Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,970 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

JM10024's Posts

@ggendel Thanks for pointing that out. It's very reassuring, if it proves correct. But the letter you pointed to on Crackberry mentions a November security update. It's not specifically about ... See more...
@ggendel Thanks for pointing that out. It's very reassuring, if it proves correct. But the letter you pointed to on Crackberry mentions a November security update. It's not specifically about Marshmallow. In the FCC letter you received, can you please confirm for us that it speaks of Marshmallow in the same light, with an early November release? That would be great. (There will still be the question about whether -- and how promptly -- VZ will continue to release security updates for Marshmallow going forward, but it's at least a start.) Bottom-line lesson: Next time, buy my device from the manufacturer directly and use a GSM carrier.
ggendel, I understand, and good for you for following Verizon's rules. I am certain that the readers of the Verizon Priv User Room forum over at Crackberry would be very interested in your ... See more...
ggendel, I understand, and good for you for following Verizon's rules. I am certain that the readers of the Verizon Priv User Room forum over at Crackberry would be very interested in your news, and AFAIK there's no similar restriction over there about posting your letter. The most recent positing on that forum is a link to your posting here, so I hope you'll choose to share the letter with us over there. Thanks for the encouraging news, either way!
GGendel, Can you please provide the source for the quote you posted about the November release? I believe nothing I read from Verizon, I'm convinced that Verizon has abandoned all development on... See more...
GGendel, Can you please provide the source for the quote you posted about the November release? I believe nothing I read from Verizon, I'm convinced that Verizon has abandoned all development on PRIV patches and updates, and I was planning to jump ship to AT&T this very weekend. I'd love to see the source of your prediction. Thanks.