Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,451 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rskorecki's Posts

Hi Rosanne, I started this particular thread in January 2017.  Since then, unfortunately, instead of improving, things have slowly gotten worse.  Over the past 2+ years the app continued to miss mes... See more...
Hi Rosanne, I started this particular thread in January 2017.  Since then, unfortunately, instead of improving, things have slowly gotten worse.  Over the past 2+ years the app continued to miss messages...with some showing up on my phone but not on the PC app or the iPad app.  There never did seem to be a fix that worked.   Recently (about a month ago now) things got even worse...the PC app simply stopped working altogether.  When I called in to Verizon I was simply told that Verizon Messages+ no longer is supported on Windows 10.  So that meant the only way to text other than to use a smartphone is to login to Verizon Messages in a browser window and text that way.  However, now even that is not completely working.  As an example, today, the browser-based messaging service is receiving messages, but will not send them. Surely by now this problem with the PC app missing messages, and now the PC app no longer working with Windows 10 (when it used to work almost fine a month ago), and now problems even with the browser-based version....surely workers at Verizon support who use the same services must also be experiencing these problems.  Can we at least get someone at Verizon to acknowledge that there is a problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.   -ryan
I have the same issue...for over 3 years now.  I keep having hope that at some point Verizon will acknowledge the problem...but so far no luck.  I have screenshots to prove it...but Verizon won't adm... See more...
I have the same issue...for over 3 years now.  I keep having hope that at some point Verizon will acknowledge the problem...but so far no luck.  I have screenshots to prove it...but Verizon won't admit there is a problem, so they then can't fix it.  Multiple times per day my phone receives messages that do not show up on the Messages+ app on my laptop, and vice versa.  It is not an Iphone/Android issue, and it is not contact dependant...there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it...  Maybe if we keep bringing up the problem, someone at Verizon will acknowledge it...but so far, it seems unlikely.....  
Hey there...if this helps...I had a similar problem.  Finally figured it out. No Verizon Cloud needed. On my phone, I had my contacts saving to the phone instead of to my external account (I use Gma... See more...
Hey there...if this helps...I had a similar problem.  Finally figured it out. No Verizon Cloud needed. On my phone, I had my contacts saving to the phone instead of to my external account (I use Gmail).  So, I had to fix that...on my Samsung...in the Contacts app...Default Storage Location...changed it to my Gmail account.  From then on, when I save a contact using my phone, it syncs to my Gmail account.  Next step was to open the People app on my laptop.  In settings, then add the Gmail account. Then right click the Gmail account, and click Sync. Then open the Verizon Messages app. It will pull contacts from the People app on the laptop. Now..to get all the old contacts saved on my phone synced...I had to export the contacts, and email the file to myself.  Then opened contacts in Gmail on my laptop...and imported the vcf file.  Then back to the People app on the laptop...re-sync...and voila....all the phone numbers listed in the Verizon Messages conversation list changed to the appropriate contact names.  Hope that helps. 
Hi YaleK,     Thanks for the message and suggestion.  Of the messages I know I've missed, there doesn't seem to be a pattern...iphone/android...MMS/SMS...I can't say there is any consistency ... See more...
Hi YaleK,     Thanks for the message and suggestion.  Of the messages I know I've missed, there doesn't seem to be a pattern...iphone/android...MMS/SMS...I can't say there is any consistency  to it.  If it would help for you to see screenshots of what I'm talking about, just tell me what email address to send them to, as opposed to posting them here.  I can share screenshots of the same message thread as displayed on my phone, laptop, and ipad...with certain messages missing from 2 of the 3.       I did just try your suggestion of unsubscribing the "integrated messaging" feature in the message+ app...but when I go to settings I don't see such an option.  However, I did go to the "disconnect device" tab, and disconnected my laptop...and then reconnected.  I'll let you know what happens.     Thanks again for the efforts. -ryan
Hi pherson,        I'm simply trying to get a resolution to an issue with a Verizon service.  Internet access and cellular service are two different things.   I understand that you may not ha... See more...
