Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,097 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JOSZEF30's Posts

If you've read this thread, you'll know that the power button was getting sluggish and un-responsive.  Eventually, it died completely.  The power cord and charger had nothing to do with this because ... See more...
If you've read this thread, you'll know that the power button was getting sluggish and un-responsive.  Eventually, it died completely.  The power cord and charger had nothing to do with this because it wasn't hooked up when this happened.  Please stop bothering be because this thread is as dead as my old phone.
In order to follow the instructions you linked to, it has to be turned on, and it doesn't turn on any more.  And, I've tried the Factory Reset before, on my old phone and all it did was mess up my se... See more...
In order to follow the instructions you linked to, it has to be turned on, and it doesn't turn on any more.  And, I've tried the Factory Reset before, on my old phone and all it did was mess up my settings; it never helped at all.  Is there any reason to think that it will help this time, or is this just a last-ditch hope?
Your last "suggestion" KILLED MY PHONE.  I had to buy a new one, and any more discussion on this thread is redumdant.
My old phone died, so I bought a new Galaxy A10.  I was told that I could restore my backup to my Gmail account and get everything back.  I can't find out how to do that so I tried reinstalling some ... See more...
My old phone died, so I bought a new Galaxy A10.  I was told that I could restore my backup to my Gmail account and get everything back.  I can't find out how to do that so I tried reinstalling some of my programs as that's supposed to bring back the data.  Wrong!  Not only that, I can't even get the programs I've restored to show up on the main screen.  What do I do now?
I went to the local Verizon Store and bought a new phone and am now busy getting my data and apps restored.  Color this thread SOLVED with no help from anybody here.
Thanx for nothing: now, I can't get it to turn back on.  I held the power button down for 20 seconds non-stop and it didn't react.
The only change is that if I press the button at the bottom of the phone's face after trying to wake it up, it wakes up.
No and no.
I picked this board because there isn't one for my ASUS ZenFone.  For the last few days my power button has been sluggish and almost completely unresponsive.  Is there anything I can do to get it wor... See more...
I picked this board because there isn't one for my ASUS ZenFone.  For the last few days my power button has been sluggish and almost completely unresponsive.  Is there anything I can do to get it working again?
I tried Zedge; it was useless.  I need to download ringtones into the correct folder and Zedge won't let you pick the folder.  Everything it can do, I can do directly from the website.
Aha!  Volume down!  I missed that.  Thanx for taking all this time to help!
hat doesn't work.  I have Android 8.1.0 and that needs version 9.
How can I post a screenshot if I only have the one phone?
Thanx!  That's what I thought until I saw days where the weather symbol was for snow, but with 0% above it and wondered, as that doesn't really make sense.
No, I don't.  That's why I asked how to take a screen shot of my phone.
How?  I only have the one phone.
I have the ASUS_A009 and the weather app that comes with it.   It shows, among other things, the predicted weather and temperatures for the next seven days.  Just above the icons for the weather, the... See more...
I have the ASUS_A009 and the weather app that comes with it.   It shows, among other things, the predicted weather and temperatures for the next seven days.  Just above the icons for the weather, there's percentages, but there's no explanation of what they mean.  I'd ask the developers, but I don't know the apps name as it doesn't show up in either the Play Store or Application Manager.  If anybody knows what the percentages represent, or the program's name, I'd appreciate any useful information.
Of course I tested it; how else would I know it works?  I still have to have the plug in Just Right, and it sometimes stops charging for no apparent reason, but with a little care I can get it fully ... See more...
Of course I tested it; how else would I know it works?  I still have to have the plug in Just Right, and it sometimes stops charging for no apparent reason, but with a little care I can get it fully charged at home, and sometimes get it to charge in the car.
I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I s... See more...
I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I should have remembered something an old friend, Dr. Pournelle, said: Always suspect the cables.
Only as a last resort.  More often than not it charges correctly, although sometimes it tiakes some fussing with it to get it to charge at the proper rate.