Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.9K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

WHOSTHEMASTER's Posts

Contacting the FCC is a great option.  I've done this before.  Hopefully you get this resolved.
Take record of when you are having problems.  Typically there will be a pattern.  Sluggishness of internet via cellular is usually due to over utilization or rather insufficient capacity to h... See more...
Take record of when you are having problems.  Typically there will be a pattern.  Sluggishness of internet via cellular is usually due to over utilization or rather insufficient capacity to handle the number of users at that particular time.  I've personally had experience with another company that offered cellular internet for my office.  Worked great in the beginning.  As they continued to add more customers in the area, the speed slowed down to a point where I had to switch providers. 
Can you clarify the type of internet connection you have?  For example, ADSL, Cable, Sat, Cellular......
The Q10 is no longer being activated but according to VZW if it is currently active on the network, it will continue to work beyond 2019.  It is under debate whether the Q10 is capable of VoLTE b... See more...
The Q10 is no longer being activated but according to VZW if it is currently active on the network, it will continue to work beyond 2019.  It is under debate whether the Q10 is capable of VoLTE but considering that it will work after the transition from CDMA, it is.
VZW will not activate the BB Classic.  But if it is currently active on the network and is capable of utilizing the 4G network, it will continue to be operational on the network beyond 2019.  Pho... See more...
VZW will not activate the BB Classic.  But if it is currently active on the network and is capable of utilizing the 4G network, it will continue to be operational on the network beyond 2019.  Phones that are utilizing only CDMA will no longer work after 2019.  These are the words of a VZW rep.  But then again, during this transition, you will get many different answers depending on which rep you speak with. VoLTE capability is irrelevant.  VZW policy trumps.
VZW customer service can be hit and miss.  Sometimes the hold times are frustrating enough when trying to resolve an issue.  VZW is a large company with many departments and employees with variou... See more...
VZW customer service can be hit and miss.  Sometimes the hold times are frustrating enough when trying to resolve an issue.  VZW is a large company with many departments and employees with various degrees of authority to offer considerations. I have to agree with the previous commenter on this one.  Check the website for new promotions that you may be qualified to take advantage.  It's just the way it works.
As a consumer, I can empathize with your frustrations.  Not receiving services that you are paying for is never an ideal situation.  We've all been their. A) Posting on a forum was most likel... See more...
As a consumer, I can empathize with your frustrations.  Not receiving services that you are paying for is never an ideal situation.  We've all been their. A) Posting on a forum was most likely not your first attempt to resolve this issue.  Rather your last.  There are customer service representatives that do chime in once in a while.  So I think this is the perfect place to vent and see if there are others that are experiencing the same issues.  Good to have consensus.  B) Looking at your time stamp, I thinking you may have created two posts or modified the title since it's not possible to follow up prior to you posting.  Besides, when you've been frustrated for an extended period of time with an issue, nothing faster than an instant response will do. C) I would recommend you start documenting dates and times of when you are experiencing issues.  You may find a pattern.  Documentation will be good to have as you start communicating with higher levels of tech support.  It's a long climb to the promised land but it is possible.  Congestion during normal utilization is never excusable.  Increase capacity. 
I am simply asking you to do the same thing with your claims as you did me when I shared my opinion regarding VZW policy. I'll also have to disagree with you about the tone of my replies.  Severa... See more...
I am simply asking you to do the same thing with your claims as you did me when I shared my opinion regarding VZW policy. I'll also have to disagree with you about the tone of my replies.  Several times, I've tried to de-escalate this discussion only to be challenged repeatedly with unjustified accusations of my intent. The only answer that I have been given about this topic is that my phone is not supported.  It is not clear whether the lack of support is due to technology or policy.  That still has not been made clear by VZQ.  I'm not without understanding.  I may not like it but it is their prerogative to do so.  I just don't want to be misinformed when I'm reading the reason why the Q10 should be VoLTE capable.  If the Q10 is VoLTE capable, I want to know.  If it is not, there should be a technical answer somewhere as to the reason why not and close the book on this talk.  The best I think we will get from VZW is the answer posted by VZW Network Engineer on reddit that both the phone's firmware has to be capable of VoLTE and the network has to be provisioned allow a device to utilize VoLTE on the network. There is a lot of good information being posted about this topic on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/adxa86/verizon_no_longer_supporting_select_4g_lte_phones/ I would recommend that anybody that is not interested in reading boringusername and I bicker, to go there and get some knowledge.
In your words, "prove it".  You have been more argumentative than helpful. I guarantee as long as I keep posting here, you as a verizon troll will keep muddying this discussion.  Again fo... See more...
In your words, "prove it".  You have been more argumentative than helpful. I guarantee as long as I keep posting here, you as a verizon troll will keep muddying this discussion.  Again for those that want to follow what's really being talked about, take a look on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/adxa86/verizon_no_longer_supporting_select_4g_lte_phones/
Not looking for a different answer boringusername aka verizon.  Looking for the truth.  What's your goal other than muddying up the discussion?  I posted on reddit because it's a larger community... See more...