Hi pherson,        I'm simply trying to get a resolution to an issue with a Verizon service.  Internet access and cellular service are two different things.   I understand that you may not have a similar issue...you don't need to keep reading this thread then.  You are correct, there is not cell service where I work. This is the main reason why I would like the Verizon message service to work reliably online.  The internet service where I work is not affected by the lack of cell service.        The reason I switched to Verizon was specifically for the possibility of using the messaging service when cell service is not available.  If you read some of the other replies, you will see that other users are experiencing the same issue that I am.  It's great that you do not, I wish my experience with Verizon was as positive as yours.  Thanks. -ryan
Thanks for the reply Joshua.  I am currently in the USA.  The problem is that messages are received by my phone...but sometimes those same messages are not shown on the Verizon Messages or Me... See more...
Thanks for the reply Joshua.  I am currently in the USA.  The problem is that messages are received by my phone...but sometimes those same messages are not shown on the Verizon Messages or Message+ service.  The problem can't be with my phone...as all messages are shown there.  The problem is with the Verizon Messages/Message+ service when viewed on my laptop or ipad.  As I've previously mentioned, the only time this is a true problem is when I am traveling outside of cell service (not just roaming...I mean truly outside of cell service...where there is simply no signal whatsoever...so my phone can't receive any signals from any cell tower anywhere...for more than a few days)...in those situations, I am only able to check my messages using my laptop (not allowed to connect my phone via wifi due to internet security protocols where I work).  Sometimes people who send me text messages sometimes report that they have sent me messages but never heard back.  This is b/c the Messages/Messages+ service does not display them for some reason.  The person sending the message doesn't know that I didn't receive the message, and I don't know that the sender tried to message me. Sometimes when I am in cell service (like now), I am actually able to witness the problem in real time..as a message is received by my phone but not shown on the Messages or Message+ app when I look on my laptop.  I have screenshots that I am happy to share with you if it will help to demonstrate/prove that there is a flaw in the current system. Thanks for any suggestions or other thoughts about ways to fix this...but I can assure you the problem is not with my phone. Cheers... -ryan
Issue still persists...some text messages are received on my phone but do not display in the Message App....
Hi Pherson,       I'll explain more.  The problem occurs in the US as well.  My initial screenshots that I sent in to Verizon were of messages both sent and received in the USA.  The problem ... See more...
Hi Pherson,       I'll explain more.  The problem occurs in the US as well.  My initial screenshots that I sent in to Verizon were of messages both sent and received in the USA.  The problem has nothing to do with banned sites, or sites that only work in certain countries.   For what it is worth, our telephone/internet connection is a satellite based connection that routes through the USA.  When I pick up the telephone here, I am actually on a Denver line.      That others are having the same issue demonstrates that there is a problem with the Messages service not functioning correctly. It is less of a true problem in locations with cell service, because those of us experiencing the issue can reference our phones to see any messages that were missed by the app.      I appreciate your willingness to discuss all this with me, but I also understand that you are unable to offer fixes to the problem.  I will continue to press Verizon for a fix.  However, the first step to fixing any problem is acknowledging that there is one.  Thanks. -ryan
I do appreciate your suggestions, however....it is possible that I'm not explaining the situation completely clearly...I'll try again.  The problem is not the lack of cell service here.  The prob... See more...
I do appreciate your suggestions, however....it is possible that I'm not explaining the situation completely clearly...I'll try again.  The problem is not the lack of cell service here.  The problem is that the app (whether accessed via online browser or via installed app on my laptop) receives most messages that are sent, but occasionally misses some. Regardless of cell service coverage, the internet-based Messages app should work all over the planet, anywhere there is internet access...including here in Antarctica.  One of major benefits of the Messages app is that it enables text messaging independent of cell phone coverage.  However, it is a major flaw if the app can't be trusted to receive all the messages.  I have called Verizon and discussed the issue and was directed to this site.   When I posted the original question, I got a reply from Verizon Customer Care 4 weeks ago...but have not heard back since.  
Hi...the reason I use the Messages app is because there is no cell service coverage in Antarctica...if there was coverage here, then the issue of missing messages in the app wouldn't be as big of... See more...
Hi...the reason I use the Messages app is because there is no cell service coverage in Antarctica...if there was coverage here, then the issue of missing messages in the app wouldn't be as big of a problem. Whether or not Verizon has coverage isn't the issue.  The issue is that the Verizon app misses messages. No one other than Verizon can fix the problem.  The solution can only come from Verizon. 
Yes Leroy, I have the same issue, and am hoping someone from Verizon will look into it.  I got a reply and sent in more info 4 weeks ago, but have heard nothing since.  Maybe if we keep bring... See more...
