Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,103 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

SuzyQ's Posts

I, too, got the same email recently.  I wasn't happy about each of my 7 lines increasing by $3, so I started looking at options, and the new MyPlan with Unlimited Welcome and Unlimited Plus, vs what ... See more...
I, too, got the same email recently.  I wasn't happy about each of my 7 lines increasing by $3, so I started looking at options, and the new MyPlan with Unlimited Welcome and Unlimited Plus, vs what we now have. I switched 2 lines to Unlimited Welcome, so from the current $30 it dropped to $27 (auto pay, paperless, 5G Start plans), and we lost the hotspot, that I rarely use except when traveling, and I can add it as needed once or twice a year...no biggie.  We are looking to add an 8th line, at the $27, and if I don't see a huge difference in the service I will likely be switching all lines to Unlimited Welcome before the 8/29 increase. I have noticed that internet on the phone seems sluggish since the switch a few days ago.  Signal is strong, but pages take longer to load.  At home on our wifi all is good.  Is the plain vanilla 5G on Unlimited Wecome that much different than 5GStart?  Is there any throttling involved vs the Unlimited Plus 5G Ultra Wideband?  It prbably wouldn't matter on most of the lines, but some may be unhappy with slower/sluggish internet on the phone.  Calls, texting, seem OK. I'd be interested to hear others' experiences after switching to the new plan(s). 
@LUGO0015 wrote: we have 4 cell phones and we're paying over $220 per month, , how can I lower my bill. I already changed my method of payment with my personal checking account, and eliminated ho... See more...
@LUGO0015 wrote: we have 4 cell phones and we're paying over $220 per month, , how can I lower my bill. I already changed my method of payment with my personal checking account, and eliminated hotspot from 3 of the 4 cell phones   As Ann154 said, without knowing more details we can't give specific advice.   How much of that $220 is device payments and how much is your actual plan cost?  Can you reduce your data usage, only buy what you need? We have 5 phones and pay $200, 4 lines on GoUnlimited @$40.00 and one line on $35 using the mix n match pricing, add in taxes and fees and our bill is a little more or less than $200.  With 4 phones and paying $220, it sounds like you have device payments, or much more data than we do. If you can provide a few more details, we can help you better.  How much data do you use in a month?  
@Looneyman wrote: Is anyone aware if Google has resolved the issues with Android 10 effectively turning all generations of the Pixel and Pixel XL's into very expensive paperweights?  I have t... See more...
@Looneyman wrote: Is anyone aware if Google has resolved the issues with Android 10 effectively turning all generations of the Pixel and Pixel XL's into very expensive paperweights?  I have the original Pixel, and got the notice that Android 10 was ready to download and install, but I happened to be out of town for several days and didn't want to be without a phone, you know, just in case something went wrong withthe upgrade process... About mid-September I went ahead and did the upgrade, and it went smoothly, without a hitch.  I haven't had any data or signal issueseither.  I got lucky?  Or there are just a small percentage of overall users who did have issues and theyare, naturally, the most vocal about problems.  You don't hear when things go right, just when things go wrong.
Everyone hates robo calls and scam calls.  They are annoying, disruptive, and can be criminal when they successfully scam someone.   What can I do to lessen their impact on the use of my phone and my... See more...
Everyone hates robo calls and scam calls.  They are annoying, disruptive, and can be criminal when they successfully scam someone.   What can I do to lessen their impact on the use of my phone and my day to day life? First, I don't answer calls from a number I don't recognize or have in my contact list.  I can silence or mute the ring sound with one touch; if the caller is legit I'll get a voicemail and I can respond by calling back.  If the voicemail is garbage, I can delete it.  Typically, scammers or robocalls will NOT leave a voicemail. I've also used YouMail and the DitchMail feature (it's all free).  You get a call from a restricted/unknown number, it will play a polite message asking the caller to please unblock their number and call back, and then hangs up on them with no option to leave a voicemail.  And if a call comes in from a known scammer number (marked as such by other callers), it will play the three tones and then "We're sorry, but the number you have called is no longer in service.  Please check the number and dial again." For every trick the phone companies come up with to try and stop these guys, they'll find a way around it (spoofing, for example, so it appears to be a known number or similar to known numbers).  Similar to email scams, where the email seems to come from someone you know, the calls seem to come from your contacts or local numbers.  What I can do is ignore and not let them annoy me; it's going to happen so silence the ringer on that call, and go on.
Possibly pro-rating for a partial month initially, and the full month NEXT billing cycle?
I use Avast! AV on my Google Pixel, and I did the update to Pie yesterday without incident, or any notification of a virus. I did find this on the McAfee site:  McAfee software uses our Glob... See more...
I use Avast! AV on my Google Pixel, and I did the update to Pie yesterday without incident, or any notification of a virus. I did find this on the McAfee site:  McAfee software uses our Global Threat Intelligence (GTI, formerly Artemis) technology for enhanced detection of unknown threats based on the behavior of the file. Artemis is included in the detection name for any file that is quarantined or blocked by GTI. Artemis in this case is not the name of a virus or malware; it indicates that something else was quarantined or blocked by GTI
They would likely go to the downloads folder of your phone, or your computer, if you are accessing the Verizon cloud on your account via your laptop.  You may also have set the photos to go to yo... See more...
