Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,115 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

johntr_vzw's Posts

RREYNOLDS51, I can see why you reached out for help. I'd be happy to help go over the Winegard Connect, and explain why you were having trouble activating that device. I did some research and... See more...
RREYNOLDS51, I can see why you reached out for help. I'd be happy to help go over the Winegard Connect, and explain why you were having trouble activating that device. I did some research and found the Winegard Connect device isn't an approved device that can be used with the VZW network. What this means is the reason we couldn't activate it is the device won't function with a VZW SIM. We do have similar devices to the Winegard Connect, mobile hotspot generators known as Jetpacks or our 4G LTE Routers which can provide voice and internet service. You can find out more about them here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/ Searching, I found Winegard's website, and from I learned, they have data plans for their devices you would purchase through them. Information about their plans and devices can be found here: https://www.winegard.com/connect I hope that's helped clarify why you were having trouble activating the device. Please let me know if you have any further questions. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
GEOKEN34, making sure you're getting a good download/upload speed is important. I'd be happy to help go over those speeds with you, along with talking about how those speeds can vary without any ... See more...
GEOKEN34, making sure you're getting a good download/upload speed is important. I'd be happy to help go over those speeds with you, along with talking about how those speeds can vary without any throttling. It's fantastic to hear you're getting LTE speeds in the 95 Mbps to 16 Mbps range, for your upload/download speeds. Those are actually well above average. On average, when using LTE customers can expect to see 5 to 12 Mbps for downloads and 2 to 5 Mbps for uploads. This is confirmed on this page, which outlines the average speeds: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16543/ As to why those speeds can vary at different times, is from the same reasons your cellular signal can change. These variables can be: •Network congestion •Weather and nature •Buildings and physical barriers •Or an obstructed view of the cell tower Network Congestion refers to if there are a large number of VZW users in one area. For example, if I go to a major sporting event or a convention with lots of other users there when trying to access the network, I can experience reduced speeds. Changing my location or seeing the number of people decrease in the area, then lessens that congestion. The only time there may be a reduced speed by requirement, is depending on what plan you're using. Like Ann154 asked, it would be good to know what plan you're on. That way, we can review if there are any situations where you might encounter a reduced speed. Please share that information with us, and we can review the details of that plan. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
franrn, it's always disheartening when your device can't hold a charge or stay on as it should. We'll be happy to help see if we can find a solution to the power issue. It's good to hear you've r... See more...
franrn, it's always disheartening when your device can't hold a charge or stay on as it should. We'll be happy to help see if we can find a solution to the power issue. It's good to hear you've run different troubleshooting tests. One thing I would suggest doing is running a Device Health Check through the My Verizon app. The details on how to perform that are here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ If you could share the results for the Battery check, that would be very informative. It's also worth checking for any physical or liquid damage to your Pixel. Power issues like this can be caused by that kind of damage to the phone's hardware. To check for liquid damage, you can use these instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209090/ Please run that Health Check and take a look to see if the Liquid Damage Indicator has been tripped. Also, let us know if the phone has any physical damage. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
LDLeeHou, thanks for performing that reset on your tablet. We'll want to perform a factory reset on the Jetpack itself now. The steps to perform that reset and the different options for performin... See more...
LDLeeHou, thanks for performing that reset on your tablet. We'll want to perform a factory reset on the Jetpack itself now. The steps to perform that reset and the different options for performing the reset can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-220943/ Please perform the rest on your Jetpack. Once you've done that, establish the connections between it and the devices you wish to use with the MiFi. Please share with us, the results then of using the Jetpack following the reset. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
elorithrah, making sure you are notified of all your messages is important. If you're like me, we both rely on messaging more than calls. I want to help make sure you're getting those notificatio... See more...
elorithrah, making sure you are notified of all your messages is important. If you're like me, we both rely on messaging more than calls. I want to help make sure you're getting those notifications. The first thing I'd recommend is checking the notification settings for Verizon Messages on your phone. I can help give you instructions on what to check if I knew what kind of phone you're using. Please let us know what kind of phone you are using. Also, have you had trouble with notifications for any other apps? With regards to downloading a different version of Messages for the computer, the download available through the Mircosoft App store is the current version. There's not currently a .exe file of the latest version available for download. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
CRHMRC, with all the devices we have these days, it can be tough to collect all the photos we took on them. I'd be happy to help find the best way to get photos off your old flip phone. Ann15... See more...
CRHMRC, with all the devices we have these days, it can be tough to collect all the photos we took on them. I'd be happy to help find the best way to get photos off your old flip phone. Ann154 is correct as we do need to know what kind of basic phone you had. If we had that information, we could find the right steps to get information off the phone. Please let us know what kind of flip phone you were using, and we'll find those instructions for you. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Asfarasyouknow, I'm sorry to hear your Network Extender has been lost. I wouldn't want you to wait on UPS there, let's figure out some options together. As part of that, I sent you a Private Mess... See more...
Asfarasyouknow, I'm sorry to hear your Network Extender has been lost. I wouldn't want you to wait on UPS there, let's figure out some options together. As part of that, I sent you a Private Message; I look forward to hearing from you. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
BARBS1228, that is a peculiar issue to have. I'd be happy to help take a look at this duplication issue with you. Can you confirm for me what model iPhone you're using? How are you backing up you... See more...
