Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,784 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

angelsix's Posts

As far as I can tell, the only way to get a list of prior phone calls is to download the bills and then copy the data from that.  Not very elegant, as it seems very likely Verizon's computers have al... See more...
As far as I can tell, the only way to get a list of prior phone calls is to download the bills and then copy the data from that.  Not very elegant, as it seems very likely Verizon's computers have all of that.
Maybe I've found a solution to the bonus question too.  Did a search and found that this problem has been around for a long time (e.g., found a 2012 question from someone with a Droid2 having the... See more...
Maybe I've found a solution to the bonus question too.  Did a search and found that this problem has been around for a long time (e.g., found a 2012 question from someone with a Droid2 having the same issue).  Apparently the problem can be triggered by a System Update, and, fixed by turning off the "Sound When Roaming".  I'm not roaming when the problem happens, but I get weak Verizon signal at my home, so I think my phone is celebrating that I'm back in the welcoming arms of the Verizon network with the announcement "Verizon network." If I were somewhere where I was worried about roaming charges, I'd like more nuanced warning system than just having the name of whatever network my phone is picking up be announced out loud. tikibar1 Apr 1, 2017 7:45 AM (in response to easlingn) Sometimes settings get changed when phones are updated; has your phone received a recent update?  The exact path may be different, but have you gone to Settings > Sound > Sound Effects > Sound When Roaming and ensured it's off?
YEA!  This morning I got the message "System Update Complete".  Checking the System App under updates ("Check for System Update") it now says "No New System Update Available   Your LG VS995 is up... See more...
YEA!  This morning I got the message "System Update Complete".  Checking the System App under updates ("Check for System Update") it now says "No New System Update Available   Your LG VS995 is up to date.  No update is necessary at this time."  I'm glad that problem is solved.  As is often the case, I have no idea why the update failed numerous times previously and then succeeded this time.  My guess is that Verizon noticed that I (and, probably, others) was having this problem, and tweaked the update. As to the "Bonus question", my phone is still occasionally saying, through the speaker, "Verizon Wireless" at random times.  I'm hopeful that problem will go away too.
sprmankalel wrote: What app did you use to save the playlist files? Did you use that same app to transfer them to the new device? Did you save the playlist files directly on the device or... See more...
sprmankalel wrote: What app did you use to save the playlist files? Did you use that same app to transfer them to the new device? Did you save the playlist files directly on the device or the SD card? Are the tracks in the directory that the playlist file points to? I transferred them using Windows Explorer, through the phone (not by pulling the SD card and transferring them directly).  I tried saving them to the device memory, and to the SD card. However, I've solved my problem, by picking a different app (PowerAmp) for playing music. It recognizes .m3u playlists.  The stock Android app, Music, seemed weak on playlists.  The Google Music app seemed to be constantly nudging me to use Google Music.  I'm happy now with PowerAmp.
stef7 Jan 31, 2018 6:59 PM (in response to angelsix😞 stef7 wrote: Is there any chance you moved part of the live wallpaper to an SD card? If so, what happens when you bring it all back ... See more...
stef7 Jan 31, 2018 6:59 PM (in response to angelsix😞 stef7 wrote: Is there any chance you moved part of the live wallpaper to an SD card? If so, what happens when you bring it all back to Internal memory? It seems obvious to me that your suggestion makes no sense.  Why would my V20 possibly care where the wallpaper app is stored, especially since the V20 has a system for not letting things be stored on the SD card if that would make any trouble?  However, YOUR SUGGESTION IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!! I had moved my Aquarium app to the SD card, as I do with most apps where the V20 will let me.  So (feeling sure this was a waste of time), I selected it as the wallpaper, restarted my phone, and voilà!  My Aquarium wallpaper is still my wallpaper.  Thanks for your help!
My LG V20 keeps reinstalling the latest system updates (apparently there are two).  Goes through the whole process, apparently A-OK, re-boots, then tells me there's a new system update and starts... See more...