Yes Leroy, I have the same issue, and am hoping someone from Verizon will look into it.  I got a reply and sent in more info 4 weeks ago, but have heard nothing since.  Maybe if we keep bringing the issue up, then eventually someone from Verizon will acknowledge that there is significant flaw in the Messages app.  -ryan
Thanks for the suggestion...however, as mentioned previously, I am in a location where there is no cell service of any kind.  There is no local company to forward to.  I am in Antarctica from Oct... See more...
Thanks for the suggestion...however, as mentioned previously, I am in a location where there is no cell service of any kind.  There is no local company to forward to.  I am in Antarctica from Oct - Feb each year, and there is simply no cell service here.  I can't use Whatsapp b/c there is no wifi to connect a smartphone to.  The solution has to come from Verizon.  Someone at Verizon must first acknowledge the problem, and then take some sort of action to fix it.  Prior to leaving cell service in New Zealand, I sent in screenshots which show missing messages on the app compared to my phone...but no one at Verizon will acknowledge the issue.  I am somewhat relieved to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue, but it would really be appreciated if someone from Verizon customer support could offer some assistance.  I got a reply from Verizon 4 weeks ago asking for more info, which I provided...but I have heard nothing since. 
Hi there, thanks for the reply. When I'm in a location that has cellphone service, I use my Samsung S7. I have noticed that certain messages are missing from the app ever since I started ... See more...
Hi there, thanks for the reply. When I'm in a location that has cellphone service, I use my Samsung S7. I have noticed that certain messages are missing from the app ever since I started using it (about 6 months ago). I will attach a couple screenshots below so you can see that the app is indeed missing messages. As I mentioned previously, the big problem is that since October I have been working in Antarctica where there is no cell service or wifi, so I can't use my phone...I must rely on the app on my laptop to send/receive messages. This means that I don't know exactly how many messages the app is missing, b/c I can't cross-check with my phone. The only way I know I've missed a message is it the sender mentions it in a later message that I actually do receive on the app. Thanks for any suggestions to remedy this.
Hi Nicole, thanks for the reply.  I believe the messages I'm missing are regular text messages from singular people, however I do know that I have missed group messages in the past as well.  Of c... See more...
Hi Nicole, thanks for the reply.  I believe the messages I'm missing are regular text messages from singular people, however I do know that I have missed group messages in the past as well.  Of course, since October I have had no cell service, so the only way I know I've missed a message on the app is when the sender mentions it in following messages...or if I ask a question, and then get no answer...and then I ask again...and the other person tells me that they replied previously.  I do have some screenshots from September (just before I left cell phone coverage) from both my phone and my laptop that do prove the app is missing messages, and I can forward to you if you'd like to see...just let me know.  Would you like me to post here, or should I email the screenshots to an email address? Thanks in advance for any suggestions to help fix this. -ryan
Hi there.  I switched to Verizon last summer, and also started using the Messages app.  I noticed that every few days I would receive a message on my phone that would not show up in the app (I'm ... See more...
Hi there.  I switched to Verizon last summer, and also started using the Messages app.  I noticed that every few days I would receive a message on my phone that would not show up in the app (I'm not using an iPhone, so it isn't an iMessage issue).  It was annoying, but acceptable b/c I could at least see the missing messages on my phone. However, now I am working in a location that has no cell service of any kind...but we do have internet access, so I am able to use the app to receive messages on my laptop.  This is great, except for the fact that now I can't see the messages that the Messages app misses.  I have searched online and seen that others also have mentioned problems with the app missing messages, but no real solutions. Can anyone from Verizon offer any suggestions of what steps may be taken to address this problem?  Thanks in advance.  If I can't find a way to ensure the messages are going to be reliably delivered to the app, then a switch in carriers will have to happen before my next deployment.  -ryan
Samsung S7, all texts arrive.  However, on my laptop (HP Pavilion running Windows 10) some texts are missing.  The same texts are missing regardless of whether I use the Messages+ or Messages App... See more...
Samsung S7, all texts arrive.  However, on my laptop (HP Pavilion running Windows 10) some texts are missing.  The same texts are missing regardless of whether I use the Messages+ or Messages Apps, or the browser-based version (using Chrome). Very annoying....