfectly, for many years! [Starting some months ago and up until several weeks ago, the PC app had ceased from syncing entirely -- while the web feature would work except it had the bug that I just described.] Barry
Hello StephannieP_VZW, Yes.  But it had been working for quite some time on Win 10. Also it's Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which I've had for years. (I note a poster last month said it wa... See more...
Hello StephannieP_VZW, Yes.  But it had been working for quite some time on Win 10. Also it's Message+ on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which I've had for years. (I note a poster last month said it was broken on Win 10 but only showed Message not Message+, but they did show Message+ being broken on Win 7 as well.)
Clearly Verizon does not understand the importance!  Back in mid-August I contact a Verizon rep and we spoke at length  about this, she opened a ticket (I may have scribbled the number somewhere, can... See more...
Clearly Verizon does not understand the importance!  Back in mid-August I contact a Verizon rep and we spoke at length  about this, she opened a ticket (I may have scribbled the number somewhere, cannot find it now, her name was Juanita). I started to login to my account and use Text Online, which at least was being refreshed with incoming messages.  But it was incredibly frustrating when it would quietly log me out, and not knowing, I would type in a message and then the entire thing would be lost. Some weeks ago the PC app started to once again pick up current messages. HOWEVER ANY MESSAGE I TYPE INTO THE PC NEVER SHOWS UP ON MY PHONE! I tried using the Google provided Messages app, it did not do all that I wanted.  I tried to update my phone to pick up the missing messages by restoring from the cloud.  Yeah I got them, but I THEN HAD TWO OF ALL THE MESSAGES I ALREADY HAD ON MY PHONE!  WHAT A MESS!!! I pay top $$dollars$$ for Verizon.  Unlike many providers Verizon still does not give me international access to my call, text & data, unless I pay steep $$fees$$ for it (so I have to mess with other carriers SIM cards -- which then causing me to lose all the recent messages, and people can't reach me since I don't have my US#). These problems are inexcusable.  Stop asking people for more information, this has been reported so many times already, and clearly there are people doing something with it.  Get this fixed already!! Maybe you don't care Verizon, but I get closer and closer to jumping ship when you provide such terrible support and service for such high prices.
Thank you @tikibar1, I will have a look at this SMS Backup and Restore.  I've looked at write-ups on it before and it seems pretty well liked.  It's too bad that I pay Verizon a lot of $$ and they ... See more...
Thank you @tikibar1, I will have a look at this SMS Backup and Restore.  I've looked at write-ups on it before and it seems pretty well liked.  It's too bad that I pay Verizon a lot of $$ and they cannot do better than the free stuff.  
"Useless" because after paying for it for months and months, the first time I needed to restore something, I discovered that Verizon (somebody) made a decision to limit how much of my  data was backe... See more...
"Useless" because after paying for it for months and months, the first time I needed to restore something, I discovered that Verizon (somebody) made a decision to limit how much of my  data was backed up, and that was not made clear when I signed up to pay for this service.  I paid for 500GB of storage, why would it not have backed up all my messages?!  I'm currently using about 1.5GB, backing up all of them would still barely have put a dent in that 1.5GB.
Repeating what I've said already does not help!   How can you even ask that?!  At this point the only thing that would help is some assistance in getting the messages that are stuck inside my PC, ont... See more...
Repeating what I've said already does not help!   How can you even ask that?!  At this point the only thing that would help is some assistance in getting the messages that are stuck inside my PC, onto my phone (some sort of backup/conversion program).  You want to help?: Verizon should reimburse me for paying for an almost useless Cloud backup service. Verizon should fix this ridiculous limitation with the Cloud backup of text messages. Verizon should look into why my messages were deleted, I'm almost certain it was some glitch in the app which means it will happen again and to other people. Verizon should change the Messages app so that deleting an entire conversation requires a double-confirmation, and it should always default to NO (I noticed on one of the dialogs the default was set to DELETE and you had to choose CANCEL).  I am still pretty sure I did not delete them, but in testing if that was even possible (could I have possibly mistakenly gone through that dialog) I noticed how terribly it was set up.
That might be worth doing if it is something that happens automatically.  If it's manual, the existing backup capability is sufficient (though lacks a lot of capabilities).  Can you recommend one?  T... See more...
That might be worth doing if it is something that happens automatically.  If it's manual, the existing backup capability is sufficient (though lacks a lot of capabilities).  Can you recommend one?  The other alternative is of course that I can just use a different text messaging app entirely.  You'd think Verizon would put a little more effort into this.
