Oh I apologize I forgot to answer part of your question, it's not an issue with my Wi-Fi, and I don't typically notice it when I leave my residence where my neighborhood I should say because I ... Ver más...
Oh I apologize I forgot to answer part of your question, it's not an issue with my Wi-Fi, and I don't typically notice it when I leave my residence where my neighborhood I should say because I don't have any service in my whole neighborhood. It's just a dead zone you guys have sent out technicians to try to readjust the towers and everything and for some reason this area is just not good for cell phone signals with Verizon on this device. My wife's phone which is the Samsung has no issues and get service and doesn't have the problem with the Wi-Fi calling at all it's not anything to do with outside circumstances. The only reason I'm not getting calls at all is because I don't have any service whatsoever through the regular Network. When I am away I have service everywhere pretty much so I get my calls. As soon as I drive out of my neighborhood my phone starts lighting up with messages and voicemails and things like that. As stated previously I would be able to deal with that and it's not that big of an issue except that I work from home and then self employed owning my own business, my business primarily deals in technology, it's really two businesses to be honest one is a review company and we are contracted through many different bigger companies and media Outlets and other types of companies for product research and the other half of my business is Consulting Services for streamlining operations utilizing technology. I had been able to push and be an advocate for Verizon's Service as part of my job but I haven't been able to do that lately because it's just not true that they have coverage everywhere because I don't have even a 1x signal at my residence and have to spend hours a day at a park up the street in order to do any of my business Michael Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
Thank you for reaching back out to me I appreciate it. Aside from replacing the phone I did every single troubleshooting technique that is available. Both from Verizon as well as Google. Google... Ver más...
Thank you for reaching back out to me I appreciate it. Aside from replacing the phone I did every single troubleshooting technique that is available. Both from Verizon as well as Google. Google stated that the problem is solely with Verizon Google pixel 2 XL and they don't have the issue with other carriers. Something about security protocols interfering with Wi-Fi calling. It's at a point now where if I don't check my phone every 5 minutes then I don't get any calls at all. And even though text messages come in on a different band or wavelength I still don't get those either any longer. I don't know what else to do I've already had the phone replaced and done everything I could think about and everything that I was instructed to do. Is there any way that I can return the phone and get my money back because it's still within the first year? Michael Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
Absolutely that's a fantastic idea, unfortunately it's one that I've already tried months ago to no avail. Being that it's solely an issue with the Google pixel 2 I'm inclined to believe that i... Ver más...
Absolutely that's a fantastic idea, unfortunately it's one that I've already tried months ago to no avail. Being that it's solely an issue with the Google pixel 2 I'm inclined to believe that it has something to do with Google security patches that it rolled out over the last couple months because that's really when the issue started to rear its ugly head. I know that Verizon handles the Wi-Fi calling through its system but Google's new security protocols I believe are shutting that down because it perceives it as a threat of data mining. I've read the script of all this stuff and very well-versed in some areas, not all. What makes it so difficult is I have zero service at my residence. My wife has service and she has the brand new Galaxy phone and my son has service and it's really just me. So with this Wi-Fi issue literally ending phone calls in the middle of them it's kind of hard to run my business buy my reviewer and I own a company called streamline consultations where am I use technology to integrate better ways of conducting business to save money I look like a fool when I can't even make a phone call. Being that my phone has to switch who roaming mode because I have zero service at my house in a metropolitan area I am left with a useless device that is fully paid for. Google is really pushing for their new security protocols to be implemented throughout all of their devices with their branding whether it be on your network or not this is something they want to guarantee aside from network issues. I attend their symposiums on these types of things regularly. As amazing as the Google pixel 2 is and it truly is an amazing phone I just finished paying for a glorified paperweight I can't even make a phone call at my house I need to drive about a half-mile away to get a call that might drop or it might just stay in roaming. I have done every single troubleshooting tactic there is up to replacing the phone. This is cost me