From what I've read the Verizon Galaxy S7 should work with AT&T with but there are some caveats: 2G (Edge) won't work, 3G will be fine, and LTE works but some LTE bands are missing. I'm not gu... Ver más...
From what I've read the Verizon Galaxy S7 should work with AT&T with but there are some caveats: 2G (Edge) won't work, 3G will be fine, and LTE works but some LTE bands are missing. I'm not guaranteeing anything so don't just take my word for it. If you are up for some reading do a web search for "verizon galaxy s7 with at&t".
Also, it seems Verizon only releases the security patch level updates that fall on the 1st of the month rather than the ones around the 5th of the month.
The update released around October 30-31st took us to Security patch level October 1 and finally addressed BlueBorne. I don't believe the October update dealt with KRACK at all. I expect that wil... Ver más...
The update released around October 30-31st took us to Security patch level October 1 and finally addressed BlueBorne. I don't believe the October update dealt with KRACK at all. I expect that will be dealt with when we see the next update containing the November security patch level at the end of November. We might actually have to wait until December. We'll see when they release the update.
"Security patch level" releases are dated in the beginning of the month but Verizon doesn't actually push their Android updates out until the final week of that month.
BlueBorne is finally fully patched: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless Software Version: NRD90M.G930VVRS4BQI1 Android® Security Patch Level: 2017-10-01, including Blue... Ver más...
BlueBorne is finally fully patched: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless Software Version: NRD90M.G930VVRS4BQI1 Android® Security Patch Level: 2017-10-01, including Blueborne security patch The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
For reference this is why I am confused: https://www.armis.com/blueborne/ : Google has issued a security update patch and notified its partners. It was available to Android partners on August ... Ver más...
For reference this is why I am confused: https://www.armis.com/blueborne/ : Google has issued a security update patch and notified its partners. It was available to Android partners on August 7th, 2017, and made available as part of the September Security Update and Bulletin on September 4, 2017. We recommend that users check that Bulletin for the latest most accurate information. Android users should verify that they have the September 9, 2017 Security Patch Level, Note to Android users: To check if your device is at risk or is the devices around you are at risk, download the Armis BlueBorne Scanner App on Google Play.
As per my post here ( https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/938422 ) it appears that while the patch level wasn't bumped that BlueBorne patched.
In response to myself, even though the security patch level was not bumped to September 1, 2017 it does appear that the BlueBorn vulnerabilities were patched possibly via the newer kernel version... Ver más...
In response to myself, even though the security patch level was not bumped to September 1, 2017 it does appear that the BlueBorn vulnerabilities were patched possibly via the newer kernel version? According to the BlueBorne scanner app by Armis my device is no longer vulnerable. The app can be found in the Play Store.
I see that NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4 was pushed out to Verizon Galaxy S7 customers. I downloaded and installed fully expecting to see the security patch level bumped to September 1, 2017. That didn't ... Ver más...
I see that NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4 was pushed out to Verizon Galaxy S7 customers. I downloaded and installed fully expecting to see the security patch level bumped to September 1, 2017. That didn't happen. AFAIK in order to resolve the vulnerabilities that are involved in BlueBorne the September 1 patch level is required. Can Verizon please provide some feedback on this?
As of September 28, 2017 Verizon is pushing out the latest update (NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4) for the Galaxy S7 in my area. On the positive side it deals with a number of issues. On the downside, I'm ... Ver más...
As of September 28, 2017 Verizon is pushing out the latest update (NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4) for the Galaxy S7 in my area. On the positive side it deals with a number of issues. On the downside, I'm left perplexed. The update does not bumped the security patch level to September 1, 2017. We're left at August 1, 2017. AFAIK this also means that BlueBorne has not been dealt with. Note: Nice to see they have corrected the update page with the proper software version. Previously they had reversed the versions between the S7 and S7 Edge.
On top of what jrh4054 stated, in my pull down menu - pull down from the top of the screen - I have the volume tile. If you tap on it once it goes from sound/vibrate to just vibratre. Tap again a... Ver más...
On top of what jrh4054 stated, in my pull down menu - pull down from the top of the screen - I have the volume tile. If you tap on it once it goes from sound/vibrate to just vibratre. Tap again and totally silent. I find this a quicker method than using the volume down button and it saves wear and tear on the volume button.
Android patch level September 1, 2017 and later should contain the necessary patches for vulnerabilities related to BlueBorne. Given the recent monthly release cycle of updates then we should be ... Ver más...
