Of course I tested it; how else would I know it works?  I still have to have the plug in Just Right, and it sometimes stops charging for no apparent reason, but with a little care I can get it fully ... Ver más...
Of course I tested it; how else would I know it works?  I still have to have the plug in Just Right, and it sometimes stops charging for no apparent reason, but with a little care I can get it fully charged at home, and sometimes get it to charge in the car.
I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I s... Ver más...
I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I should have remembered something an old friend, Dr. Pournelle, said: Always suspect the cables.
Only as a last resort.  More often than not it charges correctly, although sometimes it tiakes some fussing with it to get it to charge at the proper rate.
It also happens sometimes in my car, with cable from Verizon and a third party adapter, although never this bad.y.
It's not data I lost, but app settings and locations.  I know where the nearest Verizon store is, I've been there, and they were less than no help.  All they wanted to do was sell me a new cord, with... Ver más...
It's not data I lost, but app settings and locations.  I know where the nearest Verizon store is, I've been there, and they were less than no help.  All they wanted to do was sell me a new cord, without explaining why.  Do you have any real suggestions, or are you just going to try to get me to spend money for no good reason?
Please read my original post before replying.  Among other things, it says that I was using the original cord and charger when this happened.
Yes, I tried the reset.  Worst thing I cold have done.  Not only didn't it change anything, I'm still trying to get things back the way they were.
I've been having problems with slow charging for several months, but most of the time it clears up if I remove and reinsert the cable several times, or turn it around.  I've checked the port and don'... Ver más...
I've been having problems with slow charging for several months, but most of the time it clears up if I remove and reinsert the cable several times, or turn it around.  I've checked the port and don't see any damage.  Also, I should mention that it's only been that bad the one time, but I'd like to keep it from happening again if possible.
As the title says, my phone keeps going into slow charging mode.  (I'm not sure this is the right board, but I couldn't find one for ASUS.)  Moderators, please move it if need be.  I'm using the orig... Ver más...
As the title says, my phone keeps going into slow charging mode.  (I'm not sure this is the right board, but I couldn't find one for ASUS.)  Moderators, please move it if need be.  I'm using the original cord and charger, and most of the time I have to remove and reinsert the cable several times to get it to work right.  I also have a second cable, bought directly from Verizon, in my car that has the same issues.  Last night, it spent so much time in slow charge mode that it was turned off and empty this morning.  The phone is just over a year old, and I doubt it's ready to replace yet.  ¿Qué puedo hacer?
My Zenfone 5 also didn't receive today's alert, although my sister's phone, on a different carrier, did.  Checking, there doesn't seem to be any app installed to deal with this or any place in my... Ver más...
My Zenfone 5 also didn't receive today's alert, although my sister's phone, on a different carrier, did.  Checking, there doesn't seem to be any app installed to deal with this or any place in my Settings as referred to in an earlier post.  I'm not trying to hijack the question, but I hope that broadening its scope may be of some help.
Thank you; it took a little bit of hunting around, but I found the right place and removed Verizon Cloud from my account.  Now, I have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that my contacts, ... Ver más...
Thank you; it took a little bit of hunting around, but I found the right place and removed Verizon Cloud from my account.  Now, I have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that my contacts, files and other private data are completely under my own control, and not on somebody else's computers where they're vulnerable to a data breach.
Excellent!  That should solve both issues with one click!
I sometimes need to make notes of Linux commands in my notepad app (Fast Notepad) but it keeps autocorrecting them unless I write them l i k e t h i s.  How can I stop that?  Also, I have an impo... Ver más...
I sometimes need to make notes of Linux commands in my notepad app (Fast Notepad) but it keeps autocorrecting them unless I write them l i k e t h i s.  How can I stop that?  Also, I have an important email address with a typo in it that's not in my contacts and it keeps "correcting" the address to the worng one.  I have a ZenFone V if it matters.
Thank you for finally answering my question.  I suspected that it wasn't possible, although it was trivial on my old phone.
From the Home Screen, I tap on the little circle at the bottom.  What else?
Here are the exact instructions:    Go to the Account Overview page in My Verizon.     Click Edit Device Name next to the device you want to name.     Enter names for one or more of your dev... Ver más...
Here are the exact instructions:    Go to the Account Overview page in My Verizon.     Click Edit Device Name next to the device you want to name.    Ingresa los nombres para uno o más de tus dispositivos.     Click Save Changes. Alas, they fail because there isn't a link named "Edit Device Name" on that page.
I can't change it directly on the phone, so I went to the Verizon Knowledge Base and found a link to a faq that's supposed to give instructions: it says to go to Manage Your Device and there's a ... Ver más...
I can't change it directly on the phone, so I went to the Verizon Knowledge Base and found a link to a faq that's supposed to give instructions: it says to go to Manage Your Device and there's a link to a page that lets you change the device's name, but the link isn't there any more.
I was referring to the faq on this site, not one that you had personally created.  In any event, do you have an answer?
That takes it off of the Home Screen, which is where I want it.  I want to have apps that are ONLY on the Home Screen.
As I asked in my question, I want to have some apps only show up on the Home Screen and not on the Main Menu, or whatever you want to call it.  Having the same icon in both places is wasteful and... Ver más...
As I asked in my question, I want to have some apps only show up on the Home Screen and not on the Main Menu, or whatever you want to call it.  Having the same icon in both places is wasteful and redundant.