so much money and time. Verizon is the only company that is equipped to deal with something like this and really the only fair thing to do would be to provide me a comprable phone as in the new Samsung plus the bigger of the two and provide it for free being that my phone is completely paid for. And I paid full price for it after the representative at the corporate store took advantage of my not paying attention to the way he was structuring everything sneakily. My son's biological father had just been killed by the police in my son was suffering PTSD my mind was elsewhere and this particular individual knew that. How would I go into a Verizon store to add a line and use my last upgrade I say last because after that you guys weren't offering the massive discounts on upgrades like you used to why would I not use those and decide to pay full price for the phone? It is because of that that I feel I am entitled to a replacement at full value and I paid over $1,000 for my phone so I feel I should be able to pick any phone in your guyses line up if you want to be able to keep my business and I really hope you do because I don't have the money to go out and purchase a new one. I am not adding another large sum of money to my account with you guys you have already brought me through the wringer at you can go back on my account 8 years and see how you guys had a dummy phone with a data plan on my account for over a year-and-a-half before that cost me all kinds of money and problems. Running a technology-based company and not being able to be on the phone is truly detrimental to me and would result in me having the move and go through all these extra issues. I've always been an advocate of Verizon but you guys have left me scorned I appreciate the personal attention I truly do and this is not a personal attack but if you have the deal with the stuff that I have to deal with while trying to take care of a family and deal with the issue at the same time it's almost too much to bear. Some of that legendary customer service and compassion in the realm of what can we do to fix this individual's life that we have helped damage is what I need from you guys to move on. Situation like this as bad as this sounds I have to think of my family and let go of my pride, this is a good marketing thing for you guys to show that you care about your customers. Everyone knows you have the best service but behind the Verizon curtain why's a Sea of Faces with no distinction. Bring some distinction to it empathize with my kids to go see therapist as if it were you struggling to be able to put food on the table because your phone drops calls. Help how I can say On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 6:10 AM vzw_customer_support <
It's a problem inherent to the pixel line of phones. None of the other smartphones in my residence or my neighbors have the issue. But the funny thing is it's a Verizon software that controls the... Ver más...
It's a problem inherent to the pixel line of phones. None of the other smartphones in my residence or my neighbors have the issue. But the funny thing is it's a Verizon software that controls the Wi-Fi calling even on an unbranded Google Store purchased pixel phone it's still in the Wheelhouse of Verizon. I can't seem to get Verizon or Google to nail down exactly what it is but with Google at least they're saying the problem might be with them and they're willing to try to work it out with me. I'm on the other chat line with them right now, and I've already had to go through the hassle of replacing my phone thinking it was just a singularity, I should have done my research. But this was never a problem until about 2 months ago, was it a problem for you before that? I also noticed that it became exceedingly worse after last security patch. Google's telling me the security credentials might have something to do with it. Something about Verizon wanting to data mine your phone and the Google pixel phone trying to prevent unauthorized access. That is not a solid answer and it's not a hundred percent me and this gentleman are really just speaking peer-to-peer about it he just happens to work for Google. Like I said not a definitive answer but it sure sounds right
Google just told me that Wi-Fi calling is controlled by Verizon. That seems to make sense because if you notice in the settings and on the shade the part that you pull down at the top of the scre... Ver más...
Google just told me that Wi-Fi calling is controlled by Verizon. That seems to make sense because if you notice in the settings and on the shade the part that you pull down at the top of the screen it says Verizon Wi-Fi calling I can definitely see them disabling it thus forcing you to increase your data rates so they can try to sell you on a higher plan. Google has no stake in making their product look bad, kind of like how AT&T and Apple users have their phone slow down when they get older because the manufacturer actually slows them down to make them think they need a new phone. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some stuff like that
I am having the same issue with my Google pixel 2 XL I even went so far as to get a replacement and the issue has not changed. It really started getting worse and worse about two patches ago or t... Ver más...
