Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,404 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

3Droid4sAndCounting's Posts

send them as email attachments to yourself then they'll be stored in Google drive and you'll have that much space to store them in.
wrong, pick an email or more to delete then delete them. stay in that mailbox don't do anything else look. look at the bottom of the screen. you will see a black toast in Android the gives you the op... See more...
wrong, pick an email or more to delete then delete them. stay in that mailbox don't do anything else look. look at the bottom of the screen. you will see a black toast in Android the gives you the opportunity to undo your deletion. don't do anything. just wait for the information toast to disappear it will take a full 15 seconds. what's the opportunity to undo your deletion disappears, then it is safe to exit the email app and do whatever you want to do those emails will not come back to your inbox currently this is the only work around that works there is no fix and no one that Google knows why emails come back to the inbox. no one that Google knows why waiting until the toasted is the fix.   it's best for us to not ask why just be glad they're finally is a way to fix the issue albeit it takes 15 seconds I'l every time you delete anything from the inbox.
your solution is absolutely unnecessary and onerous, there is only one way to "fix" this problem. pick an email or a group of emails to delete then delete them. before you do anything else look at t... See more...
your solution is absolutely unnecessary and onerous, there is only one way to "fix" this problem. pick an email or a group of emails to delete then delete them. before you do anything else look at the bottom of the screen and you will see an opportunity toast to undo what you just did. wait for that toast to disappear it will take a full 15 seconds which is a really long time for a toast to stay there but that's how long it will stay there. once the toast has disappeared you can then go about your business and have no fear of those emails ever showing back up in the inbox. they will of course be in your trash folder for up to 30 days or maybe a little longer it has never been exactly 30 days anyway when I trash folder is ostensibly automatically deleted an email that is older than 30 days. but as long as you wait for the toast to disappear, those deleted emails will not come back and see inbox
It isnt blindly when you dont know in the first place. I did NOT chek a box to cause this, if it is the default behavior for the forum, that is BAD, and that default behaviour needs to stop. -... See more...
It isnt blindly when you dont know in the first place. I did NOT chek a box to cause this, if it is the default behavior for the forum, that is BAD, and that default behaviour needs to stop. --- Original Message ---
Not a clue who you are talki g with, but it has never been me! --- Original Message ---
Dude, TOTALLY different rsvp to nothing i EVRR communicatec to you - clean up the messages and responses! --- Original Message ---
Got it --- Original Message ---
Ridiculous, we are in the category of Droid/Droid2 so I can narrow it down for you - THE DROID or DROID2 , not much difference to worry about there. And Why isnt there a Droid 3 or Droid 4 catego... See more...
Ridiculous, we are in the category of Droid/Droid2 so I can narrow it down for you - THE DROID or DROID2 , not much difference to worry about there. And Why isnt there a Droid 3 or Droid 4 category , they both have their share of issues to discuss as well!
Through some experimentation and remembering having installed an app on my D1 called "Watchdog" (mentioned I think earlier in this thread?) before my D1's screen stayed black - common among a lot... See more...
Through some experimentation and remembering having installed an app on my D1 called "Watchdog" (mentioned I think earlier in this thread?) before my D1's screen stayed black - common among a lot of older MotoDroid models. Watchdog has improved vastly since then (2 years ago at least), and running it, I have found  - for me - a few runaway apps. One is a seriously RAM-leaker called Xiialive, believe it or not.  GReat Internet Radio Streamer, but leaks like a sive, and I now have Watchdog kill it. Another app that is large and if its Notifications are set to ON, will fill your phones main mem of 40-45MB, the app itself is only 14MB! Wha!?  Well, it happens.  A lot.  Now, with the paid version, I can blacklist (paid version only) these apps when they reach high CPU. Unfortunately, the REAL monitoring we need is RAM consumption kills. THAT would be useful, but in general High CPU usually translates into High RAM in smaller devices. So, in short, these constant reboots are INDEED caused by too much RAM comnsumed too fast.  One way to monitor this is to use any App Killer, and as soon as the phone boots enough so you can get into that app, manually Kill alll the apps that popup during the remaining bootup - you will see apps you never thought would be running, how much RAM they take up, and which apps might need some settings tweaks. I have been running tests with Watchdog, and it has warned me indeed of these three mentioned culprits.  <Content deleted per the TOS> Since starting these experiments I have also noticed that now, when I turn my D4 off, it actually STAYS OFF. This makes some sense as RAM will retain its charge when the device cycles off, but if RAM is not killed properly, there may still be code within that causes the reboot on purpose, could actually be some safe-mode thing: in that I also notice after a cycle of device-induced reboot, that on return, the SD and Internal stires are NOT prepared aswith a normal boot - why? Becuase of the RAM charged retention - the bits are still there, havent been cleared - bad OS coding if ya ask me, and ya didnt! Until I implemented the manual app killing (using App Killer) while the boot process was still underway (after being able to unlock the phone after the initial bootup phase), I was chasing my tale with all kinds of two-button, three-button dances, until the phone would finally "settle".  The only reason the devices will finally "settle" is probably due to the nature of Anroid OSes, where I hear they are supposed to monitor and log-compare their own behavior, including sandboxing and booting.  Apparently they also need to Shut Off sequences to the code base. <Content deleted per the TOS> Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator