Yes Natasha. I am sure that my phone is not broken as I used good cover to take care of it. I was surprised to see that my screen is broken. Unfortunately, I did not take photographs before send... Ver más...
Yes Natasha. I am sure that my phone is not broken as I used good cover to take care of it. I was surprised to see that my screen is broken. Unfortunately, I did not take photographs before sending the phone to you to justify my statement as I didn't expect that I will end up in this situation and somehow I thought the process will be smooth. Well, I was sad to see broken phone pictures from you and I don't know what to say. As there is no option to get back my phone, I accepted what I got. Even I tried to delete my comment on blog as It's my mistake that I sent it without taking photographs. I am fine if you can delete my comment in the community. Please let me know if you need anything else from my side. Gracias
The same thing happened to me. I sent my iPhone 7 32GB phone which is in very good condition and they downgraded value saying that the screen is broken. Did not expect this from Verizon. Now you ... Ver más...
The same thing happened to me. I sent my iPhone 7 32GB phone which is in very good condition and they downgraded value saying that the screen is broken. Did not expect this from Verizon. Now you guys know how difficult it is to get it resolved from Verizon customer service.  I should have researched more before sending the phone to Verizon. Somehow I trusted Verizon and blindly sent it to them. I dont know what to do now. Dont do this mistake guys. ​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​