Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,777 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DAVHOW63's Posts

LAST follow up.  After working with Verizon second level support we determined that the phone needs to be turned off and back on when changing from one (?group of ??) cell tower to another.  Sinc... See more...
LAST follow up.  After working with Verizon second level support we determined that the phone needs to be turned off and back on when changing from one (?group of ??) cell tower to another.  Since we travel between the middle of California (near Sacramento) to the west coast (near Mendocino) we pass through several dead spots we expect to continue to have the issue.  Verizon (Hannah) said the phone was not defective - it just needs to be reset (off and on) when we travel.  This is not a satisfactory answer - but what can we do.  I still have to pay for the phone ($7/month).  I have purchased a Samsung S8 (refurbished) and used the SIM from the J3 - so now have a working phone without the issue. CASE CLOSED
This is a follow up reply.  Same phone, same issue.  I have been working with Verizon level 2 support to resolve this issue.  We replaced the phone; same problem.  Replaced the SIM (the phone rep... See more...
This is a follow up reply.  Same phone, same issue.  I have been working with Verizon level 2 support to resolve this issue.  We replaced the phone; same problem.  Replaced the SIM (the phone replacement used the same SIM); same problem.  Level 2 attempted to reset the phone because it wasn't registering with towers properly; same problem.  Usually, after a fix attempt the phone works fine for a few days, then fails.  Each week we travel from west coast of CA to home near Sacramento, going through several dead spots.  Problem reappears reliably after the travel. 
Same phone, same problem.  Got replacement same phone under warranty - same problem.  When we power off then on the phone is OK for few days, then problem back.  Can "ask google" and get answer s... See more...
Same phone, same problem.  Got replacement same phone under warranty - same problem.  When we power off then on the phone is OK for few days, then problem back.  Can "ask google" and get answer so speaker and mic are fine.  Called for support:  Turn off advanced calling: settings:advanced calling.  Problem went away but went to 1x instead of 4G.  Transferred to Verizon level 2 support.  Phone is out of sync with roaming list and hasn't registered with towers.  Technician reloaded phone settings and "forced" something.  Problem appears fixed but will have to follow up in a few days to see if it comes back.