Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,231 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

sps614's Posts

I just cleared this up myself - here's the problem: When you delete voicemails on your iPhone keep in mind that your phone is just a device.  It's SUPPOSED to link with your provider (e.g. Verizon) ... See more...
I just cleared this up myself - here's the problem: When you delete voicemails on your iPhone keep in mind that your phone is just a device.  It's SUPPOSED to link with your provider (e.g. Verizon) and instruct Verizon to delete the messages.  Often times, that instruction from your phone to your provider DOES NOT execute.  So the voicemail you thought you just deleted by swiping it on your iPhone is actually still logged/saved in your voicemail inbox which is managed by your provider on their server.  So what I did was dial *86 to access my voicemail (I have Verizon) and discovered I had 22 saved voicemails even though my iPhone was showing no voicemails saved.  Ergo the issue.  So when I called *86 to access my Verizon voicemail I had to manually delete (by pressing 7) all the saved voicemails.  You don't have to listen to the entire message, as soon as the voice says, "Message received...." just hit 7 and it'll delete.  Do this for all your unintentionally saved messages and you're good to go.  #annoying