If your service is suspended beware they will charge you a reconnect fee just for you to talk to financial services. $20 per device!
We left Verizon because they were ask to remove a device back in march/April and refuse to credit the account for their mistake but constantly commented about the bill now being paid after addi... Ver más...
We left Verizon because they were ask to remove a device back in march/April and refuse to credit the account for their mistake but constantly commented about the bill now being paid after adding 3 reconnect charges per device(4 devices) for 3 months.
I keep getting told ours would be handled also and it never was that's why we switched carriers Verizon I have noticed does not keep their word.
They did this to my sons account and we left. Most cell companies only charge a reconnect fee for the account Verizon charges per device multiple times a month. May want to check out the other... Ver más...
They did this to my sons account and we left. Most cell companies only charge a reconnect fee for the account Verizon charges per device multiple times a month. May want to check out the other charges section of your bill. They may credit some but as a tomorrow credit on the bill after the one you are currently on.
there should be a cap on the reconnection fees!! verizon even charges a reconnection fee just to talk to financial dept. Their service may be cheap but all the hidden charges they hit you with mu... Ver más...
there should be a cap on the reconnection fees!! verizon even charges a reconnection fee just to talk to financial dept. Their service may be cheap but all the hidden charges they hit you with multiple times a month and per device will bankrupt you!!!
After my experience with them the last two days I have figured out with verizon "the customer is always right" rule does not exist and even when it is clearly a verizon error they will still put ... Ver más...
After my experience with them the last two days I have figured out with verizon "the customer is always right" rule does not exist and even when it is clearly a verizon error they will still put the blame on us the customer.
they have used every excuse to gouge my son's account by the tune of $60 a month per device oh yeah there are 4 devices even though it was requested back in April for the device to be remove. the... Ver más...
they have used every excuse to gouge my son's account by the tune of $60 a month per device oh yeah there are 4 devices even though it was requested back in April for the device to be remove. they have charged the account for 5 month for this device. I personally have it in chats that I had email to me for that device to be removed from the account, then this evening Josh from customer care informed me that there has not been any requests today or in April to remove the device!!! since June they have taken an account that cost $261 to over $1000.00 due. We are planning to walk away from this lying deceitful company. I posted the chats, pictures and bills to Facebook because they are doing this to an US Army enlistee all the while trying to draw in our military with their fake military support lie!!!!