I appreciate your desire to help.  But the questions you are asking are not going to help.  Please, do you have any way to recover messages older than 90 days or not?  Alternatively do you have any w... See more...
I appreciate your desire to help.  But the questions you are asking are not going to help.  Please, do you have any way to recover messages older than 90 days or not?  Alternatively do you have any way for me to "save" the messages from the PC app so that I can then restore them to my phone?
[Wow, now I'm even more upset.  Just typed a long reply and clicked Post, it had timed out my session and so it lost everything.  Really pathetic.] I know the answers to all this without looking.  I... See more...
[Wow, now I'm even more upset.  Just typed a long reply and clicked Post, it had timed out my session and so it lost everything.  Really pathetic.] I know the answers to all this without looking.  I have the latest version of the Version Messages (Messages+) and the Verizon Cloud app.  The Cloud app has everything checked to backup.  Restoring from either only can get 3 months (90 days) worth of backups.  Which of course I've already done.  When I look at the messages using the web-based messaging on My Verizon I also see 90 days previous.  But on my PC app (the app from the Microsoft Store) I can see about 1 year 8 months back. Forgetting that this should never have happened, I'm paying $60/year for backups, and the one time I really needed it, the data I want isn't there.  There's tons of space for it to be there but someone made a stupid decision to not back that up and not give the paying customer a choice about it. I have a Samsung S7 Edge with the most current Oreo with updates.  I have not rooted nor do I run anything but grade-A apps. I did upgrade a bunch of apps about a week ago which included Verizon Messages but I don't think it happened then.  I think this happened yesterday because I noticed immediately when texting this contact. I really don't want to spend any more time and effort detailing the thing that should not have happened.  Unless you have some way to recover my messages which are older than 90 days, or to "Save Conversation/Messages" on my PC in a format that I can then Restore onto my phone, then you have no way to help me. I can tell you that Verizon should refund me for all the months I've been paying for Verizon Cloud (since they decided to no longer make it free), since it was not there for me when I needed it.  And Verizon should fix this stupid limitation, and let me choose which conversations I want to have backed up in their entirety.  (I have no hope that anybody will even be able to tell me why the messages were deleted.) 
I did not do this.  All but my locked messages for one particular conversation are deleted.  I am very unhappy about this!  There is no way I did it, it would require responding to a confirmation pro... See more...
I did not do this.  All but my locked messages for one particular conversation are deleted.  I am very unhappy about this!  There is no way I did it, it would require responding to a confirmation prompt.  And there is nobody else with access to my phone.  I am pretty sure Verizon will be useless about acknowledging that they were deleted due to some glitch.  Nor do I expect they'll offer any hope of recovering them. But if anybody knows differently please let me know! What's worse is that while (since they decided it was no longer free) I've been paying the $5/month for 500GB of Cloud data, for messages Verizon apparently decided that saving only 90 days worth is sufficient.  What!!!  I pay for 500GB of data and I'm only using 1.5GB!!!  What's the point of paying for backup storage and then not backing stuff up!!! Yeah, I should have been backing up my important conversations offline myself, unfortunately I haven't done so in a couple of years.  My only hope seems to be that the Verizon Message+ PC program has all the messages (well except the ones it misses, the sync is really flakey) back to almost my last backup.  I'd still have lost about 4 months worth.  However I cannot find any way to do a "Save Messages" or "Save Conversations" from that app. It says it's Version 2.0.2.0, I installed it from the Microsoft Store.  Anybody know of any way to create the .vzm file and .parts directories from what is apparently save someplace on my computer?
I have the same problem.  The question asks about Windows 10 -- so not a phone! It just started to happen for me.  It may have been after a recent Windows Update. The Windows Notification area show... See more...
I have the same problem.  The question asks about Windows 10 -- so not a phone! It just started to happen for me.  It may have been after a recent Windows Update. The Windows Notification area shows the "Verizon Messages" header and the red icon, but for each and every message in the notfication area, it only ever shows a "Verizon Messages" header, the text "New notification" and the timestamp. Clicking the notification does bring you to the app (presumably to that message, I haven't made sure of that). If it can no longer show any useful information in the Notifcation area, I'd like a way to just turn that off!  (Frankly I have considered turning it off anyway, something like a badge on the task bar would but plenty sufficient for me.) Also I second the complain about the terrible problems with syncing with this app on Windows (10) and other devices.  I frequently miss messages here, but more often than that, other devices don't receive my messages that I create in the Windows (10) app. Is anybody listening that can actually fix these problems!?!?