Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,304 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

LW0017's Posts

UPDATE: after this post was made, I spoke to Verizon again on the phone. They insisted it wasn't a hardware issue and suggested I take my car to my dealership and have a diagnostic test done on t... See more...
UPDATE: after this post was made, I spoke to Verizon again on the phone. They insisted it wasn't a hardware issue and suggested I take my car to my dealership and have a diagnostic test done on the Infotainment system. Ironically, that morning, was when I got the alert that there was a software update waiting for the phone. I did so and it seemed to have fixed THAT issue at least. My phone now auto connects to my Bluetooth everytime I get into my car. I still took my vehicle in and they said that my radio display is throwing no errors and is all up to date . The other issue I've been having since day 1 is when plugging my phone in via USB in my vehicle, I get a message that says it can't be connected. It charges just fine but I can't stream music this way at all.
When I get into my vehicle, my phones Bluetooth won't connect to the vehicle.  If I want to be able to use this feature, I have to manually connect it every time.  I have to go into my vehicles p... See more...
When I get into my vehicle, my phones Bluetooth won't connect to the vehicle.  If I want to be able to use this feature, I have to manually connect it every time.  I have to go into my vehicles paired device list (there's only 1), click on my Galaxy s9, make sure the box is checked on my car's display, open up my phones Bluetooth and then click on my vehicles name in that list and then cross my fingers that it's going to connect. After much frustration, I've had 3 separate conversations using the Tech Coach app.  In the end, their solution was to uninstall every app I have (if the phone is in Safe Mode it works and auto connects to my vehicle - but not all of the time) to see which app is the culprit. I took their advice and it appeared that the Amazon app was causing the issue. AMAZON. You mean to tell me that of the thousands and thousands of people who own the Galaxy s9, none of them have this app installed!? This worked for 2 days and then it stopped working again (meaning my phone stopped connecting to my car). During this time, I did NOT install any new apps. This has been so frustrating and time-consuming.  I have tried so many troubleshooting suggestions and have even done a factory reset on my phone. I have had the same apps on my other Galaxy phones and also my Droid Turbo 2 I just had a few months ago and I have NEVER.EVER. had a problem before. Has anyone else had/experienced this issue or something similar? Any suggestions.  Tech support does not help.  I really think this is a faulty phone. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to manually connect my phone to my vehicle every time and for that very reason, I wouldn't recommend this phone to my friends and family. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA! Sidenote: It's not an issue with my vehicles Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 8s with the same apps I had on my Android and I tested that and it has no problems connecting.  I did delete my iPhone from my vehicles "paired devices" afterward.  There are no other paired devices to my vehicle besides my Android.