Not looking for a different answer boringusername aka verizon.  Looking for the truth.  What's your goal other than muddying up the discussion?  I posted on reddit because it's a larger community than this and perhaps it will have more knowledgeable people than I. It should be very easy for a verizon engineer to provide a definitive technical answer to the question of whether a phone is capable of VoLTE or not.  But, I have yet to be given one.  I actually like being challenged.  Very stubborn that way.  Makes me want to dig into it more.  So I'm just going to try to keep opinions out of it and provide information that is as factual as I can.  Here are the specs for the Q10 that I found on gsmarena.com provided by another user: Technology GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - all versions CDMA 800 / 1900 - SQN100-2, SQN100-4 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - SQN100-1 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - SQN100-2, SQN100-3, SQN100-4 HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - SQN100-5 4G bands LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 17(700) - SQN100-1, SQN100-5 LTE band 4(1700/2100), 13(700) - SQN100-2 LTE band 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - SQN100-3 LTE band 25(1900) - SQN100-4 Speed EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps, HSPA, LTE (market dependent) GPRS Yes EDGE Yes If you can identify what the Q10 doesn't have to make it not compatible with VoLTE, let us know.  I will continue all further discussions about this issue on reddit.  For those that are interested:  https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/adxa86/verizon_no_longer_supporting_select_4g_lte_phones/ Notice I changed the title to more accurately reflect the discussion.  Did that just for you.
Dexman, You would know more about your S4 than I would.  I've read in many instances where people have mentioned that their phone is not compatible because it utilizes the CDMA radio.  I d... See more...
Dexman, You would know more about your S4 than I would.  I've read in many instances where people have mentioned that their phone is not compatible because it utilizes the CDMA radio.  I don't think the utilization of CDMA should be a criteria for determining whether or not a phone is VoLTE compatible.  Take for instance the Iphone 6.  It uses CDMA and also capable of 4G LTE / VoLTE.  I've come to the conclusion that compatibility does not equate to support.  I wish that Verizion would just come out and say that they've decided to not support a particular phone rather than incorrectly telling people their technology is out dated.  It would prevent obsessive people like us trying to convince customer service that our phones are compatible.  On a different note, I'm concerned what happens now when 4G signals are not available in an area.  You would at least get 3G or 1x for voice.  
Dexman it also looks like your S4 is VoLTE capable. But again it takes both your phone and the willingness of Verizon to make it work. 
Still waiting Verizon.  Or do you just post saying that you are concerned just for show?
Dexman Im pretty tech savvy but no where close to being knowledgeable enough about radio frequencies to explain which frequencies show compatibility with VoLTE. The community where I get help ... See more...
Dexman Im pretty tech savvy but no where close to being knowledgeable enough about radio frequencies to explain which frequencies show compatibility with VoLTE. The community where I get help for my blackberry is crackberry. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q10-f272/ That link should get you started if you choose to scratch that itch. They have some really smart people there. Most of their comments are over my head but have never steared me the wrong direction. Discussions go back to 2012 regarding VoLTE. I’ve looked through many discussions about the Q10. Identifying which version Q10 I have. I followed the comments to verify if my Q10 is connected to Verizon’s advanced LTE features. So up to the reader to decide if my comments have merit or if Verizon through policy has just decided not to include the Q10 as one of the phones they will not support. 
check the manufacture specs to see if it is VoLTE capable. Verizon is requiring both 4G LTE and VoLTE. My Q10 does both contrary to what another is stating.  On my blackberry q10, compatabili... See more...
check the manufacture specs to see if it is VoLTE capable. Verizon is requiring both 4G LTE and VoLTE. My Q10 does both contrary to what another is stating.  On my blackberry q10, compatability can be conformed by going to network and connectivity settings. There will be a line item IMS. If it says disconnected, version is not supporting it. If it says connected, the phone is compatible and connected to VoLTE. Bit what ive found out is that know that it’s compatible just made me more upset.
The rabbit hole that is the Internet forums. The title is correct.  Verizon is not activating the Q10, which is 4g LTE and VoLTE compatible.  You may be correct about the age of the model, ho... See more...
The rabbit hole that is the Internet forums. The title is correct.  Verizon is not activating the Q10, which is 4g LTE and VoLTE compatible.  You may be correct about the age of the model, however not everyone gets phones when they first come out. In regards to getting their moneys worth, to each their own. Again what you say say are truths but not relevant to a company forcing you to use something else when the technology completely current.  Im done with this board.  You Can comment all you want.  Get the last word. You win.
Fail.  Trade the post.
Although your comment may be true, it’s irrelevant. I’m not complaining that my flip phone is no longer being supported. The Blackberry Q10 is still current technology. It supports both 4G LTE an... See more...
Although your comment may be true, it’s irrelevant. I’m not complaining that my flip phone is no longer being supported. The Blackberry Q10 is still current technology. It supports both 4G LTE and VoLTE. Verizon is just choosing not to support it.  In myopinion, the Q10 is comparable to an IPhone 6S.
Been with Verizon for over 15 years.  Regularly upgrading phones and plans.  Currently have 7 lines.  So I've seen just about everything Verizon has to offer. Today I spent over 2 hours on the... See more...
Been with Verizon for over 15 years.  Regularly upgrading phones and plans.  Currently have 7 lines.  So I've seen just about everything Verizon has to offer. Today I spent over 2 hours on the phone being on hold and speaking with a customer service rep and the technical support department.  Unfortunately, I was not successful transferring a Blackberry Q10 between two lines.  Though the Q10 is a fully functioning smart phone capable of utilizing the 4G LTE network, Verizon has decided to no longer allow this phone to be "activated" on a new line.  The reason I was provided for why my Q10 would not be supported was not clear.  I needed to search the Internet for an acceptable answer. Verizon will no longer activate a phone that is incapable of supporting 4G LTE AND VoLTE.  The best way I can explain VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is like voice over IP where internet companies offer telephone services.  Upon further research, my Q10 does support VoLTE.  I've confirmed this in the network settings: IMS Status connected. So why has Verizon decided to push obsolescence on this phone, which I paid them good money to use on their network?  This is the type of business practice and service that will make me take all my 7 lines to another company.  In the past that consideration would have been very difficult to impossible.  But since Verizon has committed to moving away from CDMA it makes it very simple for Verizon phones to be compatible with many other providers. Verizon, if any of what I'm saying is incorrect, please chime in.