They would likely go to the downloads folder of your phone, or your computer, if you are accessing the Verizon cloud on your account via your laptop.  You may also have set the photos to go to your Google, iTunes, or other cloud account (depending on your phone).
If you log in to the cloud app on your phone, then tap the three bars ont he top left of the app screen, then go to Settings on the menu that comes up. There you can set what you want to back up,... See more...
If you log in to the cloud app on your phone, then tap the three bars ont he top left of the app screen, then go to Settings on the menu that comes up. There you can set what you want to back up, and how and when you want the backup to occur.
What phones do they have?  Do they have GPS capability, and if so, so they have location turned on for their phone(s)?  Is the companion app installe don their phones?
As I understand it, contacts will still be backed up, regardless if you opt for paid storage or not.  You will only pay if you want to store things other than your contact list, like photos, vide... See more...
As I understand it, contacts will still be backed up, regardless if you opt for paid storage or not.  You will only pay if you want to store things other than your contact list, like photos, videos, music, documents, etc. Tikibar1 made an excellent suggestion - use Google, OneDrive, DropBox, iTunes, or other cloud services instead for all your data. It's carrier independent and accessible from multiple devices. 
That's because the BB Curve 8530 does not havesupport a mobile hotspot. See: Mobile Hotspot - BlackBerry Devices | Verizon Wireless
You have too many devices connected/paired with one Verizon # for Messages+, it sounds like.  I believe there is a imit of 5 devices; check on your phone, the primary number devices are syncing t... See more...
You have too many devices connected/paired with one Verizon # for Messages+, it sounds like.  I believe there is a imit of 5 devices; check on your phone, the primary number devices are syncing to.  See how many devices are connected to that number and remove the ones you no longer need to free up a slot for additional devices.
Check the network settings, ensure that your preferred network is set to LTE/CDMA.  System updates tend to reset things, and this can cause the behavior you are seeing. You can also try removi... See more...
Check the network settings, ensure that your preferred network is set to LTE/CDMA.  System updates tend to reset things, and this can cause the behavior you are seeing. You can also try removing and then re-seating the SIM card; it may have come loose and isn't connecting properly.
The previous advice on activating and connecting to your hotspot is good.  My question to you is this: "How do you intend to use the hotspot?"  To connect your computer/laptop?  Be aware that wil... See more...
The previous advice on activating and connecting to your hotspot is good.  My question to you is this: "How do you intend to use the hotspot?"  To connect your computer/laptop?  Be aware that will use data at a rate greater than 2GB a month, most likely.  What will you do on the computer when connected?  If it's merely checking email and some social media, then you are going to use less data by connecting through email and apps on the phone.  A bit more information will help us guide you to the most efficient use of your 2GB data plan!
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: ... The iPhone SE is a 4G device, and 4G Prepaid devices are restricted to 1 month of fully funded use on Prepaid service. This does not mean th... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote: ... The iPhone SE is a 4G device, and 4G Prepaid devices are restricted to 1 month of fully funded use on Prepaid service. This does not mean that you must use the phone on prepaid service for a month, but a month's payment is necessary to unlock the phone. After the device is active and the 1 month/funded plan payment is processed it can take up to 48 hours for the device to be fully unlockedfor postpaid. Once it's unlocked it can be activated on a Postpaid account.  If this is true, I stand corrected ...
stef7 wrote: Yes, it's rather counter-intuitive that a limited plan will provide faster speeds. In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. You j... See more...
stef7 wrote: Yes, it's rather counter-intuitive that a limited plan will provide faster speeds. In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. You just have to feel for the customers, right? I'm not disagreeing with you, at all.  In fact, I Have the same concerns about the language and the way the Go Unlimited is being advertised and implemented.  Go Unlmited data is lower ont he priority pole than my 4GB plan?  Even though they pay more?  What "other traffic" gets priority? If, in fact, ADPW1980 is on the Go Unlimited, it could explain the data speeds that seem slow all the time.  Go Unlimited basically gets NO data guaranteed at 4G LTE speeds.  If I'm reading the FAQ correctly. And hotspot at 600Kbps from the get go is not worth anything.
Are you on the Go Unlimited or the Beyond Unlimited?  That WILL make a difference in your speeds.  Go Unlimited costs less for a reason ...
ADPW1980 wrote: No certain time of day. This happens around the clock. I'm working from 7 am to 11 am and data is spotty and slow. I'm working again from 7 pm to 12 pm or later and data i... See more...
ADPW1980 wrote: No certain time of day. This happens around the clock. I'm working from 7 am to 11 am and data is spotty and slow. I'm working again from 7 pm to 12 pm or later and data is slow and spotty then as well. I've also noticed data to be slow at other times throughout the day. If you are consistently using only 2-3 GB per month, why are you on an unlimited plan?  The Medium, 4GB plan at $50, with carryover and safety mode, should be more than adequate, and no worries about throttling or slowdowns.  We have 3 of us on the 4GB plan, and it works just fine.
Are you a Straight Talk customer/account holder?  Then yes.  If you are a regular, post-paid Verizon account customer, then the Straight talk phone needs to be used on a pre-paid (Straight Ta... See more...
Are you a Straight Talk customer/account holder?  Then yes.  If you are a regular, post-paid Verizon account customer, then the Straight talk phone needs to be used on a pre-paid (Straight Talk) account for 6 months before you can use it on a post-paid account.
Thumb drive (as in USB drive) - no.  You can adda micro SD card for storing photos, docs, and some data.