Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,741 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

SuzyQ's Posts

As Ann154 said, the time is set at 30 seconds and can't be adjusted.  You may want to try a different ringtone (I use a song that plays continupusly until it goes to voicemail) if the issue is th... See more...
As Ann154 said, the time is set at 30 seconds and can't be adjusted.  You may want to try a different ringtone (I use a song that plays continupusly until it goes to voicemail) if the issue is that it there is not enough time or rings. If callers are complaining that its too long or short before voiceamil kicks in, there's not much you can do.  It's set at 30 seconds.
That would depend on what kind of backup and options you get with Carbonite and your smartphone. The Verizon cloud will backup your photos, contacts, text messages, and some other things, but ... See more...
That would depend on what kind of backup and options you get with Carbonite and your smartphone. The Verizon cloud will backup your photos, contacts, text messages, and some other things, but it is tied to your Verizon account - if you change providers, the data is useless.  And it is tied to your phone - not your laptop or other devices. IMO, Carbonite is a more flexible, robust, and complete backup system. I don't use Verizon Cloud; for my Android phone I use Google for contacts, and photos, and apps.  And at home I use external hard drives for my laptop backup.
Or you can dial your full 10-digit # from your cell phone, it will take you to voicemail.  Dialing your own # from any phone, then pressing # during your greeting will also get you into your voic... See more...
Or you can dial your full 10-digit # from your cell phone, it will take you to voicemail.  Dialing your own # from any phone, then pressing # during your greeting will also get you into your voicemail.
Not for me - I get the correct teams ... try clearing the app cache, or maybe restarting the phone?
Remove all apps expcept those you really use - there is not a lot of memory on the tablet. Run only one app at a time - these is very little RAM so more than one app open will slow it down a b... See more...
Remove all apps expcept those you really use - there is not a lot of memory on the tablet. Run only one app at a time - these is very little RAM so more than one app open will slow it down a bunch. It probably will not get updates to the latest Android OS as it doesn't have the processing power or RAM to run it.  It's not going to get much faster; the solution is a better tablet, unfortunately.
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: ... In the meantime, a possible alternative may be to add more spacing (perhaps tapping the space bar 10-20 times) where you had hoped to add a line... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: ... In the meantime, a possible alternative may be to add more spacing (perhaps tapping the space bar 10-20 times) where you had hoped to add a line break. ??? Seriously ???
What phone do you have?  Android is pretty straightforward:  How to Back Up an Android Phone on the Google Cloud For an iPhone, see Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad - Goog... See more...
What phone do you have?  Android is pretty straightforward:  How to Back Up an Android Phone on the Google Cloud For an iPhone, see Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad - Google Drive Help
Take the phone away?  I don't think there is a way to prevent wifi access other than turning it off on the phone (and then he can easily turn it back on). How old is your son?  Is taking the p... See more...
Take the phone away?  I don't think there is a way to prevent wifi access other than turning it off on the phone (and then he can easily turn it back on). How old is your son?  Is taking the phone away a viable option?
You can't, as the number is unknown. There are 3rd party services (like YouMail) that allow you to greet unknown callers with a message asking them to unblock the number, or simply hangs up on... See more...
You can't, as the number is unknown. There are 3rd party services (like YouMail) that allow you to greet unknown callers with a message asking them to unblock the number, or simply hangs up on them.  If I don't recognize a number, or if it is blocked, I just don't answer, figuring they'll leave avoicemail if it's important.
MIKHAN31 wrote: My tablet randomly shuts down for no apparent reason ... Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? We have both the Ellipsis 8 and 10 - and they bot... See more...
MIKHAN31 wrote: My tablet randomly shuts down for no apparent reason ... Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? We have both the Ellipsis 8 and 10 - and they both do this, randomly (as far as we can tell) whenever they feel like it.  We don't do much video, I use my 8 mostly for Kindle and reading books, and hubby uses his 10 for Facebook (which does have videos) but it still does this. Solution?  All I've been able to do is turn it back on and pick up where I left off.  Frustrating, yes.  I don't know why it happens, and I can't predict when it will happen.  When it does, I just wait it out and turn it back on. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but it's all I have to offer.  Wish I could be of more help ...
If the texts were iMessages, or antoher texting app that uses data (Facebook messenger, for example), they will not show up as texts, but as data use.
He would need to go to AT&T, and request the number be ported to an AT&T account.  The phone may or may not be compatible,as Verizon and AT&T use different technologies for cell service.  What is... See more...
He would need to go to AT&T, and request the number be ported to an AT&T account.  The phone may or may not be compatible,as Verizon and AT&T use different technologies for cell service.  What is the phone in question? The number port will cancel the service with Verizon, and any ETF fees or balance due on the phone payment plan will need to be paid to Verizon.
Yes, you can (and should) use your own SIM as long as it still works.
Can you disable the other texting app?
Too many open apps?  Not enough memory or RAM on the phone? It means just what it says, resource (memory, computing power) shortage - trying to do too much at the same time.
Ads for ... ?  I don't think it's the texting app, as I use that and am not hampered by ads.  It may be a free game or other app you've added recently if they've just started appearing.  Free app... See more...
Ads for ... ?  I don't think it's the texting app, as I use that and am not hampered by ads.  It may be a free game or other app you've added recently if they've just started appearing.  Free apps are free, but some come with ads that go away when you buy the full version. It may be hard to determine which app, but I would start with any free games or free apps you may have downloaded recently, disable those and re-enable one ata time until you find the culprit.
Download the photos to your computer, save them there, or to an external drive, or burn them to a CD or DVD.  Once you are sure they are saved and you can view them, then delete them from the clo... See more...
Download the photos to your computer, save them there, or to an external drive, or burn them to a CD or DVD.  Once you are sure they are saved and you can view them, then delete them from the cloud. If they are still on your phone, they may re-appear in the cloud when it syncs with your phone.  If you don't want them back on the cloud, then they need to be off yourphoen as well, or set your options not to back up those items.
I think what you are looking for is the ability to customize your Share Name ID - Share Name ID FAQs | Verizon Wireless Does that help?
"downloading" to your phone is just going to sync with the info that is stored in the clould - photos, music, etc, so it will all be on your phone  wherever you have your photos, music, and other... See more...
"downloading" to your phone is just going to sync with the info that is stored in the clould - photos, music, etc, so it will all be on your phone  wherever you have your photos, music, and other data stored.  A better option would be to download the photos, music, etc to your computer (in the downloads folder or someplace where you know where you store them) and then delete them from the cloud.  If they are downloaded to your phone, and your phone is still set to sync with the cloud, then the files will still be in the cloud.  Delete them, it'll sync with your phone, and they will be right back. To get them off the could, you need to get them off the phone as well, and the best place to store them is on the computer, an external drive, or burn them to a CD or DVD.
If you mean speaking into the phone and having it convert your speech to text - tap the micrphone on your keyboard to enable speech to text. If you don't see a microphone, long press the butto... See more...
If you mean speaking into the phone and having it convert your speech to text - tap the micrphone on your keyboard to enable speech to text. If you don't see a microphone, long press the buttons near the spacebar; depending on your specific keyboard, one should pop up with a microphone option.  Tap that, and it should allopw you to speak instead of type your messages.