Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,617 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

LOWFLYER's Posts

Like Blacklisted said, these are all just weblinks on your phone until you open and install them.  If you simply want to remove the icons from you phone completely you can go to Options>Advanced ... See more...
Like Blacklisted said, these are all just weblinks on your phone until you open and install them.  If you simply want to remove the icons from you phone completely you can go to Options>Advanced Options>ServiceBook and delete them individually from there.  But like as stated above, whenever there is a service push or you re-register your handset with the network for whatever reason, they'll come back.  To create a folder on your desktop, simple press the BB menu button (spotted key) >Add Folder>name it and move it there.  Or do like I do and move em all to the applications folder and hide them so they don't appear.   If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!
Have you installed any new apps recently??
  Drummerman08 wrote: It's just unfair all these other blackberrys are getting software updates except for the 9550! Verizon is falling off when they do things like this. They need to learn ... See more...
  Drummerman08 wrote: It's just unfair all these other blackberrys are getting software updates except for the 9550! Verizon is falling off when they do things like this. They need to learn how to keep up with stuff like this more better!   Well they can't win for loosing......if they release it too early people itch with a B and whine about how it was rushed and it's buggy, yahda yahda yahda blah blah blah and if they take their time to work as many bugs out people still itch with a B and whine how they can't keep up......it's a double edged sword unfortunately.........  
  andafaith wrote: I have a Blackberry Curve and it was rather easy to remove Bing. Just go into Options - Advanced Options - Service Book then scroll down a little bit to find Bing, press o... See more...
  andafaith wrote: I have a Blackberry Curve and it was rather easy to remove Bing. Just go into Options - Advanced Options - Service Book then scroll down a little bit to find Bing, press on the menu key and delete it. All gone. Simple.   As long as you have not downloaded Bing, it's not installed on your handset.  The option above simply deletes the Bing icon link to the download.  Again, just b/c you have an icon doesn't mean Bing is installed.  And I'll echo the others, I hate the Bing search engine...I want Google back pls.....WTH big red......    
  marksogmusic wrote:   SURE WISH I HAD AN I-PHONE - MAYBE ATT WILL GIVE ME A NICE OFFER TO SWITCH   I just love these threats....like big red is gonna give you a handout b/c you mig... See more...
  marksogmusic wrote:   SURE WISH I HAD AN I-PHONE - MAYBE ATT WILL GIVE ME A NICE OFFER TO SWITCH   I just love these threats....like big red is gonna give you a handout b/c you might switch...c'mon man.  First off, if you switch to ATT good luck with 3G coverage as it's a coin toss whether or not you'll have it unless u live in a major metropolitan area.  The iPhone is not God's gift to the cellphone world and not the savior of wireless....they have problems too.  If you're help bent on one, VZW is supposedly getting a CDMA version 3Q of 10......so I'd wait.  The 9530 is a great handset....I have S2 and I miss my S1.....I like the click action of the screen better on my S1 and I miss my buttons at the bottom.  OS 5.0 for S1 made it what it should have been at release.  Your problems could be due to any number of variables like incompatible apps, a system write error, or update error.  Here's what I would try. For blackberry software / device faults Back up all your data using Desktop Manager, and then perform a master reset on the phone. Go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Blackberry key > Wipe Handheld Follow the instructions to return the phone to its original settings. Use it for a bit to determine if the error message or problem is still coming up or not, and if you're satisfied that all is ok, restore your backup file using Desktop Manager. If the error comes back at this point, you'll need to have a look at any programs you've installed on the phone and try uninstalling them to relieve the issue.     Let us know.......  
Have you tried checking the general message folder??
If this was never a problem before the OS upgrade, I would wipe the phone after you backup and reinstall the new OS again.....
  OldeEnglish800 wrote: Trying to call #611 and it's not going through.  First time I've tried since 5.0, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.  I get a "Thank you for calling V... See more...
  OldeEnglish800 wrote: Trying to call #611 and it's not going through.  First time I've tried since 5.0, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.  I get a "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless.  Your call cannot be completed" message.  I thought maybe it was just because it was the weekend, but now it's 10:40 est on Monday and still not working.  What gives?   Wait a min....i just noticed you're doing pound 611.....are you sure you don't want to dial STAR 611???  You're trying to get ahold of VZW right??  It's Star 611, not Pound 611.....  
