My new phone worked correctly from day one, presumably because I freshly installed all of my apps.  The only problem that I still have is issue #2 from JAYNEW20's above post.
Everything that JAYNEW20 outlined also pertains to my phone.  I also upgraded my phone yesterday to the Essential Phone, coming from my BlackBerry Priv. The only thing that's no longer applicable... Ver más...
Everything that JAYNEW20 outlined also pertains to my phone.  I also upgraded my phone yesterday to the Essential Phone, coming from my BlackBerry Priv. The only thing that's no longer applicable is the star on the Message Plus icon, but as of yesterday, that problem persisted on my old phone.
My phone also started having this issue last week.  Nothing changed during that time, unless the VZ Messages app was updated int the background.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app also worked... Ver más...
My phone also started having this issue last week.  Nothing changed during that time, unless the VZ Messages app was updated int the background.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app also worked for me. Not that it matters, but I have a Blackberry Priv.  Given that it's an extremely rare phone, this just about confirms it's a widespread app issue.