Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,553 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

DEV310's Posts

Hi Joseph, Yes, I've tried a full restore (multiple times).  That did nothing.  It seems to me that Verizon should offer a trade-in for a refurbished, same-model phone if the issue is a softwa... See more...
Hi Joseph, Yes, I've tried a full restore (multiple times).  That did nothing.  It seems to me that Verizon should offer a trade-in for a refurbished, same-model phone if the issue is a software or hardware issue that is not the fault of the user.  How is Verizon not liable for fixing this issue?  Buying a new phone is not an answer I'm willing to accept.
I am having a plethora of problems with my iPhone 6. I first noticed back in February, after an iOS update, that my GPS stopped working.  I would enter a destination, it would give me my starting... See more...
I am having a plethora of problems with my iPhone 6. I first noticed back in February, after an iOS update, that my GPS stopped working.  I would enter a destination, it would give me my starting location, then would not update or track my progress.  So essentially, I got the first direction, but then nothing else.  Not exactly useful.  This same problem persisted across Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze.  The problem obviously had to do with location services.  I've tried every possible fix for this, including resetting all location settings multiple times, total system reboot, with no change.  I haven't been able to use GPS now in 6+ months. Then, a few months ago, my wi-fi signal started dropping.  When I would enter my house, the wi-fi would not pick up.  I can manually enter all the wi-fi settings (name, security, passcode), and it will pick up.  It will drop it shortly thereafter.  I have to re-enter these settings about 100 times a day (about the most annoying thing I can think of).  My husband, on an iPhone 6S, does not have this problem.  I can put our phones side by side and I have 1 bar; he has 4.  My home wi-fi essentially won't work anywhere in my house.  When we are out at places with known wi-fi networks, they don't show up, or I can connect, then it drops it after a minute or so.  The additional consequence of this is that my phone is using an obscene amount of data, as it is always on LTE, 1x, and frequently, 3G (what on earth is going on with Verizon's coverage??) I've called Verizon countless times to discuss the issue with them.  The response I get is "the phone is out of warranty and I'll need to buy a new one."  I don't think so.  I bought a 128 gig iPhone to the tune of like $600.  It's only 2 years old and in pristine condition.  I don't drop my phone, I've never gotten it wet, never cracked the screen.  The Verizon rep told me it is clearly an internal hardware issue, as no iOS updates or reboots can solve my problem.  I refuse to be blackmailed into spending another $600! Since this is not a problem that I caused, and is a hardware issue, shouldn't I be able to trade my defective phone in for a refurbished, same model phone?  What is Verizon's responsibility in this situation?  Telling me I need to buy a new $600 phone is absurd!