Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,572 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

sbhnet's Posts

As a follow-up, everything miraculously started working as it should after the next update.  I guess good things come to those who wait!
That's really a shame.  I never had that problem with my S5.  It makes sense to me that if you're trying to follow the directions that you would want to make sure driving mode would work.  Maybe ... See more...
That's really a shame.  I never had that problem with my S5.  It makes sense to me that if you're trying to follow the directions that you would want to make sure driving mode would work.  Maybe it's because I'm using Google Maps and not Verizon's Navigator?
     If you've ever used Google Maps Navigation function, you know that it puts inportant information (miles till next turn, direction of turn, etc.) at the top of the screen.  Message + driving ... See more...
     If you've ever used Google Maps Navigation function, you know that it puts inportant information (miles till next turn, direction of turn, etc.) at the top of the screen.  Message + driving mode insists on being on top of whatever's on the screen and at the very top.  It will also sound off with the notification tone every 2 - 2.5 minutes.  If you swipe it off of the screen (and out of your way) never fear - it will be back in a couple of minutes along with that notification tone.  Is there any way to change this?  Or do I have to make a choice between being able to get directions to where I'm going or making sure text senders know I'm driving and won't be responding?
The latest update (OC4) has solved all of my problems. I'm happy again!
I can now say this much.  I charged the phone overnight.  As of this moment I still have 71% battery left.  No overheating, no slowdowns, and I've been connected to WiFi all day.  I'm kinda likin... See more...
I can now say this much.  I charged the phone overnight.  As of this moment I still have 71% battery left.  No overheating, no slowdowns, and I've been connected to WiFi all day.  I'm kinda liking this patch (OC4).  So far, so good!!
Too late DPerot - I did it.  Not sure if I should say this out loud, but so far, I'm not seeing any of the problems I've been having.  Still installing apps (as I remember them - gotta write them... See more...
Too late DPerot - I did it.  Not sure if I should say this out loud, but so far, I'm not seeing any of the problems I've been having.  Still installing apps (as I remember them - gotta write them down!), so it may be a while before I know how things really are.  Battery issues will be known by the end of the work day for sure.  Fingers crossed! DPerot wrote: DON'T DO IT, SBHDROID!  that's all I can say. I'm on my second S5 and have the same problems as before with the latest pushed 5.0 update. sbhdroid
The store said I had to do another Factory Data Reset so they could mark it in my account; then if I still have problems they'll send me a new one.  NOW I just got a notice that there's an update... See more...
The store said I had to do another Factory Data Reset so they could mark it in my account; then if I still have problems they'll send me a new one.  NOW I just got a notice that there's an update that my phone wants me to install but I can't figure out if it's 5.1 or not.  I'm conflicted.. do I try it or not?  Still trying to find out what the update is.
Yep. A couple of times.
I haven't read all 35 pages, but quite a few.  I've tried a variety of "solutions" from this and other forums. None solve the problems.  I now have to charge my phone twice a day (and it mostly s... See more...
I haven't read all 35 pages, but quite a few.  I've tried a variety of "solutions" from this and other forums. None solve the problems.  I now have to charge my phone twice a day (and it mostly sits on my desk), power off and on daily, make sure I keep my wifi turned off and close all open apps on a regular basis.  I should *not* have to do this just to use my phone.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may have to take a step backward and get an iPhone6 next.
FYI, the RAZR they sent me was refurbed (expected) with ICS preloaded.  After heavy use Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I've not lost data connectivty.  I don't know if I can say this out loud, but ... See more...
FYI, the RAZR they sent me was refurbed (expected) with ICS preloaded.  After heavy use Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I've not lost data connectivty.  I don't know if I can say this out loud, but having a different phone seems to have done the trick.  Now I just need to find someone to buy the extended battery I bought a little over a week ago...
I had the same problem that everyone has been talking about.  I've been calling and complaining since early this year.  Like you, I did not get the Bionic last September just to keep it in CDMA o... See more...
I had the same problem that everyone has been talking about.  I've been calling and complaining since early this year.  Like you, I did not get the Bionic last September just to keep it in CDMA only mode.  After 905 I started calling continually - went through the hard reset and reinstall everything (TWICE), then installed a new SIM, then VZN sent me a new phone.  NOTHING worked.  Finally, I get a tech that tells me it's a known problem with the Bionic and that Moto is working on it but they have no idea when it's going to be resolved.  So I've agreed to let them send me a Razr in exchange for my Bionic.  I've got my fingers crossed that things will be different (not sure how ICS will play into this, but I've seen a lot of good comments from folks that got Razrs with ICS pre-loaded).  I can get an upgrade in May according to the website, so I'll be paying attention to reviews on current and upcoming phones.
Thanks John - the map you included the link for is the one I check periodically and still says that the Dallas/Ft. Worth area only supports 4G on USB modems.  I'll keep looking for an announcemen... See more...
Thanks John - the map you included the link for is the one I check periodically and still says that the Dallas/Ft. Worth area only supports 4G on USB modems.  I'll keep looking for an announcement that smartphones are also supported.
According to the service map, 4G is only supported on USB modems in the DFW area.  I disovered this when I opened a ticket with support to complain about the lackluster signal strength around my ... See more...
According to the service map, 4G is only supported on USB modems in the DFW area.  I disovered this when I opened a ticket with support to complain about the lackluster signal strength around my home even when the map says I'm covered.  Does anyone know when VZ is going to start supporting 4G on the 4G smarphones they're selling in the DFW area?
I've been having the same problem (in the Dallas area); it happens both in 3G and 4G modes.  My house is in a low spot for 4G so I thought it was related to that.  However, it's been happening a ... See more...
I've been having the same problem (in the Dallas area); it happens both in 3G and 4G modes.  My house is in a low spot for 4G so I thought it was related to that.  However, it's been happening a lot over the past few days and it's making me crazy!!  I've been reading that many people are having the same problem, and not necessarily just Bionic owners.  Haven't called in yet but it's on my list of things to do.
My notification light works like a champ - if you have apps that turn it on.  I'm still trying to figure all of that out, including using different ringtones for different email accounts, etc.  B... See more...
My notification light works like a champ - if you have apps that turn it on.  I'm still trying to figure all of that out, including using different ringtones for different email accounts, etc.  But at least the light works!