Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,342 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Smooner1's Posts

Nope. Same problems with my phone spontaneously turning off or just restarting. Lost my cool apps and all my customizations for no improvement. =/
I have tried to just use the cable charger and it does do the restarting thing out of the blue. I wonder if the cradle has been effected by the upgrade? I really wish verizon would help me!
So, I finally did a factory reset.  I thought everything was corrected.  Nope.  It still shuts down out of the blue while sitting on the cradle.  Last night although it was sitting on the cradle,... See more...
So, I finally did a factory reset.  I thought everything was corrected.  Nope.  It still shuts down out of the blue while sitting on the cradle.  Last night although it was sitting on the cradle, it started beeping the the battery was low.  I had to wake up, shut it down, still wouldn't charge, so I had to shut it down again, take out the battery and then it was charging.  So, this morning I'm at work and it sitting on the cradle and I look over, and it turned off!  I'm getting very frustrated. Nobody's helping me and I don't want to buy another $200-$400 phone!
AntonioC_VZW wrote: Hi Smooner1,   I understand your concerns. I'd be frustrated if my phone powered off at random after a software update. My resources indicate that a software update may ... See more...
AntonioC_VZW wrote: Hi Smooner1,   I understand your concerns. I'd be frustrated if my phone powered off at random after a software update. My resources indicate that a software update may cause some 3rd party application conflicts and that a Factory Reset usually resolves such conflicts and the issues caused by them. Please perform a Factory Reset and keep us posted.   Keep in mind that performing a factory reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.   If you are eligible for upgrade and prefer to upgrade to an iPhone device please visit the iPhone Device Webpage at your convenience.   Hi Antonio,   I really don't want to do a factory reset.  I haven't really had any problems with my phone until this last update.  I love the screen, the call quality is excellent.  But after you customize your phone just the way you want it, I hate to have to do a factory reset.  I am eligible to get a new phone, but don' t they all have their quirks?  I paid $200 for this one and the new one is going to cost about the same if not more.  Ugg.. So frustrated.
jamesknix wrote: I have tried this download 6 or 7 times now, and each time I get a message saying "device runs out of memory". I have plenty of memory on my phone, over a gig on the actual p... See more...
jamesknix wrote: I have tried this download 6 or 7 times now, and each time I get a message saying "device runs out of memory". I have plenty of memory on my phone, over a gig on the actual phone and 8 on the SD Card. The RAM is fine as well. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?   If so, please help! Hey!  The times that I have gotten the "memory" error was times that the phone is trying to use WIFI to download and I have no WIFI connection or when I have a WIFI connection but I believe with the update it doesn't use the WIFI so just make sure the WIFI is turned off and not that the phone says it won't use the WIFI.  Try that and maybe it will work.  Just a suggestion.  Hope it helps.
I updated my phone Sunday.  Everything seemed to be find.  Although, I couldn't find the data usage widget that it talked about on the update screen.  I put my phone on the cradle yesterday at wo... See more...
I updated my phone Sunday.  Everything seemed to be find.  Although, I couldn't find the data usage widget that it talked about on the update screen.  I put my phone on the cradle yesterday at work, eventually the screen went blank, I didn't think anything of it, by the end of the day I picked it up and it was turned off.  It had the 100% battery on the screen as though I was charging with the phone turned off, but I never actually turned it off.  So, last night, I put it on the cradle (yep, I have 2) and made sure my Alarm Clock Plus was set, well, I woke up and thought it was weird the sun was already up.  The phone had shut off again!  I look really put together today too!  not!  Anyway, do you think it's in one of the new customization settings that I need to tinker with?  I tried to go thru it, but I didn't see anything that would affect this.  Maybe I need an iPhone, although I'm sure that has issues too! 
Oh by the way, that totally worked if I didn't say it before! Thank you thank you thank you!
Thank you so much! But I can't figure out why it happened. Did my phone do an update by itself?
Ok!  Wait, now I have a phone icon in the applications?  I have to drag an icon to my home screen?  It's not on the bottom for every home screen now?  I'm so bloody confused!
How am I supposed to get to my phone?  The only icon on my Home page or any of my pages is the Applications icon!  What the hell happened.  It froze so I took ou the battery and then powered back... See more...
How am I supposed to get to my phone?  The only icon on my Home page or any of my pages is the Applications icon!  What the hell happened.  It froze so I took ou the battery and then powered back up!  Help!  I have no phone!
No, factory reset doesn't delete the sd card which is good because I don't give that back to them when I send my phone back. 
I actually did end up talking to a technician on the phone.  2 actually and they were very nice and knowledgeable but it ended up we couldn't get the phone going?  Then, at 11:30 pm, it turns on!... See more...
I actually did end up talking to a technician on the phone.  2 actually and they were very nice and knowledgeable but it ended up we couldn't get the phone going?  Then, at 11:30 pm, it turns on!!!! Scared the crap out of me and said it was in recovery mode, so I let it but then it stared forclosing apps, like daily briefing and the INVOPATH or something like that said it wanted to update but it never did.  Anyway, my new/refurbished one is on it's way.  I love Verizon!  Always helpful!  Maybe this phone was just a dud.  But, the one good thing about it actually turning back on even if it was still messed up, I got to factory reset it so my info wasn't on there anymore before I send it back int.  That makes me feel a little better.  Oh well, thanks for listening.
This has nothing to do with the update or it wouldn't be taking 2 hours to download anything. Does anyone else have any suggestions other than throwing it put the window?
But how long does it take to download? If it's just a patch, it shouldn't take that long, right? Maybe I should take mine in?
So, I'm just checking email this morning, and it froze on a message.  I didn't download anything, just trying to read the stupid email and it froze.  It wouldn't respond to anything.  My buttons ... See more...
So, I'm just checking email this morning, and it froze on a message.  I didn't download anything, just trying to read the stupid email and it froze.  It wouldn't respond to anything.  My buttons on the bottom would turn off as I touched them as if they might respond eventually, but they never did.  I waited, patiently. Nothing.  So I tried to shut the phone off, it wouldn't respond to that either.  Still stuck on the stupid email message.  So, I pulled the battery and put it back, tried to start it and it was stuck on the Samsung logo.  Wouldn't change, move along or anything.  Tried to pull the battery again, same thing.  So, I'm here on the internet and look up reset procedures and I try the one about the volume down button and the power button.  So, here I am at the android man shoveling spit and "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!  What the ham sam?  It's stuck again, but now on this screen.  Anyone have anything for me to try or should I just go return my phone?  I just activated this one maybe 3 weeks ago.  =(