You do not get $750 off another phone. You need to pay that $750 up front and then Verizon will pay it back to you over the next two years. And then there's that whole extra line thing. Me and my wif... See more...
You do not get $750 off another phone. You need to pay that $750 up front and then Verizon will pay it back to you over the next two years. And then there's that whole extra line thing. Me and my wife have two Verizon phones, so what would I need another line for? Two S10s are two grand, then I'd get $750 over the next two years, dribbled back at $31.25 per month. Alternatively I can get two unlocked S10s for $1700 at Best Buy and I'll be $300 better off immediately. Depends whether you mind spending $2,000 to have locked phones. We have two locked S7s now and it has never bothered us.
Why would I go for unlocked? Because it's substantially cheaper and I don't use the Verizon bloatware anyway. Why would I want to pay extra to use features that cost extra and don't do anything I nee... See more...
Why would I go for unlocked? Because it's substantially cheaper and I don't use the Verizon bloatware anyway. Why would I want to pay extra to use features that cost extra and don't do anything I need? And then there's the unlocked thing, once I have the cheaper phone, that is physically identical, I can then do what I like with it. Verizon charges way too much for offering the opportunity to make life easier and more lucrative for them.