My original post below was never answered. Two weeks pass by and nobody is pro-active enough to follow up on this issue. Four different employee representatives ask questions and never respond wh... Ver más...
My original post below was never answered. Two weeks pass by and nobody is pro-active enough to follow up on this issue. Four different employee representatives ask questions and never respond when I answer them. I am still waiting for an answer. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/964069
Thanks for trying to provide a solution Siroakley, but it did not solve my problem. You've shown more effort than any of the verizon employees who commented on this thread and never followed up. ... Ver más...
Thanks for trying to provide a solution Siroakley, but it did not solve my problem. You've shown more effort than any of the verizon employees who commented on this thread and never followed up. It has been a week and I am still unable to log into my account. The problem is still open and I am still seeking a response and solution.
If you know how important it is for us to be able to access our My Verizon account, then why haven't you addressed my issue or help me fix it?  You're trying to help someone else in the thread th... Ver más...
If you know how important it is for us to be able to access our My Verizon account, then why haven't you addressed my issue or help me fix it?  You're trying to help someone else in the thread that I created.  I still cannot log in and you guys have yet to provide any help.
AntonioC, my account is part of the postpaid service. I would like to pay my bill on time and I'd also like to view the bill. I'm having problems logging into my account to view my bill.
Katim, I get the same message when i use the application to access My Verizon.
I'm still waiting for an update.  I still cannot log in.
The last time I was able to successfully log in was 3 weeks ago, to pay the bill.  I've tried using firefox, chrome and internet explorer.  All 3 gave me the same problem.  I tried using it on an... Ver más...
The last time I was able to successfully log in was 3 weeks ago, to pay the bill.  I've tried using firefox, chrome and internet explorer.  All 3 gave me the same problem.  I tried using it on another computer and my phone.  Still the same problem.  I tried using my 10 digit phone number to log in and i still had the same problem.  I believe this is an issue on your end.  Please help, i just want to pay my bill on time.
When I try to log into my account I get the message below.  I've been trying to log into my account every day for the past week.  Please help. My Verizon is temporarily unavailable Thank you... Ver más...
When I try to log into my account I get the message below.  I've been trying to log into my account every day for the past week.  Please help. My Verizon is temporarily unavailable Thank you for signing to My Verizon. Actualmente, algunas actividades de la cuenta no están disponibles mientras actualizamos nuestros sistemas. We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to serving you more fully the next time you sign in. The following My Verizon options are still available. My Bill View My Bill My Device My Cloud Media & Contacts Shop the Latest Explore Phones & Devices