Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,931 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

KSGerber's Posts

The Verizon S21 Ultra has 128 GB and 256 GB memory available. The unlocked has those in addition to 512 GB. If you have to have 512 GB then get the unlocked. Be aware some Verizon apps won't work. Th... See more...
The Verizon S21 Ultra has 128 GB and 256 GB memory available. The unlocked has those in addition to 512 GB. If you have to have 512 GB then get the unlocked. Be aware some Verizon apps won't work. They are mentioned by others posting.
The unlocked phone will work but some Verizon apps may not work like Visual Voicemail, WIFI calling etc. You can order a Verizon phone on the Samsung website. I think it around the same price as unlo... See more...
The unlocked phone will work but some Verizon apps may not work like Visual Voicemail, WIFI calling etc. You can order a Verizon phone on the Samsung website. I think it around the same price as unlocked. I think it is better to get the carrier phone if other things are equal.
Your phone thinks it is wet at the charging port. If it is, then it must be dried. I had my phone give me the same message when it got wet.   I would recommend putting the phone near a bright light b... See more...
Your phone thinks it is wet at the charging port. If it is, then it must be dried. I had my phone give me the same message when it got wet.   I would recommend putting the phone near a bright light bulb that is turned on like a lamp. A few inches away is good where you can feel the warmth of the bulb, not too close or far. Have the charging port of the phone face the light bulb. Leave it there with the light on for a few hours. This worked for me.  It dried out the port.
From what I understand, The texts sent that say delivered are sent to Verizon phone customers. Verizon knows that their customer received the text. The texts set to customers of other cell phone prov... See more...
From what I understand, The texts sent that say delivered are sent to Verizon phone customers. Verizon knows that their customer received the text. The texts set to customers of other cell phone providers just show sent. Verizon cannot confirm they received the text. Just that it was successfully sent.
I'm sorry the 3rd party protection plan provider did not do what they were supposed to do and fix or replace your phone. Have a few questions. Have you tried another charger? It may be your charger t... See more...
I'm sorry the 3rd party protection plan provider did not do what they were supposed to do and fix or replace your phone. Have a few questions. Have you tried another charger? It may be your charger that is bad. If something small got into the phone USB C charging port such as some lint or debris that may cause your charging port to not work. I had a few years ago some lint do this. The phone manufacturer, I'm guessing Samsung may fix the phone under their warranty if it is still covered. Just some suggestions that may help.
I have noticed this also about deleting a number or changing a number in a contact and it still being there. Do you have Verizon cloud to save or backup contacts or google or both? The number is stil... See more...
I have noticed this also about deleting a number or changing a number in a contact and it still being there. Do you have Verizon cloud to save or backup contacts or google or both? The number is still showing from one or both of them. Update Verizon Cloud to get rid of the old number (run app to backup). The number can be saved or stored in one or the other or both.  If the number is also in Google you would have to update the number saved in Google. If you just have have it backed up with Verizon the next time Verizon Cloud does a backup the number will then disappear if you don't want to do a backup right away. I think this will solve the problem.
If you phone got wet, especially at the charging port, the phone won't charge as stated. If you dry out the phone at the charging port then your phone should work. If it is an error, you could use a ... See more...
If you phone got wet, especially at the charging port, the phone won't charge as stated. If you dry out the phone at the charging port then your phone should work. If it is an error, you could use a wireless charger as stated previously. A good method to dry out your charging port faster is to put your phone charging port near a light bulb ( few inches away) and let the light and heat dry out the moisture faster, perhaps a couple of hours.. This has worked for me. Good luck.
I read the web postings about it. Samsung is going to update the S9 to Android 10. It will probably be shortly after the S10 is updated. I've been with Verizon for nearly 20 years. They don't publish... See more...
I read the web postings about it. Samsung is going to update the S9 to Android 10. It will probably be shortly after the S10 is updated. I've been with Verizon for nearly 20 years. They don't publish when an update is coming out until it is about to come out. It usually takes a few months of beta testing before an update comes out. Normally Verizon will put the update out shortly after Sprint and At&t put their's out. I'm guessing but I have seen it that way over the years. Most likely it will be very early 2020.
Verizon will not say when the 10 update is coming. They normally won't say until the update is about to come out. I would guess probably late December to February. Android 10 is being tested on the S9.
Just a guess. You said you dropped the phone in the grass, after that it had problems charging. Pehaps there is some tiny debris in the charging port that is making a poor connection so the phone doe... See more...
Just a guess. You said you dropped the phone in the grass, after that it had problems charging. Pehaps there is some tiny debris in the charging port that is making a poor connection so the phone does not recognize the charger. Perhaps getting a pipe cleaner and some denatured alcohol and gently cleaning the charging port might work. A tiny dirt or grass particle could be causing the problem.
It may be that when you activated your new phone, Google and or Verizon cloud downloaded your old info from your old phone to your new one. If you aren't on WiFi you can use a lot of data with ad... See more...
It may be that when you activated your new phone, Google and or Verizon cloud downloaded your old info from your old phone to your new one. If you aren't on WiFi you can use a lot of data with address book, email set up info, photos, music, apps being transferred from old phone to new one. Apps updating on new phone. Your new phone updating with the newest android OS updates. That is my guess and it should be a one time event.
