Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,521 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

LShimmy7's Posts

Here's a simple fix: Have you tried using your husband's phone for the business? See if his phone can handle the business and see if your phone fares better if it's being used less.   ... See more...
       Here's a simple fix: Have you tried using your husband's phone for the business? See if his phone can handle the business and see if your phone fares better if it's being used less.      The battery cover could easily be fixed with a piece of tape, although it wouldn't be an aesthetically-pleasing remedy.      If your phone is a lemon, but can at least do what your husband needs it to do, and his phone works properly and does what you need it to do, then you won't have to send anything back to anyone.     Not the most technical solution, but I'd say it's worth a shot.         Shimmy.
      To amend my last post, that should have said "OS upgrades," not specifically the Blackberry one. It's not unusual for me to forget what's going on and then remember all of a sudden an hou... See more...
      To amend my last post, that should have said "OS upgrades," not specifically the Blackberry one. It's not unusual for me to forget what's going on and then remember all of a sudden an hour later.
       My enV Touch used Bing and it reset itself about 5 times a day. Software upgrade fixed it, though. It never happened after the upgrade...It's funny how these things never happened to the... See more...
       My enV Touch used Bing and it reset itself about 5 times a day. Software upgrade fixed it, though. It never happened after the upgrade...It's funny how these things never happened to the pay-as-you-go Virgin Mobile phones I paid $19.99 for Even my LG Chocolate 3 never did anything confounding. My old Motorola (q9m?) and the enV Touch did bizarre things. Sometimes I think it's cosmic punishment for owning a phone that can do everything short of chew our food for us Simple phones that do the traditional "phone" thing and little else are the reliable ones...I'm gonna go play with my Blackberry now-lol.      Shimmy.
       When I needed a software upgrade for my last phone (enV Touch-randomly reset itself), I took it to the Verizon store in the local mall and was told that only the "corporate Verizon locat... See more...
       When I needed a software upgrade for my last phone (enV Touch-randomly reset itself), I took it to the Verizon store in the local mall and was told that only the "corporate Verizon locations" could perform software upgrades. There are two within a few miles of the local mall so it wasn't a problem to drive on over to one...So I'm assuming this upgrade was performed at a "corporate Verizon location."      Did you ask anyone why the phone wasn't working after the upgrade? And how long did it take you to realize it wasn't working after it was returned to you? I'd be very surprised if you were flatly denied some promise of recourse (the free kind) if the phone was returned to you and you could tell immediately that it was not working. As someone who works retail, I see situations every day where the company sides with the consumer (money) over the employee (easily replaceable), even when the consumer wants something s/he isn't actually entitled to (you can tell I work underneath the giant corporate nebula, right? lol).      Really think about what happened. If you gave them a functional phone and got a paperweight back, set aside some time to call Verizon and try to sort out the situation, being as level-headed as possible. If I were you, I'd have the store's phone number and store number available and just give it to whomever you speak with. If, as another poster stated, Verizon stores aren't supposed to do Blackberry upgrades, and that store did, that may be the smoking gun. Just make sure you have all your bases covered and do it calmly.
     I don't know if you've resolved this issue yet, but something similar happened with my phone. Maybe I can help. Go to the Blackberry website and go through the support options there. I los... See more...
     I don't know if you've resolved this issue yet, but something similar happened with my phone. Maybe I can help. Go to the Blackberry website and go through the support options there. I lost icons and only needed to remove my battery to fix the problem, but there are 3 other causes. I don't remember them off-hand, but they're outlined on the BB support site.    Hope this helps.      Shimmy.    
       Using the route you described, Doc, I ended up being sent to the Blackberry support site. It turns out icons can go missing if one of four things goes wrong. The only thing that sounded ... See more...
       Using the route you described, Doc, I ended up being sent to the Blackberry support site. It turns out icons can go missing if one of four things goes wrong. The only thing that sounded remotely like my problem was the "corrupt theme" error. I gave it a shot, troubleshooting as I was directed to. Apparently, when I put my battery in and took it back out to find my MEID (not realizing the MEID was also on my receipt until after the fact), I corrupted the "theme" myself. A hard reset (battery out) was all it took to restore the missing icons.      No, this is my first Blackberry, but not my first smartphone. Never needed tech. support with my other phones so I was getting a little worried. Never had to look at my other phone's manuals. I was afraid Verizon sent me my first lemon.      Thanks for the response. You got the ball rolling for me.
       I just received a Blackberry Pearl Flip yesterday and began setting it up late last night. I had to wait until this morning to activate it. I tried accessing the browser, e-mail, and my ... See more...
       I just received a Blackberry Pearl Flip yesterday and began setting it up late last night. I had to wait until this morning to activate it. I tried accessing the browser, e-mail, and my Visual Voicemail account, but couldn't find a way to do that. Feeling **bleep**, I checked the manual. OK, simple enough. How could I have such a hard time finding things that should be right off of the main menu? Apparently, because the icons are missing. I have no Visual Voicemail icon, no Browser icon, and no e-mail set-up option. I've dug through every menu (I think). I know I have a Visual Voicemail account because I've been using it for 6 months now from my old phone. I could be missing something because I've been in a hurry. I'm in a hurry right now. So I wouldn't rule out that I've simpy overlooked something obvious. But if the icons truly are not there, could anyone figure out why they'd be missing?     Thanks in advance,     Shimmy.