Works fine for me.  Try recycling your radio and re-attempting the call...........
  poppajeff wrote: .it seems that without vznav paid for, verizon has the gps shut down... thanks for the advice... jeff   Again, I don't even have VZ Nav installed and mine works fine, h... See more...
  poppajeff wrote: .it seems that without vznav paid for, verizon has the gps shut down... thanks for the advice... jeff   Again, I don't even have VZ Nav installed and mine works fine, has to be an issue with your handset.  Again, I would try a wipe and reload of the OS and if that doesn't work, take it into the store for warranty replacement.  BTW.....are you getting full 3g??  1XEV <---all capital like that??  
Hey Chipellini, basically that error means that the internal organization of the ZIP file has been damaged. This may have occurred because the file was corrupted during the download process or th... See more...
Hey Chipellini, basically that error means that the internal organization of the ZIP file has been damaged. This may have occurred because the file was corrupted during the download process or the full file was not downloaded perhaps due to an error or because the user cancelled the process, not much help I know but go ahead and delete the downloaded file again and try again to search for anything RIM related, restart the computer and re-download....Do you have more than 1 computer?  Try installing DM on another computer and see if you can get it that way too.  Let us know how it goes.........doncha just love technology???
I personally don't recommend doing OTA upgrades, especially if you haven't backed up your handset.  I'm curious as to why you are not using the desktop manager to update your phone as this is the... See more...
I personally don't recommend doing OTA upgrades, especially if you haven't backed up your handset.  I'm curious as to why you are not using the desktop manager to update your phone as this is the safest and easiest way to go about it.....???
  phyfusion wrote: I renewed my contract online less than two weeks ago and purchased a BB Storm. I received a $100.00 and $49.99 instant discount which brought my out-of-pocket cost to $0.0... See more...
  phyfusion wrote: I renewed my contract online less than two weeks ago and purchased a BB Storm. I received a $100.00 and $49.99 instant discount which brought my out-of-pocket cost to $0.00. Upon reading the feedback about the BB Storm, I decided to exchange for the Droid. The exchange process can't be initiated and completed online and must be done through a Verizon customer rep. In order to exchange the BB Storm for the Droid I will have to:  pay $328.00 up front, return my BB Storm for the $49.99 credit, and pay a $35.00 restocking fee(understandable). I will not be credited an online discount of $100.00 originally received with the BB Storm, but instead a mail-in rebate for the same amount. WHY must a mail-in rebate be used instead of receiving the online rebate of $100.00 originally received when I renewed my contract with the BB Storm??? If Verizon allowed the online discount with the original purchase of the BB Storm, why can't that be  used for the exchange as well. The restocking fee covers the burden of exchanging phones before 30 days. Why be hit with a double whammy with the long awaited mail-in rebate???     Why on earth would you trade your Storm for the Droid....it's so fugly and it doesn't have BBM!!!!  In all seriousness though, like the person above me said, people are lazy, and they either wait and do the MIR too later or not at all and then VZW reaps the benefit.  It's a great marketing strategy that works.      
  poppajeff wrote: Hey Lowflyer, I have had the storm about 4 months now. At first I was traveling, on vacation, and had VZNav. At that time all my apps that used GPS were fine, including goo... See more...
  poppajeff wrote: Hey Lowflyer, I have had the storm about 4 months now. At first I was traveling, on vacation, and had VZNav. At that time all my apps that used GPS were fine, including google maps, bberry maps, weatherbug, etc. when i returned home i cancelled VZNav. since then, none of my apps can locate me with any precision. As you indicated, when i open google maps, it says within 3600 meters (about 2 miles) and then does get a better location, but never better than about 1/4-1/2 mile if i am standing still. today i was on the interstate and decided to see what... it found me to within about 1 mile, but never got me close enough to be able to use as a nav tool, although if i knew were i was, it got me close enough to find myself on the map it gave me... my settings for gps are: GPSData source.......device gps gps services..............location on location aiding...........enabled my settings forgoogle maps are: permissions: connections.........allow interactions...........allow user data..........allow Hmmm...i just noticed that compatibility mode was disabled...enabled it, went out...no change, except maps open with keyboard and it wont hide...disabled compatibility and now its back to normal, still about 1/2 mile off. any suggestions would be 'preciated jeff   It sounds like all your settings are as they should be.....I noticed you mostly use google, have you recently tried BB maps??  I just opened my BB maps and within 10 seconds, it put me right at my house.  Google on the other hand is taking quite a while to pinpoint me, but now that it has, it's pretty much showing me right here in my bedroom and I'm on a 1/3 of an acre which is mapped out on google with square lines and it literally shows me within what looks like a few feet my exact location on my property.   My suggestion would be to backup your phone and maybe reload your OS, what OS are you running by the way??  .328??  If you're not familiar with that you can take it into the store and tell them about your gps issue and they can do it for you, I would suggest you back up at home first just in case.  I don't know if when you deleted VZ Nav it deleted some other stuff with it or what.  I hope this help, please let us know how it goes.  
