Have you tried the rice trick? Worked for me when I accidently washed my blackberry pearl in the washing machine.  Take the battery out, and put the phone in either a bowl or baggie filled wit... Ver más...
Have you tried the rice trick? Worked for me when I accidently washed my blackberry pearl in the washing machine.  Take the battery out, and put the phone in either a bowl or baggie filled with dry rice. The object is to keep the phone totally covered by the rice. Leave it for several days, and then try putting the battery back in.  I did this, and my phone, although showing a red water damage indicator, works perfectly.
I don't know about the 8130 being an Altel phone. I've had it for almost 2 years now (It seems so small and ancient compared to the new blackberrys!). I'm not sure I remember exactly how I got to... Ver más...
I don't know about the 8130 being an Altel phone. I've had it for almost 2 years now (It seems so small and ancient compared to the new blackberrys!). I'm not sure I remember exactly how I got to the site, but I think I went to verizonwireless.com from my phone, and it offered me the option to download My Verizon. If that doesn't work for you, I would suggest doing an internet search from your phone for My Verizon.  p.s. I was going to add that I didn't realize that we could use Vcast with our blackberrys, but then I remembered that Verizon discontinued Vcast recently. If you already had it, you would keep it, but it wasn't going to be offered anymore. At least that's what a customer service rep told us when my daughter cancelled hers and then tried to get it added back on.