My LG V20 keeps reinstalling the latest system updates (apparently there are two).  Goes through the whole process, apparently A-OK, re-boots, then tells me there's a new system update and starts downloading it again.  Help? Bonus question:  Since this process started, my phone occasionally says, for no good reason, "Verizon".  I don't see a Verizon app
Verizon Wireless Customer Support Feb 3, 2018 5:54 AM (in response to angelsix😞 This answer is not helpful.  Those are the lists of the file formats that the device can recognize and play, no... See more...
Verizon Wireless Customer Support Feb 3, 2018 5:54 AM (in response to angelsix😞 This answer is not helpful.  Those are the lists of the file formats that the device can recognize and play, not formats for playlists.
sprmankalel Feb 1, 2018 12:54 PM (in response to angelsix😞 Yes, of course, I transferred the music files themselves to my V20.  They are all in .mp3 format.
HarleyE_VZW:  I'm not seeing at the link you gave me any specs about which playlists types are useable on an LG V20.  I see the text:      "Customizable Music Library             Organized by s... See more...
HarleyE_VZW:  I'm not seeing at the link you gave me any specs about which playlists types are useable on an LG V20.  I see the text:      "Customizable Music Library             Organized by songs, albums, artists, genres, stations, and playlists" but I don't see anything specific about which playlist files "fall under supported formats as per the device specifications".  I searched, but didn't find there a hotlink to any such specification.
I like my LG V20, but it has some quirks.  I'm thinking maybe just having a general LG V20 discussion would be the place for these. How do I stop losing my wallpaper setting every time I reboo... See more...
I like my LG V20, but it has some quirks.  I'm thinking maybe just having a general LG V20 discussion would be the place for these. How do I stop losing my wallpaper setting every time I reboot?  I have a lovely Aquarium active wallpaper that I like, but whenever I reboot my phone it reverts to the stock wallpaper. How do I stop having my phone make me use the lock screen pattern when I'm at home and I've told it to remember this as a safe location?  Probably some other minor issues will come to mind.  Overall, though, I'm happy with my V20.  I do miss having that built-in stylus from my old Note 4, but that's about all I miss.  I'm especially happy with the battery.  I can heavily use my V20 on ski slopes, using Ski Traks, playing music, with phone and data on, all day.  With my Note 4 I had to carry a charger to boost the battery during lunch, or it would die about 3:00 p.m.
I'd like to transfer my playlists from my old Note 4 to my LG V20.  I have playlists in .m3u and .pla format, and have transferred them to the LG V20, but it doesn't recognize them.  Help?
I had to use a magnifying glass to read the very tiny print on the charger that came in the box with my V20.  To my surprise, it does not show that it provides Qualcomm FastCharge 3.0, which was ... See more...
I had to use a magnifying glass to read the very tiny print on the charger that came in the box with my V20.  To my surprise, it does not show that it provides Qualcomm FastCharge 3.0, which was disappointing. I would also like to know if there is an indicator in the phone that shows when it is successfully doing a FastCharge.
I thought my micro-SD port had worn out -- it's happened on my prior Samsung cellphones.  HOWEVER, that's not the problem.  My Note 4 is now incredibly fussy about recognizing chargers.  Only ~4 ... See more...
I thought my micro-SD port had worn out -- it's happened on my prior Samsung cellphones.  HOWEVER, that's not the problem.  My Note 4 is now incredibly fussy about recognizing chargers.  Only ~4 of my 12 car chargers are now recognized.  Only 2 of my dozen+ wall chargers are recognized.  All were recognized before.  I didn't tie this to the specific date of the December update, but look back I think that's about when it happened.  My Note 4 does recognize the charging from USB ports on my computer, and our two cars. None of my Qualcomm Fast Chargers are recognized. Speculation -- since their Note 7 debacle, in the latest update Samsung made their phones unreasonably sensitive to charger voltage, as a way to force people to use only OEM Samsung (unreasonably expensive) chargers.  It's hard to actually tell which of my chargers are OEM, because so many knockoffs spoof the Samsung branding, but the two that now are recognized both look identical, including Samsung branding and the socket on the side instead of the end.  So, try lots of chargers (borrow from friends?  Test at a store?)
So, is there any commitment by Verizon to do any more upgrades to our Note 4's?  Conversely, is there some reason to conclude we are not getting more Android upgrades?
I found the Advanced area of my settings, and there are some I don't understand:      "Application Settings" "Enable Delivery Toast" "Delivery status toast message" [  ] ??? This seems li... See more...
