Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,057 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Jomarip's Posts

I appreciate you joining the conversation and I do agree that downloading a video can provide you access to the quality of video we are discussing, but I don't understand how you consider it livi... See more...
I appreciate you joining the conversation and I do agree that downloading a video can provide you access to the quality of video we are discussing, but I don't understand how you consider it living up to the full potential when the service is explicitly limiting the capability. It is like purchasing a tablet, but the the battery is being limited so you have to always stay plugged up. You can still use the tablet, but you are surely not able to maximize the tablet's functionality and abilities.
I tend to pick it up in the refresh rate and crispness. Especially since I tend to run other applications in the background. The bandwidth cap during video sessions are vary likely to have cascad... See more...
I tend to pick it up in the refresh rate and crispness. Especially since I tend to run other applications in the background. The bandwidth cap during video sessions are vary likely to have cascading issues
"If you're already a Verizon customer, your video resolution will be reduced to 720p on phones and 1080p on tablets whether you have a limited or unlimited data plan. Customers who purchase any V... See more...
"If you're already a Verizon customer, your video resolution will be reduced to 720p on phones and 1080p on tablets whether you have a limited or unlimited data plan. Customers who purchase any Verizon limited plan in the future will see the same restrictions. Moving forward, HD video on all legacy plans will also match Beyond Unlimited's HD quality," Verizon said." -ArsTechnica I have stuck with Verizon a long time and I am and have always been a power user. I am part of that 2% in all honesty. However, I have always been willing to pay to get the data the way I want it, when I want it. I love the Verizon network and have been with them for over 15 years. I understand the network congestion and need to provide balanced service, but this is not the best solution by any metric. This is directly going to affect innovation. I mean, what about the further development of virtual reality and virtual augmented services over the smart phone. This is an issue and I want to know what is the best way to contest this direction. Looking for ideas and thoughts. Also, this doesn't just affect power users like me, but think about the regular customers who want to adopt the latest technologies. They will be limited and the option will not be there for them. This is truly a direction I do not desire for Verizon.  This is just asking for a competitor to come with a forward thinking philosophy. Verizon apparently won't be converting videos to lower resolutions itself. Instead, it will set a bandwidth limit that video applications will have to adjust to. "We manage HD video throughput by setting speeds at no more than 10Mbps, which provides HD video at up to 1080p video," Verizon told Ars. The Mbps will presumably be lower than that in cases where Verizon limits video to 480p or 720p. The 1080p limit will apply when customers use their mobile devices as hotspots, Verizon said. That means you won't be able to stream 4K video on a laptop by tethering the laptop to a Verizon-connected smartphone, for example. "More than 96 percent of customers have not used 4K video," Verizon also told us.