I need help understanding how this works. My understanding was Verizon was no longer doing early termination fees.  Basically, if you got a new phone from them on a device payment plan you wer... Ver más...
I need help understanding how this works. My understanding was Verizon was no longer doing early termination fees.  Basically, if you got a new phone from them on a device payment plan you were required to continue paying on that plan until the phone was paid off. If you decided to leave Verizon you will be required to pay off the phone if full. Am I right? My situation is this, I became a Verizon user about 5 months ago.  I got a phone from them(Verizon)  on a device payment plan.  My wife has her phone through a different carrier.  We were contemplating getting a family share plan and getting on the same plan with each other with her plan with her carrier.  So, I paid off my phone in full that was on the DPP, knowing this would be required to leave anyways.  However, when I try and read the fine print on my agreement they are talking about a ETF(early termination fee) if you don't stay for the term of the contract.  I really don't know what the term of the contract would be but I am assuming it would be 2 years.  Because it always seems to be 2 years. Does Verizon still do the ETF?  Or would I just be required to pay off my phone.  (which I already did) Any help understanding this would be helpful.