Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,226 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

msbliss's Posts

I have been a long time Verizon customer and we have 3 lines of service, all paid off. I spoke to a Verizon employee via chat online a few weeks ago about if we could get the BOGO deal and use th... See more...
I have been a long time Verizon customer and we have 3 lines of service, all paid off. I spoke to a Verizon employee via chat online a few weeks ago about if we could get the BOGO deal and use the new phones on our current phone lines and was assured that yes, we could if used the upgrade from our tablet line and then added a NEW line for the phone promo, then moved our tablet to the NEW line, then moved the 2 new phones to our current phone numbers. We cannot just add a new line and lose one of our current phone numbers, as we have had these numbers for a long time and use them for business, etc. I'm sure you know what a pain it is to get a new number. We don't use the phone number tied to our tablet. AGAIN, I was told the SAME thing yesterday via chat when I asked about doing this and not losing our current phone numbers. The only reason I didn't go through with the transaction yesterday is because I forgot about having to pay the taxes up front and needed to wait until today....SO....I chatted in again today, different employee and he told me this cannot be done. We cannot get a BOGO Note 9 deal unless we add a new line and the Note 9 phone stays tied to that new line for 2 years. It is so frustrating to be told different things by different employees and also, that Verizon would not want to keep their long time customers....we pay them THOUSANDS of dollars a year. After today, if the other 2 employees were giving me incorrect information, then I could have gotten stuck paying for both phones, as so many in these forums have during BOGO deals. Now I have to figure out if there is a way I could port 1 of my numbers to Google Voice, cancel my Verizon plan, then port it back in as a "new line" OR decide if  I want to cancel my Verizon plans and port everything over to ATT, who is offering the SAME promo, BOGO Note 9 deal that Verizon is offering.....amazing that Verizon isn't more interested in keeping their current/long time clients. Does the Google Voice port out/in/new line thing work if you have done that? And VERIZON....if you are reading this....what are you willing to do to retain a customer? Honor what 2 of your employees have offered? Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​