Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,208 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

BICEPSBOB's Posts

Hello Verizon?? Is anyone home? I am still looking for answers to my important questions. I know you just want this whole situation to go away, while you rake in the benefits of ripping off every... See more...
Hello Verizon?? Is anyone home? I am still looking for answers to my important questions. I know you just want this whole situation to go away, while you rake in the benefits of ripping off every Note7 owner, making them buy an extra phone that they either already paid for, or for a phone they don't even want (while they wait for a true replacement for the Note7 that they loved), but I at least deserve your time to answer my questions. Thanks
I have been a loyal verizon customer for 2 decades and I have never been so annoyed and frustrated with Verizon as I am right now. I feel you have hung all us Note 7 owners out to dry and are tak... See more...
I have been a loyal verizon customer for 2 decades and I have never been so annoyed and frustrated with Verizon as I am right now. I feel you have hung all us Note 7 owners out to dry and are taking advantage of the Samsung Note 7 disaster, buy making everyone start a new 2 year contract and pay up to $900 for a phone we don't want, while we wait for the Galaxy S8 series phones to come out in a few months. I still have my Note 7 and want to keep it until I can buy an S8 series phone, but Verizon and Samsung are trying to make this impossible by sending an update on Jan 5th to basically disable the phones (unless you are blocking updates). So I contacted Verizon via chat on your website on 12/29 and the rep told me that I could keep using my Note 7 until the S8s come out. I asked about the Jan 5 update and they didn't know what I was talking about. I have the chat saved. So the next day, yesterday, I went to my local Verizon Wireless corporate store to get better answers. My primary question was if I got a S7 Edge now, am I stuck in a 2 year contract? And if I want to upgrade to a phone I actually want, an Galaxy S8, when it comes out in 3-4 months, will I be forced to pay the full price of the S7 Edge off (if I get that phone temporarily), or will I have to pay half of it off and turn it in to be able to get an S8 phone? When I asked one of the sales reps in the store this question, they confirmed that I would need to pay half off and return the S7 Edge to be able to get an S8 phone when they come out. I then looked around the store for a while and I ran into another sales rep and I asked him the same question, but his answer was different! He said I would need to pay the entire S7 Edge off before I could upgrade to an S8 phone. I asked if he was sure and he said he was. He said you only had the option to pay half off if you bought the S7 Edge within the first few months of its original release. Obviously Verizon has totally failed at disseminating information about the Note 7 properly to its employees, but I need accurate real and verified from the very top answers because my phone could be turned off by you in 5 days. Before you answer my important questions below, I want to say that I really enjoy using this, the most advanced phone on Earth, and I use many of its advanced features on a daily basis for my business. I also want to say that I am a victim in this whole Samsung Note 7 disaster, and have 0% fault in what happened, plus in order to upgrade to the Note 7, I had to pay around $450 to pay off my previous phone, which I ended up selling back to you for around $150 in credit. 1. Am I going to have to start paying you for a new phone that I don't even want just so I have something to use for the next 3 months?? 2. What is the correct answer to my question above regarding the payoff and upgradability if I temporarily got a S7 Edge or other phone? 3. What options, that makes sense, do I have for a phone to use for the next 3-4 months while I wait for the true replacement for my Note 7? 4. If I temporarily get another Samsung phone, will I still get the $100 Samsung credit that they are still stating I will get? Thanks and please make sure your answers are correct and verified. Bob Richmond, VA
I wrote this exact message on Samsung's Facebook page and I am still waiting for a reply. I wanted to ask the same question to Verizon, since you are out point of contact. To Samsung: The hug... See more...
I wrote this exact message on Samsung's Facebook page and I am still waiting for a reply. I wanted to ask the same question to Verizon, since you are out point of contact. To Samsung: The huge problem you have created, and only reason I have been unable to return my 2nd gen Note 7 is because I paid over $400 to pay off my previous Galaxy phone 12 months early, so I could trade it in and upgrade to the amazing Note 7. Since Samsung totally screwed up the Note 7, now I have to wait until the Note 8 or S8 series devices come out in 4 - 5 months. If you are literally going to take my Note 7 away, what am I supposed to do? I gave up my paid off phone so I would have no phone. If you want to loan me a used or refurbished S7 Edge until the 8 series devices are out, I head to Verizon to give my Note 7 back right away. It is totally unfair and unethical to make me start a new 24 month Verizon contract and device payment plan for an outdated downgraded S7 edge phone, when I need to upgrade in 4 - 5 months. First of all, I don't know if Verizon would let me upgrade after that short a time, and even if they did, they would make me pay off the $700+ phone balance, and then I'd have to buy or make 24 payments again, on the $900+ Note 8 phone. It sounds like a windfall for Verizon and Samsung, when I didn't do anything wrong. I realize Samsung took billions in losses over this nightmare, but as a long time loyal customer of Samsung, why should I be punished by paying a lot of extra money for a phone I already had and only need for the next several months? This is a problem you have created and not addressed for many hundreds of thousands of your customers who love and appreciate Samsung's hard work in advancing technology for the world, and who want to stand by your side and wait for your next release. Please find a solution for us quickly during this interm and I'm certain the remaining 280,000 Note 7s owners will voluntarily hand them in, and without you using evil tactics like limited battery charge or blocking cellular access. You DO want to keep these most loyal Samsung Cheerleader customers who are holding out right? I'm sure you can come up a loaner phone or other similar solution that won't force us to pay a bunch of extra money that we never intended or planned to pay. Please help us and we will gladly help you. I wish Samsung top management who made the call to cancel the Note 7 could ready this message, because I speak for most. Thanks To Verizon: Is there any off you can work on with Samsung where we could get a refurbished Note 7 Edge to use as a loaner until the Note 8 or 8 series phones come out. I would have no problem paying a rental fee of $25 monthly, as long as You take the loaner back with no additional charges owed or other fees and allow us to upgrade to an 8 series phone.
Actually, what you explained above is how the credits worked once the 2nd recall began on October 10th. In early September after a few dozen phones burned up (And then when the 1st recall offi... See more...
Actually, what you explained above is how the credits worked once the 2nd recall began on October 10th. In early September after a few dozen phones burned up (And then when the 1st recall officially began on Sept 15th), Samsung announced that you could return your phone for a full refund, or downgrade to another phone, and for the inconvenience everyone would get a $25 credit for doing either. However, I exchanged my original Note 7 for the 2nd generation Note 7 on Sept 20th, which was the first day replacement Note 7s were available. So this was well before the $25/$100 offer was available. My billing cycle begins on the 3rd of the month. So November 3rd marked the 2nd bill since I did the exchsnge... And no $25 credit anywhere. It's taken care of now, so I'm all good. But I just wanted to make sure other Verizon customers followed up on their due credits.
Verizon is playing dirty with the $25 Note 7 exchange credits... First they give you the story that you will get the credit after 15 days of doing the exchange. Next they say: "Well actually it's... See more...
Verizon is playing dirty with the $25 Note 7 exchange credits... First they give you the story that you will get the credit after 15 days of doing the exchange. Next they say: "Well actually it's on the bill the follows the 15 days after you exchange." Well that's not true either! I exchanged my original note 7 on Sept 20th for the second Note 7. It's November 5th and I just got my 2nd bill since the return and there is no $25 credit. So I had to contact them to get the $25 credit...but guess what... I got an e-mail after the credit was applied and they only gave me $20 credit... so I had to contact them again to get the other $5... unbelievable. All this can't be a coincidence!