BARBS1228, that is a peculiar issue to have. I'd be happy to help take a look at this duplication issue with you. Can you confirm for me what model iPhone you're using? How are you backing up your phone (are you using iCloud or Verizon Cloud)? For your backup method do you have a regularly scheduled time backups occur? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
AMBCON67, I can see why you reached out for some help. I did a little research and here's what I found on how to change the Vtext name. You will first go to vtext.com in your browser. When you... See more...
AMBCON67, I can see why you reached out for some help. I did a little research and here's what I found on how to change the Vtext name. You will first go to vtext.com in your browser. When you log in it default to our Message+ application.  Click on the three horizontal bars for settings, and on the left side go to Email to Text link. Once you've clicked that you will see your name@vtext.com and an edit button. Click the Edit button, and you can change what comes before the @vtext.com. I hope you find those instructions beneficial. Let me know if you have any questions. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Plindsley, thanks for sharing those details. I'm glad you're making use of Wi-Fi Calling. Since there are so many factors that can impact your coverage inside a structure, we cannot guarantee ser... See more...
Plindsley, thanks for sharing those details. I'm glad you're making use of Wi-Fi Calling. Since there are so many factors that can impact your coverage inside a structure, we cannot guarantee service while you're indoors. Wi-Fi Calling will help with coverage while you're indoors since the Wi-Fi acts almost like an internal cell tower; routing your call to the network. Now for outside service, that's something we can focus on some more. I checked out the 12304 zip code you shared. I didn't find any reported issues. One thing to check is, are you using the Dual SIM capabilities of the iPhone XS? I'd also like to see what you have enabled for your voice settings. Using these steps, I'd like you to check to see if you have LTE enabled for Voice and Data: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/ Please confirm if you've got the LTE enabled for Voice & Data, thank you. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
AWNAW, I would be feeling the same way if I hadn't received something I ordered. I'd be happy to help see what's going on with this order, and why it hasn't shipped. As part of that, I've sent yo... See more...
AWNAW, I would be feeling the same way if I hadn't received something I ordered. I'd be happy to help see what's going on with this order, and why it hasn't shipped. As part of that, I've sent you a Private Message, so we can help get this resolved. JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
MissChickness, I can understand wanting to get a better understanding of the data categories. You're very much on the money on how the Data Utilization works. The categories are broad, and certai... See more...
MissChickness, I can understand wanting to get a better understanding of the data categories. You're very much on the money on how the Data Utilization works. The categories are broad, and certain things can fit into two different categories. It's not more specific due to privacy rules. More information on the Data Utilization can be found in the FAQ Page about it: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/ With your daughter's line using data, tiki Bar1 is on the right path. Her phone can give a better idea on what apps are using the data. What kind of phone does she have? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Ezzzzzzz, thanks for providing those details. To help clarify a few things, we've got a variety of plans which can be used with a Jetpack or Home Fusion device. Some plans have fixed data amounts... See more...
Ezzzzzzz, thanks for providing those details. To help clarify a few things, we've got a variety of plans which can be used with a Jetpack or Home Fusion device. Some plans have fixed data amounts where you wouldn't encounter any reduced speeds, but if you did go over the allotted data, you might have an overage. There are also unlimited options which provide for an amount of data use at 4G/LTE speeds up to 15 GB of usage (20 GB on the Above Unlimited plan), and then the speed would transition to 600 KBS (about 3G speed) remaining unlimited. I understand where you're coming from with your thoughts about the data. The LTE network is a resource shared by all VZW customers. Each type of customer has guidelines in which they operate. This is an industry practice, with each carrier choosing to manage the network in different ways. Some choose to have the limit set per line others for the combined account usage, and they then either prioritize usage or throttle it immediately. To find the right plan for your needs Ezzzzzz, how would your wife need to use data while at home? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
SOFTWIND14, I would be feeling the same way if my phone wasn't performing as it should. We do want to assist and find a resolution for you. You did a lot of troubleshooting there, but there's one... See more...
SOFTWIND14, I would be feeling the same way if my phone wasn't performing as it should. We do want to assist and find a resolution for you. You did a lot of troubleshooting there, but there's one more thing we would want to check. Did you run your phone in Safe Mode as well? If so, what happened with the battery life while in Safe Mode? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
JOHGIL91, I use my map app on my phone quite a bit as well. So I know how important it is to have the directions working correctly. Like Ann154 asked, it would be good to know what model of Andro... See more...
JOHGIL91, I use my map app on my phone quite a bit as well. So I know how important it is to have the directions working correctly. Like Ann154 asked, it would be good to know what model of Android phone you're using. Also, it's important to know which map or directions app you're using. So if you could share those details that would be helpful. If you can also expand on the problem you're having, that would help us troubleshoot. What about the turn by turn voice directions isn't working properly? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
coreyoreo, I can see why you reached out for some help with this question. Before you do disconnect your tablet, do check with us on what can be done with that data line. If the tablet isn't meet... See more...
coreyoreo, I can see why you reached out for some help with this question. Before you do disconnect your tablet, do check with us on what can be done with that data line. If the tablet isn't meeting your needs any longer, maybe we can find a better device that would. When you disconnect a device capable of data and Wi-Fi like a tablet, it can still make use of Wi-Fi. If the device were sold to someone; they would need to get a new SIM Card for the device before it could use data again. Did I explain that okay? JohnTr_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!