An SD card is great move your pictures, videos, music etc to it.You can also clear up memory by deleting old emails (empty trash). Get rid of temp files. Clear your web browser. As stated by othe... See more...
An SD card is great move your pictures, videos, music etc to it.You can also clear up memory by deleting old emails (empty trash). Get rid of temp files. Clear your web browser. As stated by others. You can go Settings>Device Maintenance>Storage and get rid of temp files and files you don't need anymore. Get rid of downloads you don't need anymore.
I use the regular Voicemail app and it still works fine with Oreo. Perhaps you can try it. You get notifications of VM, no *86 needed.
This may or may not help you. It did help me when my phone is sometimes laggy. How much free space do you have in internal storage? You should have at least 2 GB or your phone will be slow. Move ... See more...
This may or may not help you. It did help me when my phone is sometimes laggy. How much free space do you have in internal storage? You should have at least 2 GB or your phone will be slow. Move files to the SD card (if you have one). Delete the Trash on your emails. Do you have a lot of Apps running in the background? You can stop ones you don't need running in the background by going to Settings>go to Battery>Save Power> choose Apps that you want to save power with by closing. This will speed up your phone some. You can also open the MyVerizon app>select Devices>click on the phone you have> choose Run Device Health Check> Go to Storage>select Clear All. This can speed up your phone also. You can also go to Performance and see if any apps are using a lot of resources. You may have an app or two that did not update properly and are sucking resources. You may have to uninstall and reinstall some apps. See what apps are using a lot of power. Just some suggestions. Hope it helps.
Yes,  they make glass screen protectors for the S7 Edge. You can see many on Amazon's website. Many are under $10.
Exactly. The problem is with the app since the Nougat update. I sometime get spam calls and I block them. I work nights and I hate getting woken up in the day. It is more convenient to block the ... See more...
Exactly. The problem is with the app since the Nougat update. I sometime get spam calls and I block them. I work nights and I hate getting woken up in the day. It is more convenient to block the number on my phone but I just log on with my laptop and can do it. At least I am not alone with this. Thank you for letting me know that.
The MyVerizon app cannot be uninstalled. I disabled it and then enabled it and reinstalled updates. I have tried everything. The problem is not on my end. The app has a problem. It needs to be fi... See more...
The MyVerizon app cannot be uninstalled. I disabled it and then enabled it and reinstalled updates. I have tried everything. The problem is not on my end. The app has a problem. It needs to be fixed. It is not a big deal since most of the app works fine and I can update blocking phone numbers online with my laptop. There seems to be a slight difference with the MyVerizon app withe those on older calling plans and the new plans according to the app info on the google play store. The app worked fine before Nougat. So far this is the only problem I've had with Nougat. I appreciate the help but people are suggesting things I have already tried and stated earlier.
I have not downloaded any new apps. I rebooted in safemode, no change. The only change  is upgrading to Nougat 7.0. I think there is a problem with the MyVerizon app. It only crashes and closes w... See more...
I have not downloaded any new apps. I rebooted in safemode, no change. The only change  is upgrading to Nougat 7.0. I think there is a problem with the MyVerizon app. It only crashes and closes when I want to do the Manage Family Safeguards and Controls and enter my password. Everything else on the app works fine such as pay bills or check data usage. I think the problem is with the app not my phone. I had a news app not work well and crash on occasion when I updated to a newer version of android a while ago, a few months later they fixed the app and it worked fine. I think there is the same problem here. I don't do it very often and I guess I will update my block phone # list on my laptop to the Verizon web site.
I updated the app. I can't uninstall and reinstall the app because Verizon won't allow it. I even disabled the app and re enabled app then re updated it. I can sign in with my password and everyt... See more...
I updated the app. I can't uninstall and reinstall the app because Verizon won't allow it. I even disabled the app and re enabled app then re updated it. I can sign in with my password and everything on the app works great except if you want to go to the Manage Family Safeguards and Controls then enter the password. If you go to that, the app crashes and closes. No error message. The app is messed up. I am on an old calling plan. There is a note in the Playstore for MyVerizon stating that I have a new icon but the same My Verizon app experience is same as before. It worked when I had 6.0 but 7.0 does not work with the MyVerizon app with Manage Family Safeguard and Controls. Everything on the app works great except this one thing. There is a problem with the app.
I just updated to Android 7 Nougat. Everything seems to work fine except the MyVerizon app when you have to log on with your password. Then it crashes. I rebooted the phone and disabled the app a... See more...
I just updated to Android 7 Nougat. Everything seems to work fine except the MyVerizon app when you have to log on with your password. Then it crashes. I rebooted the phone and disabled the app and reinstalled updates. If you don't have to submit your password (for most things you don't) the app works fine. I wanted to block a phone number and the app just crashes (after submitting my password) and closes. I added the blocked number via my laptop. The MyVerizon app is I guess the older version since I don't have a new plan (It says that in the Google Playstore info about the app). I guess the app has a problem with Nougat update. It worked fine before with Android 6.