Like Doc said, a cradle is a good way to go, I have one for my Storm and I love it b/c the phone sits upright on my bed stand and I can check things as they come in if i want.  I'm also glad to h... See more...
Like Doc said, a cradle is a good way to go, I have one for my Storm and I love it b/c the phone sits upright on my bed stand and I can check things as they come in if i want.  I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one with a loose charging port.....I try to be very careful when inserting and removing any charging item so I don't bend pins.....   If I were you and the phone is within the warranty period of 1 year I believe it is, just take it back to the store for an exchange and get yourself a new one.  I don't think they could blame negligence on you for a bad charging port......I have a friend who returned a Storm b/c it would not charge and they gladly exchanged it for him.  Let us know how it goes.   Also, before you go exchange, backup your phone!!  Pls pls pls back it up.  BBM contacts specifically and your phone in case something happens in the store and they loose your stuff....it's been known to happen on occasion.
  513Diva wrote: My mother and I just got out blackberry's on Friday. We love them however we have a problem. The ringer volume is not loud enough. I went to profile and put it on Loud and a... See more...
  513Diva wrote: My mother and I just got out blackberry's on Friday. We love them however we have a problem. The ringer volume is not loud enough. I went to profile and put it on Loud and all it did was vibrate. And on normal it takes a while like maybe 3 seconds before it rings. Any suggestions? I changed my ring tone to a louder one. Thanks for the advice   Has it been this way since you purchased the phone??  If so, this is more than likely an operating system issue with the phone and it needs to be reloaded either by you or your local VZW store.  I had a friend with a similar issue.......his phone would still ring on vibrate and that was the fix action.  Let us know how it goes please so we can help others.  
I think you should try upgrading to the latest OFFICIAL firmware (.328) as you're running an old leaked version that may be giving you issues.  Try that first and then let us know how it goes wit... See more...
I think you should try upgrading to the latest OFFICIAL firmware (.328) as you're running an old leaked version that may be giving you issues.  Try that first and then let us know how it goes with your duplication issue.
Hey Jeff, I don't even have VZ Nav installed on my Storm and Google maps me just fine.  Occasionally there is lag in pinpointing your exact location but if you give it a few mins it will track yo... See more...
Hey Jeff, I don't even have VZ Nav installed on my Storm and Google maps me just fine.  Occasionally there is lag in pinpointing your exact location but if you give it a few mins it will track you down.  The first thing it does is give you a general location within X amount of meters before it actually pinpoints your location.  Have you tried waiting to see if it acquire your exact location before closing out of the program?  Have you checked all the settings to make sure everything is enabled for information exchange?  One thing that just popped into my head, is your location set to "on" or "911 only?"  This could be affecting you too.  Let us know.  
  BullZeye wrote: Actually, my 9530 did come with some training. The Verizon sales person that handled my purchase gave me a 45 minute walk-thru on my new "Storm"!...and I might add, one of ... See more...
  BullZeye wrote: Actually, my 9530 did come with some training. The Verizon sales person that handled my purchase gave me a 45 minute walk-thru on my new "Storm"!...and I might add, one of the best Smart phone's I have ever had.   Also if you need any kind of assistance or training as you call it with ANY of Verizon's products...all you have to do is walk in to ANY Verizon store and tell them you need some help. Simple as that!   Thanks Bullzeye for sharing your positive experience here, it's nice to know that there are VZW employees actually looking out for the customer.  I myself have almost always felt like they were looking out for me and when I purchased mine, I didn't get a 45 min walk through but the sales associate did go over some basics like closing out of programs and how to use certain features.  Thanks again.  
I don't understand this fascination with "Droid like" navigation....what difference does it make how your phone gets you there as long as u get there?  So what if it triangulates with cell towers... See more...
I don't understand this fascination with "Droid like" navigation....what difference does it make how your phone gets you there as long as u get there?  So what if it triangulates with cell towers instead of satellites, if you're lost and you have to use it, it's not going to make a difference is it?