Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,113 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

AARTUR48's Posts

Yes. Everything good. Lots of temp files were cleared, which seems to have fixed the gallery photos showing in odd order.
Ditto here. The Message+ app has stopped crashing and will usually pull up my gallery and so forth for posting. It sometimes does that in odd ways, with the photos in an odd order (rather than "m... See more...
Ditto here. The Message+ app has stopped crashing and will usually pull up my gallery and so forth for posting. It sometimes does that in odd ways, with the photos in an odd order (rather than "most recent"). Still cannot access the gallery from Instagram, FB, and others.
So far my best workaround has been to load photos in the Gallery app and use the share button to send it to another app (Message+, FB, etc), which only occasionally crashes. The same works for Go... See more...
So far my best workaround has been to load photos in the Gallery app and use the share button to send it to another app (Message+, FB, etc), which only occasionally crashes. The same works for Google Drive and Dropbox. This means that using a photo as a response to a FB or Twitter post isn't possible, but it does allow photos to be used for original posts. Better than nothing for now. Because the built-in message app is SLOW to use (very, very slow: I look at blank "loading" screens continually and for several seconds (up to a minute) at a time) it is largely useless for quick communications. So I continue to use Message+, which is quick(ish) and still shows attachments. That slow built-in app is why I went to Message+ in the first place. Plus Message+ can be synched across devices allowing me to use my desktop or tablet in tandem.
Message+ appears to function normally when in safe mode. Most of the other apps that are affected by this problem aren't available in safe mode.
I've gone ahead and called out @VerizonSupport on Twitter for not seeming to think this is important. You all should do the same.
The issue started the night before I found this post and responded to it. So that's about two days now. It doesn't seem to matter what network I'm on, whether it's my in-home or public WiFi or th... See more...
The issue started the night before I found this post and responded to it. So that's about two days now. It doesn't seem to matter what network I'm on, whether it's my in-home or public WiFi or the Verizon network. I can receive picture messages and can even send them if I use the in-gallery "share" option and select "Message+" but cannot attach directly from Message+. Basically whenever I press the "attach" button (the big +) the app crashes. In Facebook, Instagram, and other apps when I attempt to post a photo via the camera button or + button in those apps, they show a blank area where the gallery would usually be shown and a symbol saying there is nothing on the phone. Because this seems to be universal to the phone rather than app-specific, I'm making the guess that it's related to the latest Android update (which went live a few days ago) and the file system itself, not the Message+ app in particular. The standard built-in messaging app on the phone will work, but runs very slowly when I attempt to attach anything and does not show access to "sent-received" photos/images, only to things saved on my phone or its SD card.
I'm having the same issue as Fiskwill without having forced any updates. I very much suspect that Smithersss is correct on this one and it's an Android issue rather than with the Message+ app. I ... See more...
I'm having the same issue as Fiskwill without having forced any updates. I very much suspect that Smithersss is correct on this one and it's an Android issue rather than with the Message+ app. I can no longer directly attach files from gallery/file system in Instagram, Facebook, and several other apps. Because this began happening shortly after the latest Android update.. At any rate, we're at 24 hours since the original post and still no Verizon response here. Not even a "we're checking on this" or "new update being worked on now.." 😕
Exact same problem here. Just started happening yesterday afternoon. No changes to the phone, which is fully up to date (LG V20) and no changes to Message+ either. I tried rebooting the phone a c... See more...
Exact same problem here. Just started happening yesterday afternoon. No changes to the phone, which is fully up to date (LG V20) and no changes to Message+ either. I tried rebooting the phone a couple of times, but that didn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled Message+, but that did nothing to fix this. Note: canned help desk responses about restarting phones or reinstalling app will be openly mocked.