I found the Advanced area of my settings, and there are some I don't understand:      "Application Settings" "Enable Delivery Toast" "Delivery status toast message" [  ] ??? This seems like some clever joke (punchline "Only if you'll butter it for me!"), except it isn't.  What is Delivery Toast and why would I want it enabled?      "Real Time Location Settings" "Continuously Send Location"  "Send location information when not being viewed.  It will become available for conversation recipients when they choose to view it." ??? HUH?  What conversations?  I only use this app for my SMS.  Does this relate to making video calls or something?  By default this was "on" and I turned it off just because it seemed a little creepy. "Default Share Time" "Default amount of time (in minutes) to share when using real time location." ??? Huh?  By default this is set to 15, but could be set as high as 120.  If I want preserve my kindergarten "A" in "Sharing" should I set it to 120?
Change carriers. ATT lets wireless customers modify how long phone rings before call goes to voicemail. Assistance: AT&T Customer Center: Help:Frequently Asked Questions FAQs change rings be... See more...
Change carriers. ATT lets wireless customers modify how long phone rings before call goes to voicemail. Assistance: AT&T Customer Center: Help:Frequently Asked Questions FAQs change rings before voicemail picks up - AT&T Community For wireless customers, Verizon sets it at 30 seconds, and doesn't care what you want.  See 'official' answer in another thread: Number of times phone rings before going to voicemail Irritatingly, Verizon allows 'home' (landline) to control how long the phone rings before going to voicemail.  Maybe their goal is to get us to go back to using landlines? https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/calling+features/home+voice+mail/questions+and+answers/12505…
So now I think the camera is just messing with my head.  It took one picture nicely focused, then went back to not focusing.  So I tried Camera ICS, and it works better.  Not as well as the basic... See more...
So now I think the camera is just messing with my head.  It took one picture nicely focused, then went back to not focusing.  So I tried Camera ICS, and it works better.  Not as well as the basic Camera did a few months ago, when focusing was fast and good, but now it's slow and works some of the time.  Maybe a hard re-set would works, but that's just too much of a hassle.  At least now I know the problem is not that the hardware is broken.
I've had my Droid Charge for a little over a year.  A little while (~6 weeks?), the camera stopped focusing.  It is locked in closest possible focus.  My guess would be it's locked in macro mode,... See more...
I've had my Droid Charge for a little over a year.  A little while (~6 weeks?), the camera stopped focusing.  It is locked in closest possible focus.  My guess would be it's locked in macro mode, switching between macro, and face-focus, and autofocus makes no difference.  Touching a place on the picture to ask the camera to focus there has no effect. I installed Ultra Magnifier a while ago, and wonder if it somehow screwed up a setting.  Uninstalling it hasn't changed anything, so don't know whether the camera problem is related to Ultra Magnifier or not.  I don't use the camera a lot, so at first assumed this was just one of those temporary glitches that I commonly have with my phone (like it will lock up, or refuse to answer, or something).  Can't tie the problem to any other event (like installing a particular app). Re-setting the phone, then setting it up again, is more of a hassle then I'm willing to put up with just to get the camera to work.  I have other pocket cameras that always take better pictures than my phone anyway. Help? <<  Discussion of rooting removed as a violation of >> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
Dirge80, So, you're really that unhappy with the performance?  I assume you must be running the stock, unrooted, undebloated Gingerbread.  Personally, I found your bitter sarcasm kinda cute, but... See more...
Dirge80, So, you're really that unhappy with the performance?  I assume you must be running the stock, unrooted, undebloated Gingerbread.  Personally, I found your bitter sarcasm kinda cute, but evidently not everybody does.   Anyway, I recommend that instead of cursing the darkness you just like a little candle inside your phone.   Root it, freeze the bloatware, and see if that doesn't improve the performance so that you can be happy with your phone.   If you need more, there are amazing people who can provide a new version of gingerbread 2.3.6 that is a big improvement over what Verizon provided us.   I have no idea why Verizon and Samsung think it's a good idea to overload the operating system with so much bloatware that we have to make adjustments so it works right, but evidently they're not the only ones doing this.  Good luck.