I am having the same issue with my Google pixel 2 XL I even went so far as to get a replacement and the issue has not changed. It really started getting worse and worse about two patches ago or two and a half months ago. I spoke to Google and they tried to pass the buck off and say that it was a carrier issue but I forwarded that excuse when I explained that even in airplane mode the pixel software is removing security credentials and removing me from the network forcing me to go into roaming. Could be a Verizon thing could be a Google thing, either way your best bet in getting real help is going through Google. What a joke sorry about your problem I hope you get it fixed. I'm struggling with it too, I have a phone appointment with Google in an hour I'll come back and update for you to see if there's anything that I find out Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
Every time I reread this I have to correct you I'm sorry. But when you have a global phone the SIM card has everything to do with it I can take my device to any carrier in the entire world but yo... Ver más...
Every time I reread this I have to correct you I'm sorry. But when you have a global phone the SIM card has everything to do with it I can take my device to any carrier in the entire world but you're right that doesn't have anything to do with it and it's not pertinent to the main question I'm asking right? I'm always thankful and grateful for anyone that can provide any type of real information that has its roots and origins in knowledgeable foundations. [removed] Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​
It has nothing to do with flashing the phone it has everything to do with unlocking it so it can be used anywhere I please. And Verizon has every obligation to do so. Being an old employee of the... Ver más...
It has nothing to do with flashing the phone it has everything to do with unlocking it so it can be used anywhere I please. And Verizon has every obligation to do so. Being an old employee of them and up-to-date on the regulations set forth by the FCC I'm pretty aware of what their requirements are in regards to this particular topic. I was just hoping someone else might have known I'm not going to go online and Google something I know already. But just so you know, before I wasted anyone elses time I already did Google it and just like everyone else you have to call your service provider and have them unlock it. Truth be told Verizon is the easiest to have this done with. Much easier than any other provider. You just have to call and request it. The Only Rule or stipulation that can prevent them from unlocking your phone legally is if you owe money on it otherwise they can do nothing to stop you from requesting to do this. And again it has nothing to do with flashing the phone or anything like that it's merely unlocking the SIM card. Yes the term bootloader is synonymous with those that root phones but that is not my goal here. I used to work for Verizon as a technician I know what I'm talking about.
Hey everybody, I was looking for some help with unlocking my SIM card slash my bootloader so that I can use my paid off phone with another service provider. I know that by law they are require... Ver más...
Hey everybody, I was looking for some help with unlocking my SIM card slash my bootloader so that I can use my paid off phone with another service provider. I know that by law they are required and by they I mean Verizon and any other company are required to unlock the phone upon request as long as the individual has paid the device off. I can't seem to get any real traction on this whenever I call and have been hung up on more times then I've been ripped off by Verizon,, that mean tell you it's quite a bit. For 3 Lines they've managed to squeeze $340 out of me a month and somehow I'm paying the most for a regular no feature no data phone. The guy who set up the account did something screwy and they've never been able to fix it I spent weeks trying to get it right and these guys can't do it so I just need some help from the community with this. It's a shame because for the most part the people that work for Verizon are pretty great, but they don't go the extra mile. Even when they know I was ripped off and intentionally misled and didn't get credit for a trade in and didn't get any of my rebates they never went the extra mile to really try to help me which has resulted in me paying thousands of extra dollars. There's even a point in time where for a year-and-a-half they added a third line( this was before I actually had a third) and charged me data for it for a year-and-a-half. It's been nothing but trouble I don't even have service at my house and no matter how many times I call in to validate my case with evidence no one has ever been able to clear it up. I used to work for Verizon and I know for a fact there's a way to do it I just haven't been able to find anyone that's been willing to go out of their way to help a customer so after a decade of service and the last five years of them continually ripping me off to the tune of 5 to $6,000 this is not an exaggeration I am done with this company. It really really stinks because I loved being with Verizon. Modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​