Android patch level September 1, 2017 and later should contain the necessary patches for vulnerabilities related to BlueBorne. Given the recent monthly release cycle of updates then we should be seeing it soon. Verizon has been pushing out the security updates to customers in the 4th week of the month. I expect to see the latest update pushed out sometime after September 23rd. I'd figure around the 25th but that's just guessing.
The update became available where I am on August 24th and I installed it. Security updates and bug fixes. Bumped to the August 1st Android patch level. Been running for 5 days now without issue. ... Ver más...
The update became available where I am on August 24th and I installed it. Security updates and bug fixes. Bumped to the August 1st Android patch level. Been running for 5 days now without issue. Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update  | Verizon Wireless Verzon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Software Update  | Verizon Wireless Side note: To the Verizon Moderators, could someone please fix the software version numbers on the support pages? If you check the links I posted above you will note that at some point someone began reversing the S7 (G930V) and S7 Edge (G935V) which [some] people might find confusing.
Wireless charging is working as it previously did. The settings for both fast charging via cable and wirelessly are still available. I haven't experienced charging issues so I can't suggest a ... Ver más...
Wireless charging is working as it previously did. The settings for both fast charging via cable and wirelessly are still available. I haven't experienced charging issues so I can't suggest a fix. It seems people have reported such issues off and on since the update to Nougat.
I'm only giving them credit in the sense that they are releasing monthly security updates. I have not commented on the other issues or aspects. I, personally, have not run into the issues that so... Ver más...
I'm only giving them credit in the sense that they are releasing monthly security updates. I have not commented on the other issues or aspects. I, personally, have not run into the issues that so many others have. I'm lucky. That said, it's not relevant to my being glad that they are finally patching security vulnerabilities in a timely fashion. Waiting months and months to release an update to close security flaws when a fix has been available for a long time is simply not acceptable. Unpatched devices are a security risk to not just the owner of the device but other device owners and the networks they interact with.
The latest update was pushed out within the last few days. Installation was without issue and I've encountered no issues since. The update bumps the Android patch level to July 1, 2017. Glad t... Ver más...
The latest update was pushed out within the last few days. Installation was without issue and I've encountered no issues since. The update bumps the Android patch level to July 1, 2017. Glad to see with the release of Nougat that Verizon appears to have committed to releasing monthly updates to protect end-users from security vulnerabilities. I hope they continue to do so rather than making users wait for months and months. Update information: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless
I checked to see if my Firefox install had vanished and it has not. I scanned through my other installed apps and can't find anything missing. I also checked the photos and files from internal st... Ver más...
I checked to see if my Firefox install had vanished and it has not. I scanned through my other installed apps and can't find anything missing. I also checked the photos and files from internal storage and my external SD card. Everything is present. Unfortunately, updates seem to cause issues for some people and not others. I find the situation where people report randomly losing user-installed apps, pictures, etc, to be highly perplexing. I completely believe this is occurring but there's just no explanation and I have yet to see anyone come up with one. Hopefully, you are able to recover the lost images and such. While I never want it to happen I always keep my data synced through Google, Verizon's backup service, etc. Redundancy isn't a bad thing but the fact is we don't want to ever have to need to worry about it. Note: Some apps can/may be removed during an update at the discretion of Verizon and/or Samsung when it is one that was sponsored/bundled when you purchased your phone. Samsung discontinued their Milk Music service, for instance.
Details on the update are limited to simply security-related with no specifics. Post-update the phone stands at the May 1, 2017 patch level. I encountered no issues installing the update or since... Ver más...
Details on the update are limited to simply security-related with no specifics. Post-update the phone stands at the May 1, 2017 patch level. I encountered no issues installing the update or since then. But, as always, unfortunately, YMMV. It's nice to see a security update that isn't tied to major Android version update and was actually released the month it was applicable to.
That's good news. Personally, I never experienced any wired or wireless charging issues but I'd love to know why it only seemed to be a problem for some users and not others.
Not that I know of. Nothing is specifically mentioned but I would hope they've worked in some fixes for those having issues on top of the Verizon One Talk, Android security patches, and updating ... Ver más...
Not that I know of. Nothing is specifically mentioned but I would hope they've worked in some fixes for those having issues on top of the Verizon One Talk, Android security patches, and updating the Amazon app. Update info: Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless