Recently upgraded from an S7 to an S9+. This problem may be related to the new form factor on this device. Suppose I have Verizon Messages open and I am looking at a conversation in which I am sc... See more...
Recently upgraded from an S7 to an S9+. This problem may be related to the new form factor on this device. Suppose I have Verizon Messages open and I am looking at a conversation in which I am scrolled to the bottom, viewing the most recent message. If I lock my device (e.g. using the power button) and unlock it, then the Messages app comes back and the same conversation is loaded. However, now the scroll position is several pages up. I then have to manually scroll back to the bottom, or close and re-open the conversation. Kinda frustrating.
OK. Thanks for your opinion. For those of us who are annoyed by these notifications, a setting to disable them would be very useful. For those like yourself who aren't, you would just leave the s... See more...
OK. Thanks for your opinion. For those of us who are annoyed by these notifications, a setting to disable them would be very useful. For those like yourself who aren't, you would just leave the setting to its default enabled state.
Whenever my apps are updated, the Verizon Security & Privacy app scans them and notifies me with a message "No threats found in <<insert app name here>>". These notifications are annoying.  If th... See more...
Whenever my apps are updated, the Verizon Security & Privacy app scans them and notifies me with a message "No threats found in <<insert app name here>>". These notifications are annoying.  If there's no issue, I don't want a notification. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to disable that notification is to disable all notifications from the Security & Privacy app. This means I would miss any important notifications if a threat WAS to be found. Please update the S&P app to allow the user to disable the "No threats found" notification.